• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our fans

Re: Boo Boys.

I didn't boo nor would I. The booing at halftime is completely pointless. The games not over yet FFS. I can understand the booing at fulltime though. Everyone has a right to voice their disapproval at a poor performance. There's not one person here who hasn't made a negative comment, moan or groan whilst attending a game. The fact that a few thousand are expressing negativity at the same time just makes it a lot worse. Is there really any difference between giving it a "oh for f*ck sake Livermore!" after he's given the ball away for the umpteenth time and booing at a performance that was pretty tinkle poor?

Difficult one, I don't think there's anything to gain by booing but then what else can a disgruntled fan do to show their disgust at what AVB is doing to our club?

Oh yeah, because AVB was responsible for the breathtaking football and the great results against Norwich and QPR at the end of last season. I also guess he's responsible for Modric and Rafa wanting to leave.

AVB is not the problem, the team is the problem

it´s the same brick team that did nothing for the 2nd half of last season

I honestly dont understand why we gave Defoe a new contract, and also why we did not ship our entire midfield out except for maybe Sandro

Defoe......................... never ever is consistent........ I have to agree..........

can he prove me wrong........................

if only he could...

Booing at half time was both embarrassing and disgraceful.
Full time was a different story as I don't think it was all directed at the ref.
My section of the lower east were probably closest to hudds red card and we were all grumbling about Halsey by then.
There was also this palava with walker getting a knock and Norwich booting the drop ball into the far corner (should have just contested it for crying out loud).

So I would say most of the grief at that stage was directed at the ref.

I was really, really disappointed with yesterdays performance.

I felt like I'd watched the same game twice in succession, and it seemed there was just no idea what was going on.

I didn't boo, but me and my lad walked out moments before the end (we were still in the concourse as the whistle went) and as i walked out, I flicked a v-sign in the general direction of the pitch.
I, along with many others, aired my thoughts as we walked from the ground. Lots of bad language.

However, now, after 24 hours to reflect, I actually want the team, and AVB in particular, to really prove me wrong, and I will give my all in support of the team.
I so want the doubters to eat their words.

But, at the end of that game, I felt total frustration along with I guess another 30,000 odd fans, and THAT alone was enough to tip some over the edge.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/312/8045146/johnson-dembele-should-have-started?

"Norwich, who won 2-1 at White Hart Lane last season, were helped in part by the home fans' decision to boo their team off at half-time, according to Johnson.

"It's always a bonus for the away team when the home fans don't get behind their team," Johnson added.

"We knew that if we got in their faces then we would get them under pressure and we did that. We have come here twice recently and got two good results."

Well done, lads. Well done. Carry on booing, see how much good it does.

I'm disappointed with our start, purely based on the results so far. The bottom line is though, that we're three games into a new season, playing a new system, with new players, and they need patience, not 'fans' with this false sense of entitlement. That's the sort of brick they get up to at The Emirates.

Sky, newspapers & talksport have all picked up on the booing and it's become a story in it's own right.

But creating a negative story around the club is not as important as people being allowed to air their precious opinion and bawl like a child in public.
Apparently.

I'm disappointed with our start, purely based on the results so far. The bottom line is though, that we're three games into a new season, playing a new system, with new players, and they need patience, not 'fans' with this false sense of entitlement. That's the sort of brick they get up to at The Emirates.

This. It's not so much the argument about whether it is acceptable to boo or not (I don't think it is, but hey ho). It's the sheer pointlessness of it I can't understand - it's massively counterproductive and you're just going to end up with a feedback loop of booing > pressurised players > poor results > more booing > repeat ad infinitum.

We were utter balls on saturday. But we've (a) signed five new players, got rid of a whole lot more, and are trying to play a different system under a different manager, and (b) played even worse in, and lost, this fixture last season. Perspective, much?

Maybe, i am getting sick to death of these dingdongheads screaming abuse at players, especially when they are sitting a few rows in front of me.

I would tell them to STFU. I have no problem doing this to arseholes around me when they go on...

I was really, really disappointed with yesterdays performance.

I felt like I'd watched the same game twice in succession, and it seemed there was just no idea what was going on.

I didn't boo, but me and my lad walked out moments before the end (we were still in the concourse as the whistle went) and as i walked out, I flicked a v-sign in the general direction of the pitch.
I, along with many others, aired my thoughts as we walked from the ground. Lots of bad language.

However, now, after 24 hours to reflect, I actually want the team, and AVB in particular, to really prove me wrong, and I will give my all in support of the team.
I so want the doubters to eat their words.

But, at the end of that game, I felt total frustration along with I guess another 30,000 odd fans, and THAT alone was enough to tip some over the edge.

That is mightily magnanimous of you!!

As the final whistle went and the inquests had begun, I said to my mate that “oh well, we lost to this lot last year”. I then kept my own counsel, as I was determined not to be swayed by the general air of negativity that pervaded WHL after yesterday’s game.

Some of the posters on here would have you believe that we are nailed on for a relegation battle.

Next time the “doubters” visit WHL or attend an away game, can they please leave their negativity at home!!

That is mightily magnanimous of you!!

As the final whistle went and the inquests had begun, I said to my mate that “oh well, we lost to this lot last year”. I then kept my own counsel, as I was determined not to be swayed by the general air of negativity that pervaded WHL after yesterday’s game.

Some of the posters on here would have you believe that we are nailed on for a relegation battle.

Next time the “doubters” visit WHL or attend an away game, can they please leave their negativity at home!!

Ha bloody ha.

The point of the post was to show how frustrated many of us were at the time, but with 24 hours to think, we can all become a bit more reflective.

I'm not looking for plaudits. Just airing my feelings like so many others.

fudge it, it's only a bit of booing, they've got broad shoulders. I support our players when they fudge up, they're human, and so are the fans, and if they want to vent a bit of frustration by booing why not? It's no worse than players getting booked for gobbing off at the lino or ref, picking up disciplinary points and then making themselves unavailable when we need them.

I have never booed but there again I've never fudged off and left our players to play in a half empty stadium either, if booing's demoralising what's seeing seeing swathes of empty seats that were full a few minutes ago? At least the booers stayed to the end of the match and put a decent shift in!

And how about the bloke I nearly came to blows with last year, some plastic gangster who couldn't get a seat in the Park Lane calling Gallas a gooner **** before the match even started? Proper hard core Tottenham him and his mates were, Tottenham through and through apparently, not to the point of actually supporting the team though.

Wow there's a lot of soap boxes in this thread.

For the record, I travelled for a total of 6 hours at a cost of over £100 to watch so called super stars stroll around and not give the shiniest brick that things weren't going well. Add to that the constant brick that levy feeds us every TW and you finally get people snapping.

Did I vent my anger? you bet I fudging did.

What makes it worse is that it seems that Levy is doing all he can to make us a laughing stock. Not everyone wanted Arry gone is what people should remember.
No-one cares.

Football should be about enjoyment. Inject some fudging positivity into your life and get behind the team you miserable bastard.

No-one cares.

Football should be about enjoyment. Inject some fudging positivity into your life and get behind the team you miserable bastard.

This. You choose to pay that much, you choose to travel for that long.

If i'm not mistaken, it's supposed to be so you can 'support' your team...

fudge it, it's only a bit of booing, they've got broad shoulders. I support our players when they fudge up, they're human, and so are the fans, and if they want to vent a bit of frustration by booing why not? It's no worse than players getting booked for gobbing off at the lino or ref, picking up disciplinary points and then making themselves unavailable when we need them.

I have never booed but there again I've never fudged off and left our players to play in a half empty stadium either, if booing's demoralising what's seeing seeing swathes of empty seats that were full a few minutes ago? At least the booers stayed to the end of the match and put a decent shift in!

And how about the bloke I nearly came to blows with last year, some plastic gangster who couldn't get a seat in the Park Lane calling Gallas a gooner **** before the match even started? Proper hard core Tottenham him and his mates were, Tottenham through and through apparently, not to the point of actually supporting the team though.

Well said

Thousands of quality "supporters" would've been queuing at White Hart Lane 10-15 minutes before the boos

Super fans :lol:

What I don't understand is - what these so called 'supporters' come to the Lane to see? Do they genuinely expect us to win every bloody game? It was never going to be easy to bring in a new manager and get some form going - look at how poorly we finished at the back end of last season! I want to see Tottenham play because I enjoy spending my money to have a few drinks with my mates, supporting the team and hopefully see some beautiful football. Even if we lose, we normally brush it off and have a laugh down the pub afterwards. The argument of "I've spent xxx so I'm entitled to say what I want" doesn't bode well with me - does that mean that a non-league football fan has less of a right to voice his opinion than us, just because we support a Premier League side.

I'd love it if the youth team played regular game. Then at least I'd be able to stand side by side with people I enjoy the company of, supporting the team for 90 minutes without being hassled to sit down for 'safety reasons'.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/312/8045146/johnson-dembele-should-have-started?

"Norwich, who won 2-1 at White Hart Lane last season, were helped in part by the home fans' decision to boo their team off at half-time, according to Johnson.

"It's always a bonus for the away team when the home fans don't get behind their team," Johnson added.

"We knew that if we got in their faces then we would get them under pressure and we did that. We have come here twice recently and got two good results."

Well done, lads. Well done. Carry on booing, see how much good it does.
How hard is it to hold in your frustrations and have a go at the team/players in the concourse or outside of the ground? I can't count the number of times I've seen us play badly and went right into one with my dad after the game, but never actually voiced it in the stadium.

Back