• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Redknapp said: ‘Frank’s really keen to leave Chelsea. He’s not bothered about playing Champions League or anything.’[/I]

None of his team-mates seem too bothered either.

I do not know of any game where you can get 1.4 points.

The number of points needed to survive in the last 5 years are 31-40. So QPR have to win about 9 games out of their next 25 to put themselves in with a chance. That whole current bottom ten does not look very scary to me.

In a nutshell if HR is any good he will keep them up. Some Spurs fans think he is a genius-many wanted him for England. Let's see what he does with a decent squad and an owner willing to spend big in January.

BBC Gossip

QPR manager Harry Redknapp said his side need to win 10 league games in the remainder of the season in order to avoid the drop.

Calling all R’s: The Redknapp Warning

The wait is finally over for Tottenham fans; their former manager is no longer a former manager. Finally someone has bestowed upon Harry Redknapp a contract, a team but far more importantly for him a platform. Redknapp will no longer be a shadow of sheer nonsense hanging over White Hart Lane, I wish him well but QPR fans need to heed our warnings.

Late one evening In 2008, my phone went mental. These were my pre-twitter days so Spurs news was shared amongst my friends via texts. Juande Ramos and been disposed of along with his coaching staff and helpers, in had swooped Redknapp and his entourage.

This apparently was the start of a glorious period in our history; although if you peel away The Sun and Daily Mail wrapping, it was 4 or 5 unforgettable games sandwiched with some decent performances, marinated in some lucky results and served with a massive side salad of drubbings.

However, I can now release my Redknapp issues, he is no longer mine or Tottenham’s problem. He has had his first game in charge of QPR, a solid 0-0 away to Sunderland and now his challenge of creating using a new mantra: “Four points from thirteen games when I got here” begins.

For Redknapp however, there must be slight sting, as Marcellus Wallace told Butch Coolidge: “that will be pride messing with you”. The man whose destiny it was to lead England to Brazil in 2014 is staring down the barrel of leading the Hoops to Bristol in 2013.

The tabloids sold the public and all bar 95% of Spurs fans the story that Redknapp was this old school manager able to bring the best out of every player. He was the man to unite a John Terry fractured dressing room. Redknapp as the next manager of England was a nailed on certainty for all, bar those in power.

The FA offered the role to Roy Hodgson and as Spurs threw away a wonderful chance of third place by drawing 1-1 at Aston Villa, the public started to see through the façade.

Stood on the touch line as his side was in the process of throwing away 2 vital points, he shook with concentration as he racked his brains for a solution to his problem. Redknapp’s visionary tactical move was to introduce a defensive midfielder with 10 minutes to go; it was all the confirmation that the FA needed. They had made the right choice.

That summer as Hodgson led England on a battling yet once again fruitless international campaign a now jobless Redknapp was in no man’s land. After failing to agree a new deal at Spurs he was sacked, England had Hodgson and every other club had their managers in place. There was nowhere to go but wait for a job and inevitably end up on MOTD talking about Spurs and not talking about any other manager whose position was under threat.

The big job that he craved however never arrived and never would have. The Manchester clubs are beyond him, Woolwich wouldn’t go near him, whilst Liverpool gambled on Brendan Rodgers and Chelsea preferred to face the wrath of their own fans by appointing Rafa Benitez.

It ended up being a choice between Ukraine or QPR, and despite what we have been told to the contrary, Redknapp taking a job in Eastern Europe despite the pay was never going to happen. The truth is that QPR are his level of club.

Financially well backed, in dire straits, southern based and destined to never really make an impact on the Premier League. This is quite a sobering thought for a man so highly regarded by the press and who for a weeks at Spurs led a title challenge.

Now fully entrenched at QPR, it will take a couple of weeks for the furore to settle down. As with every story in the Premier League, there is always another round the corner. So in a few weeks Redknapp may well find himself sat talking to half empty press room and it is at this very moment that all his mistakes at Spurs will come back to haunt him.

The former West Ham boss took Spurs and the platform they bestowed him for granted. As the years ticked by it became Project Redknapp, not Project Tottenham, he had the best squad we have seen in decades, millions of TV money and a chairman intent on raising the clubs profile and asking price.

All Redknapp had to do was keep his focus, do his job and led Spurs into more unchartered waters than just a single season jolly in the Champions League.

At Spurs we proclaim to have witnessed many false dawns, but Redknapp’s broke all contraband guidelines.

QPR fans take note, your club is win-win for Redknapp, he would never have taken it if it wasn’t. If he retains your Premier League status he will push himself back to the front of the queue if England’s Brazil 2014 campaign falters; and should he fail and well: “They had four points from thirteen games when I got here.”

Author: ARLombard

http://www.thefighting****.co.uk/2012/11/calling-all-rs-the-redknapp-warning/

The wait is finally over for Tottenham fans; their former manager is no longer a former manager. Finally someone has bestowed upon Harry Redknapp a contract, a team but far more importantly for him a platform. Redknapp will no longer be a shadow of sheer nonsense hanging over White Hart Lane, I wish him well but QPR fans need to heed our warnings.

Late one evening In 2008, my phone went mental. These were my pre-twitter days so Spurs news was shared amongst my friends via texts. Juande Ramos and been disposed of along with his coaching staff and helpers, in had swooped Redknapp and his entourage.

This apparently was the start of a glorious period in our history; although if you peel away The Sun and Daily Mail wrapping, it was 4 or 5 unforgettable games sandwiched with some decent performances, marinated in some lucky results and served with a massive side salad of drubbings.

However, I can now release my Redknapp issues, he is no longer mine or Tottenham’s problem. He has had his first game in charge of QPR, a solid 0-0 away to Sunderland and now his challenge of creating using a new mantra: “Four points from thirteen games when I got here” begins.

For Redknapp however, there must be slight sting, as Marcellus Wallace told Butch Coolidge: “that will be pride messing with you”. The man whose destiny it was to lead England to Brazil in 2014 is staring down the barrel of leading the Hoops to Bristol in 2013.

The tabloids sold the public and all bar 95% of Spurs fans the story that Redknapp was this old school manager able to bring the best out of every player. He was the man to unite a John Terry fractured dressing room. Redknapp as the next manager of England was a nailed on certainty for all, bar those in power.

The FA offered the role to Roy Hodgson and as Spurs threw away a wonderful chance of third place by drawing 1-1 at Aston Villa, the public started to see through the façade.

Stood on the touch line as his side was in the process of throwing away 2 vital points, he shook with concentration as he racked his brains for a solution to his problem. Redknapp’s visionary tactical move was to introduce a defensive midfielder with 10 minutes to go; it was all the confirmation that the FA needed. They had made the right choice.

That summer as Hodgson led England on a battling yet once again fruitless international campaign a now jobless Redknapp was in no man’s land. After failing to agree a new deal at Spurs he was sacked, England had Hodgson and every other club had their managers in place. There was nowhere to go but wait for a job and inevitably end up on MOTD talking about Spurs and not talking about any other manager whose position was under threat.

The big job that he craved however never arrived and never would have. The Manchester clubs are beyond him, Woolwich wouldn’t go near him, whilst Liverpool gambled on Brendan Rodgers and Chelsea preferred to face the wrath of their own fans by appointing Rafa Benitez.

It ended up being a choice between Ukraine or QPR, and despite what we have been told to the contrary, Redknapp taking a job in Eastern Europe despite the pay was never going to happen. The truth is that QPR are his level of club.

Financially well backed, in dire straits, southern based and destined to never really make an impact on the Premier League. This is quite a sobering thought for a man so highly regarded by the press and who for a weeks at Spurs led a title challenge.

Now fully entrenched at QPR, it will take a couple of weeks for the furore to settle down. As with every story in the Premier League, there is always another round the corner. So in a few weeks Redknapp may well find himself sat talking to half empty press room and it is at this very moment that all his mistakes at Spurs will come back to haunt him.

The former West Ham boss took Spurs and the platform they bestowed him for granted. As the years ticked by it became Project Redknapp, not Project Tottenham, he had the best squad we have seen in decades, millions of TV money and a chairman intent on raising the clubs profile and asking price.

All Redknapp had to do was keep his focus, do his job and led Spurs into more unchartered waters than just a single season jolly in the Champions League.

At Spurs we proclaim to have witnessed many false dawns, but Redknapp’s broke all contraband guidelines.

QPR fans take note, your club is win-win for Redknapp, he would never have taken it if it wasn’t. If he retains your Premier League status he will push himself back to the front of the queue if England’s Brazil 2014 campaign falters; and should he fail and well: “They had four points from thirteen games when I got here.”

Lennon getting injured was the main reason we failed to capitalise on Arsenal's poor showings last year. Redknapp's biggest failure at Spurs was not having a natural right sided replacement for Lennon in the squad. Crazy decision.

I think that's VERY tall order and I think they're going down....

Agreed. They need to pick up some pretty unlikely points to stand any chance of survival. I hope they don't and I want them relegated. I just want Redknapp to leave our players alone in January. Dawson, Huddlestone and Parker need to be staying where they are.

Word. =D>

Calling all R’s: The Redknapp Warning ...

I read all that, but in my head all I could hear was Howard the Duck going "Waugh!" incessantly.

HowardTheDuck.jpg

Some people think that, because they devote their heart and soul to a club, their club deserves a wizard with a fully-charged wand as a manager.

My own view is that HR was given a good platform to achieve a certain amount of success at the club. He did not over-achieve, but he came fairly close to maximising the potential which, given the fact that the last Tottenham team I felt good about was the Livermore-Clemence concoction, counts as an upturn in fortunes in my book.

I believe he did not get the England job for much the same reason Venables's contract did not get renewed by the FA. They thought he was a court case waiting to happen.

Lennon getting injured was the main reason we failed to capitalise on Arsenal's poor showings last year. Redknapp's biggest failure at Spurs was not having a natural right sided replacement for Lennon in the squad. Crazy decision.

At long last you finally concede we failed because of HR's crazy decisions.
I personally do not think this specific one was crazy.

Teams in the relegation zone tend not to get a lot of points, hence..

Yeah, but readings next two games are southampton and sunderland.

And Southampton's game after reading is also sunderland...

Somebody has to get points in these games..

In fact it's basically the worst time for QPR.. :p

Harry Redknapp is considering handing Les Ferdinand and Clive Allen places on his Queens Park Rangers backroom team.

The duo worked with the QPR manager at Tottenham and the 65-year-old boss is plotting a reunion at Loftus Road as he continues to put his stamp on the relegation-threatened club.

Redknapp has already added Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan to his staff, though their appointments will not be officially confirmed until Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki’s departures are approved.

From the outside looking in, Tony Parks, Tim Sherwood and Clive Allen are the only Redknapp-era coaches I'd retain. Parks because of the fact that he rejuvenated Gomes in the first place, and then ensured Friedel (and now Lloris) had settled starts. Sherwood because the NextGen side is doing well. And Allen because....ah, he's Clive Allen.

There were many reasons why we failed to wrap up 3rd - not just Lennon's injury

LES Ferdinand is open to a reunion with Harry Redknapp at Queens Park Rangers.

Ferdinand, along with fellow Rangers old boy Clive Allen, has been linked with a coaching role at Loftus Road following Redknapp’s appointment as manager.

The former England striker spent 12 years in west London as a player, banging in 80 goals before a big-money switch to Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 1995.

Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond have already been added to the Rangers coaching ranks but will not be confirmed until Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki depart.

Ferdinand, who has a season ticket at QPR, worked with Redknapp during his time at Tottenham Hotspur and the 45-year-old wants to end his career at Rangers.

“It’s where I started my career and I’ve always said that at some stage in my footballing I’d like to end it a Queens Park Rangers,” Ferdinand told the Chronicle.

“I spoke to Harry and wished him all the best. Harry’s the one who brought me back into football. I’d been in the wilderness doing a bit of TV stuff and Harry was the one who brought me back so I owe him a huge debt for that.

“I’m not sure I would’ve gone back in were it not for him. I know Harry’s got a great reputation for getting teams out of situations like QPR and I hope he can do it.

“I’m not sure whether that [joining the coaching staff at Rangers] will happen right now, they’ve got other problems to solve rather than the situation with me right now, but it’s somewhere I’d always like to finish.”

Rangers are rooted to the bottom of the Barclays Premier League and are yet to register a win this season.

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2012/12/06/exclusive-ferdinand-open-to-redknapp-reunion-82029-32377085/

Back