• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

Rooney is World Class. No argument about the matter.

Rooney or the new Bent for you?

He had the potential to be world class and the best English player since Gascoigne. But he never hit those heights, which is why you don't see Barcelona or Real Madrid trying to get him.

As for another post where you state he is 27 and near his peak. Players peak at different ages, and a lot of players peak younger than fans are ready to accept. Take Robbie Keane for example. He was over rated in his prime, for sure, but his prime was early 20's in terms of single handed devastation he could do to teams. By 29, Robbie Keane was actually nothing more than an average player when conventional terms he should have been peaking. Rooney peaked before he was 25 (had that much common with Gazza at least) and has struggled to find consistent form since then. On his day he can still be devastating, but he can also be very wasteful.

I'd take Rooney over Benteke if the terms were identical (because even though I do not think Rooney is world class he certainly is an excellent player), but the reality is Rooney wants £200K a week and that is out of our price range.

Precisely this... Rooney is on £200k a week, the new Bent is likely to be offered say, £60k. Over three years that's a difference of nearly £21m. You can't ask a question like that, its all tort.
Rooney has lost it to a certain extent. He appears to have weight and fitness issues, and I don't think he would significantly outscore Benteke if in a parallel universe he were to sign for us.
As for the class crap that Lymey is going on about.... walob!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sook

So you would take Benteke over Rooney? Well, it is all about opinions.

I would take Benteke, and i don't rate him that highly.

Rooney has just never done it for me. He used to work hard but didn't seem to have the talent to back it up. He doesn't even seem to work that hard any more. He used to have passion, he used to get tinkled off and actually get fired up. Now he just walks around the pitch and bitches that he's not the Numero Uno Striker at United any more.

He is basically the belgiesh Bent ... you know we do it all the time with Brazilians.

For example the Brazilian Bent would be Bentiniho ... or Damiao

Sol Campbell, 38, could make a shock return to Arsenal as manager one day, according to the retired England defender's agent.

Id look forward to the 1st NLD with him as manager

Sol Campbell, 38, could make a shock return to Arsenal as manager one day, according to the retired England defender's agent.

Id look forward to the 1st NLD with him as manager

He won't be manager though.

He does bugger all now. he sits in the West End coffee shops all day, and is dealing in property.

My mate supplies milk to a number of high class restaurants, and the aforementioned coffee shops around the Kings road area, and sees him all the time.

A big fat lump of lard doing fudge all.

And still a ****.

Could Santi Cazorla be on his way back to La Liga after just one season at Arsenal? The Daily Mail are reporting that Atletico Madrid chief executive Miguel Angel Gil Marin was in London on Tuesday trying to negotiate a deal.

[-o<

SSN sources claim Man Utd have rejected a bid from Chelsea for Rooney.

This Rooney thing is getting rather humorous.

SSN sources claim Man Utd have rejected a bid from Chelsea for Rooney.

This Rooney thing is getting rather humorous.

Rumour is, they offered £10m plus Mata. If I was Moyes I'd have taken that in a heartbeat. Not saying Rooney's no good, but he's increasingly appearing like someone who doesn't want to be at the club. And Mata would be a great player for any team.

Moyes really hasn't got off to a good start, has he? All this Rooney controversy - compounded in no small part by his "If Van Persie gets injured" comment.

Could never see Rooney staying at Man Utd under Moyes, considering Moyes sued and won damages off him over his autobiography.

10 mill + Mata for Rooney????:eek: only a mug would say no to that!!!

Mata is some player, cant believe the rumour is that Mourinho would be prepared to let him go

Apparently £10M and a choice of Mata or Luiz.

I'd go Mata personally too.

How much would Mata sell for? £30-35M? Mourinho must really want Rooney.

Back