• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our fans in Europe

:rolleyes: So, everytime we used to chant that at Campbell, (whilst having King, Lennon, Jenas, Zokora, Huddlestone, Gomes, Defoe, Chimbonda, etc...) we was directing it soley at a "Black player" we didnt see the skin colour. We saw a C***.

Lyrics below;

Sol, Sol whereever you may be, not long now till lunacy
And we wont give a f*** if your hanging from a tree
Judas C*** with HIV

Racist, no. Just offensive.

Please see my second post in reply to what Marky wrote. I wasn't accusing you or others of singling out Campbell because he is black; rather I was expressing my opinion that the lyrics have racist overtones. Biblical reference or not, to ME it comes across as racist. To each his own. We both recognize it is, at the very least, tasteless!

Additionally, is the sarcastic eye roll necessary? I was completely civil, and even apologized, which you either didn't see or chose to ignore. I don't feel that my response warranted a holier-than-thou response.

Please see my second post in reply to what Marky wrote. I wasn't accusing you or others of singling out Campbell because he is black; rather I was expressing my opinion that the lyrics have racist overtones. Biblical reference or not, to ME it comes across as racist. To each his own. We both recognize it is, at the very least, tasteless!

Maybe we should sing that song directly after the Adebayor óne to prove how none racist the chanting is.

Can't say I've seen many problems abroad in the three times I've been away with Spurs. There was some argy-bargy at the end of the Lazio game when loads of Spurs fans wanted to get out of the ground and the police would have let them but it was nothing major really. At Lyon there was one reaaaalllly smashed bloke who started giving it to some other Spurs fans but he got put in his place quite quickly, he was an idiot anyway. Away at Lazio there was some guy giving brick to a barman in the Campo Di Fiore.

On the whole, I think we're relatively well behaved abroad. The ones that are looking for trouble are normally away from the main crowds anyway (loads in Rome). With regards to the Adebayor stuff - I can't say I've heard any of that

Was at the San Siro on Thursday night and a guy standing near to me and my mate, was a complete and utter disgrace. Ashamed that he was even associated with Spurs. He even used racist terminology to describe Ade at one point.

Wanna stress that this guy was very much in a minority of one, but still.

Can you describe the said gentlemen as I had the exact same experience.

Was at the San Siro on Thursday night and a guy standing near to me and my mate, was a complete and utter disgrace. Ashamed that he was even associated with Spurs. He even used racist terminology to describe Ade at one point.

Wanna stress that this guy was very much in a minority of one, but still.

There were a group of complete tossers standing directly behind me. They all took their shirts off when we scored. They were singing songs about Adebayor.

There were a group of complete tossers standing directly behind me. They all took their shirts off when we scored. They were singing songs about Adebayor.

People who take their shirts off after a goal are among the worst, attention-seeking annoying football fans in the modern game

It's not just in europe, the fans at the Lane are getting worse each year. Too many expect our opponents to just turn up and lay down and just want to moan at our players, plenty of so called fans around me were blaming Bale for our shortcoming against Fulham. They should grow up and realise that its real football and not a computer game

Well said, BushHillSpurs. =D>

Basel will be my 17th European away game with Spurs, and I think are fans behave spot on abroad. Thousands of wallys in that Champions League season, but other than that, not bad at all.

As for Adebayor, did anyone notice how gutted he looked when he scored in the San Siro? :eek:

It's not just in europe, the fans at the Lane are getting worse each year. Too many expect our opponents to just turn up and lay down and just want to moan at our players, plenty of so called fans around me were blaming Bale for our shortcoming against Fulham. They should grow up and realise that its real football and not a computer game

If only.

I can see how that could be construed as Racist. Why HIV - is that a slur at the gay community / Campbells sexual orientation?

I'm ashamed to say that I did sing that song in the days of being a season ticket holder, but I'm a bit older and (i'd like to think) more mature and can blatantly see that that sort of filth has nothing to do with football.

You could be sat next to a 12 year old girl ffs. The "context" doesn't change the content: you wouldn't shout that at someone sat on a bus, why should it be acceptable in another public place?

I wouldn't shout it at someone random on the bus, no. But if someone lied to me for years, stole a brickload of my money and went and spent it on some 'new money' tosser that I hate who'd move into the street and ruined the area with his ugly mock Tudor house, I'd probably say a lot worse.

I wouldn't shout it at someone random on the bus, no. But if someone lied to me for years, stole a brickload of my money and went and spent it on some 'new money' tosser that I hate who'd move into the street and ruined the area with his ugly mock Tudor house, I'd probably say a lot worse.

Thank you.

Its like finding out your best mate has been secretly shagging your missus for the past 5 years. You'd do a lot worse than scream some bad words at him.

By the way, to the poster who said "ohh, what if a 12 year old girl hears you".... Get a bloody grip. If they dont like what they hear, dont go to the football. Or even better, sit in the west stand - where you wont hear fudge all, at all...

Thank you.

Its like finding out your best mate has been secretly shagging your missus for the past 5 years. You'd do a lot worse than scream some bad words at him.

By the way, to the poster who said "ohh, what if a 12 year old girl hears you".... Get a bloody grip. If they dont like what they hear, dont go to the football. Or even better, sit in the west stand - where you wont hear fudge all, at all...

See, I agree that those who want to erase all singing and chanting are missing the point, and further, if you bring your child to football it's probably advisable to let THEM know that they MIGHT hear some rude stuff (I WILL say that one of the biggest fudging macarons I've ever had to suffer on a semi-regular basis was in the West Stand...but your point is taken for sure).

But for me it's a case of personal boundaries, and GHod knows we all have them.

I have known more than half a dozen people who dies from HIV-related illness. When it comes to 'hanging from a tree' I'll grant you that in Britain it does not carry the same racist connotations, but in the US it does. Trust me. Lynching is a big part of America's dirty history (and sadly, in some cases, present). Obviously as an ex-pat who gets home a few times a year my sensibilities are more trained in on the 'racist' connotation of a song about a black man hanging from a tree, and as such, I find it a fudging disgrace, seriously, a disgrace. Add to that the '...die from HIV' and even more so. Because I've seen people die from it and it isn't nice, it's ugly, sad and desperate.

Again, it's my line. I accept that some don't see or hear the song like that, but I do.

So not the 'chant police' at all mate, just a personal line.

p.s. I will never, ever forget the day at Upton park when a copper called Crooks a 'c**n' and (thankfully) a whole bunch of Spurs piled in. Next thing, a massive, massive ruck. I always wore my Anti Nazi league badge with pride, and for some reason, Spurs were always seen as a (largely) anti-racist club even though as many have said, every club has their dingdongheads.

I can see how that could be construed as Racist. Why HIV - is that a slur at the gay community / Campbells sexual orientation?

I'm ashamed to say that I did sing that song in the days of being a season ticket holder, but I'm a bit older and (i'd like to think) more mature and can blatantly see that that sort of filth has nothing to do with football.

You could be sat next to a 12 year old girl ffs. The "context" doesn't change the content: you wouldn't shout that at someone sat on a bus, why should it be acceptable in another public place?

Because football fans have zero braincells? I'm sorry, but it is true. Do you see this sort of idiocy in other sports? I know people who can't stand football because the fans are macarons. It's a shame, because there is banter and there is this crap.

Because football fans have zero braincells? I'm sorry, but it is true. Do you see this sort of idiocy in other sports? I know people who can't stand football because the fans are macarons. It's a shame, because there is banter and there is this crap.

Yes, the banter and sharp songs have given way over the years to lowest common denominator brick.

Yes, but it's not the same. Sorry. He was a massive, massive judas, and lord knows I hated him with tremendous venom, enough to freely circulate the pound notes which were printed up and thrown. But the hanging effigy outside the Lane? Sorry, that was gonad*s...interesting thing which has never been discussed is the potential role GGG might've played. Double-agent and all that. He knew. Of that I am convinced.

And there is a hell of a lot more crap around nowadays.

And there is a hell of a lot more crap around nowadays.

I disagree with this. There was a lot more trouble in the past decade than in this one because its only now that the media have started picking up on it and making a big deal out of it.

How long had the campbell chant been around for before he came out to the media about it? Only then was it picked up on.
Same with the wenger chant. Its not done no more because the media are aware of it.

Football has alot more cameras and microphones etc than ever following it.

Back