• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our fans in Europe

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
Have to say, some of our fans acted like complete ****s on Thursday night in the San Siro. I was in front of the biggest bunch of pikeys I've seen at a football match. Abusing the people who worked in the stadium, and even worse, singing the Adebayor song that Arsenal sing about him getting shot. But these fans were so fudging thick, they couldn't even get the words right "shot in Togo, it should have been you."

I went to the Madrid game two seasons ago and sat with the home fans, there were loads of spurs fans in the same block. Must of them treated it like a home game and thought they could get away with slagging off the Madrid fans and even started fights with them.

I know every club has its idiots, but am I overreacting? Are our fans generally well behaved when they go abroad? Maybe the bigger games tend to bring out the thugs/plastic fans.

Was at the San Siro on Thursday night and a guy standing near to me and my mate, was a complete and utter disgrace. Ashamed that he was even associated with Spurs. He even used racist terminology to describe Ade at one point.

Wanna stress that this guy was very much in a minority of one, but still.

:ross:

As much as I don't rate the guy, no person deserves to be subjected to that, especially from our own supporters!

=D>=D>=D>

Sounds like a touch of bad luck with regards to the clown shoe quota. I've been overseas a few times over the years and it's been decent with good behaviour. I have come across the odd taco singing 'that' song, and have let them know what I think. Same with the 'hanging from a tree' @ C*******. Agree with you 100 percent mate, nobody deserves that.

It's a bit difficult when there's about 10 of them and 3 of you

Understand that too mate, very tough...you always hope that when something is there to be said, others back you up. As Diego said, every club has it's macarons and it's always overwhelmingly disappointing to me when ours pop up close by.

=D>=D>=D>

Sounds like a touch of bad luck with regards to the clown shoe quota. I've been overseas a few times over the years and it's been decent with good behaviour. I have come across the odd taco singing 'that' song, and have let them know what I think. Same with the 'hanging from a tree' @ C*******. Agree with you 100 percent mate, nobody deserves that.

Really? What are you the chant police? The campbell song isnt racist, sexist, or whatever. Its just offensive. And rightly fudging so to that prick.

Really? What are you the chant police? The campbell song isnt racist, sexist, or whatever. Its just offensive. And rightly fudging so to that prick.

Put that all aside, it's fudging macaronic, and it makes our fans like look thick idiots.

I agree fans should have a right to voice their opinion, but within reason.

No.
I just think it's a vile song. And when I'm at a game, i don't want some thick taco belting it out in my ear. So I 'politely' inform them as much. They are always welcome to retort.

The Judas Iscariot reference and hanging is to do with racism, its to do with betrayal and the guilt he felt from it hence he hung himself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Iscariot

Thanks for the history lesson, Marky. Didn't know the origin of that one. I guess the terminology brings to mind the lynch mobs in the south for those of us who grew up in the US. Not trying to discredit anyone, just my personal reaction. Cheers.

The Judas Iscariot reference and hanging is to do with racism, its to do with betrayal and the guilt he felt from it hence he hung himself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Iscariot

I've never been convinced that the authors of the song were big on bible studies and theology. I think that they were just trying to be as offensive as possible and that people have retrospectively applied a meaning to it to justify their behaviour. It's a futile argument though because it is impossible to prove what they intended. What we do know is that many people found it offensive and it made us look like macarons.

That's the first thing that comes to mind for me, actually. Lynching references are overtly racist!

:rolleyes: So, everytime we used to chant that at Campbell, (whilst having King, Lennon, Jenas, Zokora, Huddlestone, Gomes, Defoe, Chimbonda, etc...) we was directing it soley at a "Black player" we didnt see the skin colour. We saw a C***.

Lyrics below;

Sol, Sol whereever you may be, not long now till lunacy
And we wont give a f*** if your hanging from a tree
Judas C*** with HIV

Racist, no. Just offensive.

:rolleyes: So, everytime we used to chant that at Campbell, (whilst having King, Lennon, Jenas, Zokora, Huddlestone, Gomes, Defoe, Chimbonda, etc...) we was directing it soley at a "Black player" we didnt see the skin colour. We saw a C***.

Lyrics below;

Sol, Sol whereever you may be, not long now till lunacy
And we wont give a f*** if your hanging from a tree
Judas C*** with HIV

Racist, no. Just offensive.

I can see how that could be construed as Racist. Why HIV - is that a slur at the gay community / Campbells sexual orientation?

I'm ashamed to say that I did sing that song in the days of being a season ticket holder, but I'm a bit older and (i'd like to think) more mature and can blatantly see that that sort of filth has nothing to do with football.

You could be sat next to a 12 year old girl ffs. The "context" doesn't change the content: you wouldn't shout that at someone sat on a bus, why should it be acceptable in another public place?

Back