• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

So why fill the squad with aging high earners?

I much prefer Fulham's approach (and Villa). Get rid of all the average journeymen and start fresh with younger players on a manageable budget.

I much prefer Fulham's approach (and Villa). Get rid of all the average journeymen and start fresh with younger players on a manageable budget.

Different situations aren't they. Fulham can afford to start new. QPR needs enough experience to stay in the EPL next season.

But Villa just signed Senderos :) and are always fighting a relegation battle it seems.

Fulham got relegated

Hangelaand will be decent experienced signing for qpr and I'm sure Redknapps aim will be to make them comfortable mid table side in their first season back in the PL

Can see QPR avoiding relegation by the skin of their teeth, then Redknapp leaving saying he's left them in a great position. With an average squad age of 30 and wages at 120 % of turnover.

I Remember Redknapp saying that some of the players at QPR when he took over were on bigger wages than our top earners and some of them were not fit to lace the likes of Bale's boots.

I Remember Redknapp saying that some of the players at QPR when he took over were on bigger wages than our top earners and some of them were not fit to lace the likes of Bale's boots.

QPR had a bigger wage bill than Borussia Dortmund in the season that they got relegated and Dortmund reached the Champions League final.

I quite like what Villa are trying to do, I think a lot of clubs do similar now. Seems to me they are doing what we did back in 2005 with arnseen, I think a lot of clubs that were in a similar position to us back then will be looking at how we raised our game or stayed ahead of the pack and are following a similar path.

Well they (QPR) also had a bigger wage bill than Atletico Madrid this season as well.
Perhaps next season's CL loser will make it a hatrick for QPR and Harry:-"

Arsenal?

I would hate to see them in the Final because I would be scared of them winning it but the is always that shot on t.v. of a losing fan crying. One of my many fetishes is seeing arsenal fans crying.

Arsenal?

I would hate to see them in the Final because I would be scared of them winning it but the is always that shot on t.v. of a losing fan crying. One of my many fetishes is seeing arsenal fans crying.

:eek:

Don't you dare jinx things!

Btw, does anyone know if QPR have a bigger wage bill than Arsenal?
Surely not?!?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have confirmed the signing of Jack Colback from Sunderland on a free transfer

Edit:
And Sunderland are not happy...

Club statement

Published: 09 June, 2014
by Sunderland AFC

Club comment on Colback departure.

After the announcement that Jack Colback has signed for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, SAFC has issued the following statement:

“Jack is a player we have nurtured and developed through our academy system since he was eight years old. We gave him the opportunity to become a professional footballer and are therefore extremely disappointed in the events that have led to his departure from the club.

“This wasn’t about money - the club agreed to all of the terms demanded of us during discussions and we were always led to believe that Jack wanted to stay with us. At his and his representatives’ request, final talks were put on hold until the club secured its top flight status. To our dismay however, we were subsequently never given the chance to negotiate with him to stay.

“For him to then leave the club that has supported him throughout his formative years in such a manner, with no chance for Sunderland to recover any of the significant investment that it has made in him as a player, has left a bitter taste."

Last edited:
Villa continue to go downhill! Senderos & Joe Cole??!!

Saddens me to an extent as Villa are a good traditional club who have conducted themselves in the right manner. I want to see them do ok but instead, it seems like relegation looms.

Their owner wants out, so it's just a matter of keeping them up with as little spend as possible until a buyer comes along. Can see Lambert jumping ship if an opportunity presents itself.

I don't think that's a realistic option for Redknapp at QPR. They have a big(ish) budget and expect results quickly. A "fresh start" and build for the future approach would probably get Rednapp sacked in 6 months. I think Hangeland can do well if Redknapp can get his team organized well in the Premier League.

Not sure if Fulham or Villa are great exponents of "the right way". Fulham went down this season, Villa would have gone down last season if not for fluking Benteke in the transfer market. Fulham's academy are supposedly good, but you have to mix that with a functional first team or you essentially end up being a farmer team like Southampton were for years until Cortese/Adkins.

I don't think that's a realistic option for Redknapp at QPR. They have a big(ish) budget and expect results quickly. A "fresh start" and build for the future approach would probably get Rednapp sacked in 6 months. I think Hangeland can do well if Redknapp can get his team organized well in the Premier League.

Not sure if Fulham or Villa are great exponents of "the right way". Fulham went down this season, Villa would have gone down last season if not for fluking Benteke in the transfer market. Fulham's academy are supposedly good, but you have to mix that with a functional first team or you essentially end up being a farmer team like Southampton were for years until Cortese/Adkins.

Fulham have only just started their change. You can look at Spurs and Arsenal too. Invest in players that haven't peaked, certainly not ones whose form has started to drop alarmingly. Villa's main problem has probably been Lambert's poor hit ratio when it comes to transfers. One have to wonder how much say he's had in their two latest acquisitions...

Fulham have only just started their change. You can look at Spurs and Arsenal too. Invest in players that haven't peaked, certainly not ones whose form has started to drop alarmingly. Villa's main problem has probably been Lambert's poor hit ratio when it comes to transfers. One have to wonder how much say he's had in their two latest acquisitions...

Ok, I get you with Fulham. More what they're doing now to get good again. But if you look at teams that have succeeded like that they've had a decent mix of youth and experience I think (thinking of Southampton and Swansea as my examples). Not sure Fulham won't do that, but I think it's helpful.

I think it was Pleat who said two years ago that Villa has a lot of good young players, but that they could get relegated. I think he was onto something, they do have talented, but without the players to get the first team working short term that talent will struggle to develop and those that do will want to leave sooner rather than later.

I think a bit more experience in that Villa side isn't a bad idea, but Senderos and Joe Cole is not the kind of experience I would have wanted if I was Lambert.

The closest thing to bringing in a good experienced player was Ron Vlaar. Most of the players Lambert has brought in have been young players, several of them from abroad too. When you already have a lot of talented, but inexperienced, young players I'm not sure that's the way to get them all improving and working as a team. It's all a bit "Ramos and Comolli at Spurs" if you get my comparison, they need a bit more Redknapp in the mix. £30m net spend in his two seasons there too, not a massive spend, but not insignificant either.

Back