• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our "Big Name" players

All of the players you have mentioned play in 433 systems and have much more freedom than Modric has.I rate Modric by the influence he has in our play,not by the goals he scores.He is not here to score the goals,he is here to provide posession,defend and create chances.Scoring is a BONUS

If you think that the club can easily progress and do well without Modric,then you dont share the same opinion as me,HR,Levy and the majority of the Spurs fans.

I think the club can progress easily without Modric. I think you are of the opinion that we will almost fold and fall into the championship without him. So I would hasten to say that the majority of Spurs fans think like me in that it would be nice to keep him but if it is going to be the same scenario as last season then best to get rid and get plenty of money for him.

Modric wants CL football next season. He also wants a hefty rise in pay.

He can either work his duff off for Spurs and get us in. At that point, his agent will have to sit down with Levy and haggle with the likely result being a bonus for a top four finish, a bonus for group stage qualification and an increase in performance-related and team achievement bonuses.

Or he can just slightly tank it and help Spurs miss CL qualification, likely keeping his injury risk down and granting him more leverage to demand a transfer, which if achieved, would double or triple his base pay and leave him not having to worry about all the piddly details Spurs work into their bonus clauses.

I think it's clear which way he'd like to go.

Modric wants CL football next season. He also wants a hefty rise in pay.

He can either work his duff off for Spurs and get us in. At that point, his agent will have to sit down with Levy and haggle with the likely result being a bonus for a top four finish, a bonus for group stage qualification and an increase in performance-related and team achievement bonuses.

Or he can just slightly tank it and help Spurs miss CL qualification, likely keeping his injury risk down and granting him more leverage to demand a transfer, which if achieved, would double or triple his base pay and leave him not having to worry about all the piddly details Spurs work into their bonus clauses.

I think it's clear which way he'd like to go.

flimflam!

He was one of the players that played both away to Sunderland and then at home to Norwich 2 days later. He didn't stop running, he didn't stop trying and he kept at it. He has been one of our best players all season and he generally does not stop running. He always gets back into position and he always tries. Have a look at the Ekotto thread and the pics posted there from one of the goals. Who was back out left covering for Bale? That was Modric. And where was Bale at that time? Nowhere to be seen by the looks of things.

What you wrote would describe Bale a lot better than it described Modric recently. I didn't like what happened last season at all, I desperately hope we manage to keep him again this summer. Because since the transfer window shut last summer he's been nothing if not professional for us.

Roy Keane wasn't in United's team to score goals either, but he still popped up with important goals in big games.

Modric looks like a rabbit in the headlights whenever he is through on goal and invariably scuffs his shot. It's not as if he doesn't have the ability to pick a shot as he manages to score at least one great goal a season for us but really should be slotting home a few more for a player of his talent.

In his last 3 seasons for Zagreb he scored 32 goals in 118 appearances whilst for us he's only managed 16 goals in 141 appearances. Dunno if he played a more attacking role for them or whether it's simply an easier league to score goals in though.

Last edited:
Modric looks like a rabbit in the headlights whenever he is through on goal and invariably scuffs his shot. It's not as if he doesn't have the ability to pick a shot as he manages to score at least one great goal a season for us but really should be slotting home a few more for a player of his talent.

In his last 3 seasons for Zagreb he scored 32 goals in 118 appearances whilst for us he's only managed 16 goals in 141 appearances. Dunno if he played a more attacking role for them or whether it's simply an easier league to score goals in though.

He took penalties (missed only 1 in his whole life),took direct free kicks (surprisingly well) and played the LW role in a 4231 system and was generally all over the pitch.

When you look at all his goals at Tottenham,the huge majority of them are long range efforts,where in Dinamo the other players would set him up much more in the box and he would score alot more "easier" goals.
Most of our chances are crosses in the five yard box and realisticly,Luka is never gonna be there to finish them off.If he initiates the play like he did with the pass against Swansea,he is most likely not even gonna be in the opposition half by the time Bale crosses the ball.

His only real chance of getting goals is if somebody plays a defence splitting pass to him(which nobody really is capable of) or if he hits a great long range effort (like he did 3 times this season).

The United and Chelsea goals of which you speak of were 3 seasons ago! Yes he does it occasionally, he doesn't do it ENOUGH.

I'm not putting all the blame on him and Bale, but people are letting them skate just because they played well in first half of the season.

Exactly!!! Well said, so sick of these guys getting a free ride on here. Modric can't be criticised because he is our best player? F that Shiz! As for us playing badly when Modric is out I seem to recall us playing well without him during the 09-10 season when. We qualified for the cl and he missed quite a few games through injury.

I typed "sorry Wookie" when posting it, but then rubbed it out when I realised that you've spelt Wookiee wrong all these years.
I'm a WookieD, not a wookiee. There's a subtle difference, we're gentler and dont pull people's arms out of their sockets when we lose a t'inter arguement.... There are a few wookiees on GG by that measure though ;)

We can win 3-0 or lose 3-0 and Modrics contribution would be the same, he does not influence games enough for me, he does not create enough, he does not score enough, defensively he does well, if he is a "deep playmaker" why is VDV allowed to drop back to pick up the ball from the CB`s, VDV is another one he runs aimlessly around and does not support Ade anywhere near as much as he should, so Modric sometimes has two DM`s doing the defensive stuff and VDV being creative through the middle, Modric has quite a good job really he is not accountable for anything, enough criticism, I would love to see a fully fit Huddlestone alongside Parker in the middle, get the wingers working hard and tell VDV if he comes deep he is sacked.

I'm a WookieD, not a wookiee. There's a subtle difference, we're gentler and dont pull people's arms out of their sockets when we lose a t'inter arguement.... There are a few wookiees on GG by that measure though ;)

"I suggest a new strategy, R2"

Back