• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs - Rumours and Discussion

United States international Clint Dempsey could be on his way to Fulham on a season-long loan deal.

The 30-year old Tottenham Hotspur midfielder was signed from Fulham last summer and has been linked with a loan move back to his former club.

Dempsey made 29 Premier League appearances during the 2012/13 campaign, but failed to impress in his debut season with Spurs. Fellow London side Fulham are said to be keen on convincing him to return to the club in an attempt to re-find his form.

During his five-years with Fulham, Dempsey scored 60 goals in 223 games. Last season saw him linked with a number of sides, but Tottenham won the race for his signature. 12 months later and the same side now want to cash in on him, as he isn’t expected to get much playing time next season.

Fulham manager Martin Jol is yet to formerly approach Tottenham for Dempsey’s services, but the 57-year old is very keen on renewing acquaintances with the midfielder.

Both parties are expected to undergo talks in the coming weeks of pre-season to work out a deal that will suit everybody.

Fulham fans will be delighted to hear of the potential return of Dempsey for the 2013/14 season.

Highly doubtful.

Their potential new American owners might be keen though.

there it is.. photofficially official

BO0_3uACIAErDe4.jpg

Della Fo signs for Everton

Dempsey would be excellent squad cover, and is the kind of grimly determined, committed player all clubs need.

Would be stupid letting him go, and even more stupid letting him go on a loan deal.

Perhaps we were interested in signing him on a permanent deal or loan with option to buy and Barcelona wouldn't entertain it? I would just be surprised if in our current situation we were looking at young, unproven loan signings to develop them for one season and then let them go back to their parent club again.

This seems reasonable.

And I agree we should be signing young Barca players on loan just to develop them and send them back. We're not their farmer club! (We're Real Madrid's)

Assuming Bale won't stay beyond next season, I do think Levy's ultimate devious transfer tactic when it comes to Madrid's inevitable antics next summer is to call up Jason Burt and tell him Barca are in deep negotiations for the lad. The resulting article will likely scare Perez brickless. :)

Assuming Bale won't stay beyond next season, I do think Levy's ultimate devious transfer tactic when it comes to Madrid's inevitable antics next summer is to call up Jason Burt and tell him Barca are in deep negotiations for the lad. The resulting article will likely scare Perez brickless. :)

Giving Bale an all expenses paid summer vacation in Paris might work too ;)

So how many Barca B games have you watched to conclude this?

I haven't seen any. But I have seen Spain U20s and he looked exciting.

I imagine he doesn't play anything like Reus or he'd quite easily be in the Barcelona team right now as well as the Spain first team squad.

Dempsey would be excellent squad cover, and is the kind of grimly determined, committed player all clubs need.

Would be stupid letting him go, and even more stupid letting him go on a loan deal.

Yeah I agree.

Any player near 30 should never be sent on loan imo. You either want him or not. He's not going to develop any more!

Still no movement in the Higuain to Arsenal deal; Imagine if we signed Benteke or other decent striker whilst they didn't get somebody of Higuain's name/rep before our match on the 31st August??[-o<

Still no movement in the Higuain to Arsenal deal; Imagine if we signed Benteke or other decent striker whilst they didn't get somebody of Higuain's name/rep before our match on the 31st August??[-o<

I am a little curious about this. They could simply be haggling over price I suppose, but another part of me wonders if there is something more to it. Actually I'm hoping there is something more to it. I like Higuain and don't want to hate him because he's a gooner.

Yeah I agree.

Any player near 30 should never be sent on loan imo. You either want him or not. He's not going to develop any more!

I want to amend that slightly thinking about it. I can imagine if you can't get the price you want for a player but will no way be giving him playing time then a loan would be a good option in the hope he plays well enough to get the price you want the next summer.

I am a little curious about this. They could simply be haggling over price I suppose, but another part of me wonders if there is something more to it. Actually I'm hoping there is something more to it. I like Higuain and don't want to hate him because he's a gooner.

I think the board want him (to appease the fans and get them off their backs) but Wenger doesn't (because then he wont be able to hide behind the 'we don't have the money like others' if or when he fails to win a trophy again)...

Plus he only has one year left of his contract, perhaps the board feel it's up to them to change things....

I think the board want him (to appease the fans and get them off their backs) but Wenger doesn't (because then he wont be able to hide behind the 'we don't have the money like others' if or when he fails to win a trophy again)...

Plus he only has one year left of his contract, perhaps the board feel it's up to them to change things....

Or quite simply he would cost them too much of the mythical war chest and leave them with not enough for other important players. The rumours were that the money to spend had to include wages.

I'm never convinced there gonna spend any money net anyway as it does create a realm of expectancy tha they cant achieve (as someone mentioned earlier). I have this regular argument with gooners (and most I know are reasonable) that all they want is to maintain their position, not improve it and that will eventually cost them.

If they signed Higuain, Fellaini and Cesar I'd fancy their chances of winning the league. I don thin they will sign any of them part from maybe Cesar on a free as they jus don't have the balls to go for it and possibly the finances yet

Back