• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our fans

Re: Boo Boys.

We're spurs. At times i get tinkled off when we're playing badly, but i won't boo. I'm not going to do anything that may negatively affect our performance because that's exactly the opposite of what i want to happen.

So the price determines your rights?

You have more right to boo then a fan who goes to a lower division club? :-k

Everyone is entitled to boo. If you are not happy with the performance. I'm just saying I find it acceptable to boo at half-time and full time. Not during the game, that isn't on.

no offense viper mate but people like you shouldn't be supporting our club.. i simply have no

no offense viper mate but people like you shouldn't be supporting our club.. i simply have no time for people with your viewpoint, even if you 'don't boo'

no offense viper mate but people like you shouldn't be supporting our club.. i simply have no time for people with your viewpoint, even if you 'don't boo'

Ditto to people with your view point. You'll be happy with us scrapping around the bottom of the table making a profit.

People booing Vertongen after 20-25 minutes when he missed a longpass to Lennon. Nice way to welcome new players...

no offense viper mate but people like you shouldn't be supporting our club.. i simply have no

I remember before we ever had H.R or CL football we used to take the tinkle out of the clubs with the sort of fans we are increasingly attracting. The goonerisation of the club is almost complete (albeit without their success).

People booing Vertongen after 20-25 minutes when he missed a longpass to Lennon. Nice way to welcome new players...

Yes thats what I'm saying is unacceptable. It is totally different to booing after the whistle has gone. While the game is in play you have to get behind the team or their head will drop. But once it is over, you can express your opinion

Ditto to people with your view point. You'll be happy with us scrapping around the bottom of the table making a profit.

I'd be happy scrapping around the bottom if it meant a certain breed of new fan would disappear.

Yes thats what I'm saying is unacceptable. It is totally different to booing after the whistle has gone. While the game is in play you have to get behind the team or their head will drop. But once it is over, you can express your opinion

So full time is acceptable, but not half time? Because at half time it is anything but over.

I'd be happy scrapping around the bottom if it meant a certain breed of new fan would disappear.

Haha, think again. It's us older fans who remember the 70s and 80s (ok I'm not old enough for the 60s), that also find it disappointing. Yes we remember Gross and Ardiles, but we also rememeber Berkinshaw. Get your facts right before you open your mouth.

no you wouldnt

I most certainly would! I got far more enjoyment from football when we were brick than during our recent period of HUGE success (2 CCs in 21 years LOL.). If it brought back the atmosphere and match day experience we had even 6-8 years ago I would be very happy.

I didn't boo yesterday, but go week in, week out...home and away, even when we are brick

But when a team of professional footballers play like that, the fans have every right to vent their anger.

I don't support the boo boys, but I certainly am not arrogant enough to think that I can call them '****s'. Now that is childish

I most certainly would! I got far more enjoyment from football when we were brick than during our recent period of HUGE success (2 CCs in 21 years LOL.). If it brought back the atmosphere and match day experience we had even 6-8 years ago I would be very happy.

hmm, getting tonked by derby and bradford city or beating AC and Inter milan....... ive never heard an atmosphere like when we beat inter at the lane

Thing is AVB was destined for all this crap the second he stayed in England and signed for us..

There is a minority (I hope) of Spurs "fans" and a majority of the media who are almost wishing him to fail after the exploits at Chelski and look forward to nothing more on a day after a match to moan and bitch and try and bring him down another peg. Add into the mix all the other teams "fans" and the players that would no doubt have talked amongst themselves during the period he was at Chelski and the downtime afterwards.

Personally I think AVB has balls for staying as he would have known the amount of crap he would get and also Levy has even bigger ones for throwing out HR and bringing in AVB - as they say Rome was not built overnight and we are going through a transitional phase currently which I for one am prepared to allow time to flourish.

Just because people pay good money to watch the team play does not entitle anyone to boo the team, to me that is just a convenient excuse. They all know what has/is happening to the team and are still expecting to keep the performance of the first half of last season, and that just is not going to happen.

Moan about a misplaced pass, groan about the free headers etc etc but never ever boo the team you support, if you see the performing badly then you are supposed to encourage the team just like any sport in the world be it professional or not, and if you find you can not do that then please don't go and watch them and/or give back the season ticket so a proper fan can watch.

We're 2pts from 3 not 2 from 8, and yes we need to get our crap together - give them the time and your support.

Back