• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Premier League Matches Thread

So can someone please break it down for me what we need to do to avoid the Europa. If we finish 7th and Arsenal win the FA cup then do we get Europa? Do 6th place get EL as it stands too?

I think 7th gets it if Arsenal win the FA Cup, City winning the Capitol Cup meant that 6th gets it

Just in case we don't get a CL spot, here's how you qualify for the Europa League:

• Win the Europa League.
  • Finish in 5th or 6th place in the league or 4th and 5th(6th) if an English club wins the CL, but finish outside the top 4.
  • Qualify for a fair play spot.

Winner of the FA Cup enter at the group stage.

The 5th placed team will enter at the playoff stage.

The 6th place team will currently enter in the 3rd qualifying round in place of the League Cup winners.

Should Arsenal win the FA Cup AND qualify for the CL, the losing finalist will get the last spot, but enter in the 3rd qualifying round, while the 5th and 6th placed teams now enter directly into the group stage and playoff stage respectively.

Fair Play winners enter in the 1st qualifying round and England may get one of the 3 fair play spots.

Latest Fair Play rankings:

1 FIN 8.244
2 NOR 8.240
3 SWE 8.171
4 FRA 8.157
5 ENG 8.144

We are currently third in the fair play league, behind Liverpool and Arsenal, with City and Everton in 4th and 5th.

Next season's Europa League winner will be awarded with a Champions League spot.

Just in case we don't get a CL spot, here's how you qualify for the Europa League:

• Win the Europa League.
  • Finish in 5th or 6th place in the league or 4th and 5th(6th) if an English club wins the CL, but finish outside the top 4.
  • Qualify for a fair play spot.

Winner of the FA Cup enter at the group stage.

The 5th placed team will enter at the playoff stage.

The 6th place team will currently enter in the 3rd qualifying round in place of the League Cup winners.

Should Arsenal win the FA Cup AND qualify for the CL, the losing finalist will get the last spot, but enter in the 3rd qualifying round, while the 5th and 6th placed teams now enter directly into the group stage and playoff stage respectively.

Fair Play winners enter in the 1st qualifying round and England may get one of the 3 fair play spots.

Latest Fair Play rankings:

1 FIN 8.244
2 NOR 8.240
3 SWE 8.171
4 FRA 8.157
5 ENG 8.144

We are currently third in the fair play league, behind Liverpool and Arsenal, with City and Everton in 4th and 5th.

Next season's Europa League winner will be awarded with a Champions League spot.

There is another scenario which i have mentioned before though.

If Everton finish 4th, and Arsenal win the FA Cup, then Arsenal go into EL Group Stage, 6th place into the 4th Quals, but then 7th place goes into the 3rd quals.
We might know a bit better tomorrow after the Everton-Arsenal game, but right now the prospect of our season starting on July 31st is still there, because despite our apparant 'damp squid' finish to the season I cant see us finishing 8th or lower

There is another scenario which i have mentioned before though.

If Everton finish 4th, and Arsenal win the FA Cup, then Arsenal go into EL Group Stage, 6th place into the 4th Quals, but then 7th place goes into the 3rd quals.
We might know a bit better tomorrow after the Everton-Arsenal game, but right now the prospect of our season starting on July 31st is still there, because despite our apparant 'damp squid' finish to the season I cant see us finishing 8th or lower

I don't care how we get there as long as we do.

I don't care how we get there as long as we do.

Dont get me wrong, I'm with you, I want European football next season. I believe we should always want that,
granted we would all prefer CL, but EL looks like our level for a few more season.

On a personal note I wouldnt mind if end up playing on July 31st/Aug 7th as it will be bringing the start of a new season a few days earlier, because come mid-July I am always chomping at the bit for the new season

@GaryLineker: Willian was Tottenham's best signing last summer....well he might have been. :-k

[tweet]452506103461736448[/tweet]

Reading about Felliani using his elbow yet again to whack somebody in the face, how does he keep getting away with it

MOTD:

- Kompany is so impressive for such a young man.

- Pochettino...Is he AVB or is he Mourinho? I probably would in all honesty.

- I've seen plenty of hard and/or dirty players over the years, but Charlie Adam is the only one I can ever recall deliberately and repeatedly trying to hurt other pros. Pure fukking filth. I would put him down like a filthy dirty fukking badger.

- What a baffling decision it was for Solskjaer to take that Cardiff job.

- Tony Pulis...Wow. Hats off. Palace were the worst promoted team I've seen in years at the start the season. Now, they'll probably survive. Amazing, amazing job Pulis has done.

- It's weird how professional footballers can't pass the ball to one another.

- Chris Hughton...taking his criticism on the chin. Class from head to toe.

- Would Lindegard come to Spurs? (As 1st choice I mean.) Wenger should probably step in, but probably won't. I'd cash in on Hugo.

- Vorm's first name is Michelle, lol.

- Most seasons there are clubs I want to see go down. This year, not really. I can find something to like about all the bottom 5/6.

Patrick Barclay on SSN said if Duncan Castles posts a transfer story there normally is some substance to it

Emirates Marketing Project are ready to make a “huge investment” in extracting Luis Suarez from Liverpool should their forward line require restructuring this summer. The Uruguay international is aware of the the interest from City and other leading European clubs and will make a decision on his future over the Premier League close season.

Conscious that Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko may ask to leave the Abu Dhabi-owned club this summer, director of football Txiki Begiristain has identified Suarez as his priority target for the position. He believes the release clause included in the contract the Uruguayan signed at Liverpool in December makes a transfer viable if the player elects to move on.

Suarez wanted to exit Anfield last summer and was infuriated by the refusal of Liverpool's American owners to honour a contractual agreement that he could join a Champions League meeting a fixed transfer fee. Last month, John W Henry confirmed that Suarez at that point "had a buyout clause of £40m”, which he and other decision makers within Fenway Sports Group chose to renege on.

FSG's intransigence over a bid from Arsenal provoked a dispute between Suarez and Brendan Rodgers in which the manager publicly accused him of “total disrespect of the club – a club that has given him everything” and instructed the striker to train alone. Subsequent comments about the team's effectiveness while Suarez completed a 10-match suspension further angered the South American, who friends say regards his outstanding play this season as “a personal revenge” on Rodgers.

revenge....haha, absolute rubbish. Suarez was brilliant last season too but was unlucky he didnt score more because of the post/bar/great goalkeeping. Rodgers has handled Suarez very well, from the biting incident, the massive ban, and the transfer drama over the summer.

Watching goals on sunday and the fulham goal rightly so, the technology disallowed their goal as it wasnt 100% over the line.

Is there a rule on the thickness of lines out of interest? We always hear that a ball should be completely over the line, but what stops lines being an inch thicker than the rest etc.

Watching goals on sunday and the fulham goal rightly so, the technology disallowed their goal as it wasnt 100% over the line.

Is there a rule on the thickness of lines out of interest? We always hear that a ball should be completely over the line, but what stops lines being an inch thicker than the rest etc.

I've heard the Old Trafford goal lines are about 57 cm wide.

Back