• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Re: Harry Redknapp

Still trying to wrap my head around the idea that Chelsea had a bad side last season. I'm not saying they deserved to win the European Cup, yes they were incredibly lucky in the first leg against Chelsea and also in the final, but you don't go to the Nou Camp and restrict Barca like they did if you are a bad team, with 10 men. Teams don't often win the Champions League without being good defensively.

Let's face it, Chelsea underachieved massively in the league, partly because Di Matteo isn't anymore than simply a good/average manager and also because AVB tried to change things too quickly and he upset some of the players. I don't deny he got harshly treated, but you can hardly say his time there was a success.

Can't we just talk about Redknapp in a negative manner (if we so wish) without the same people taking it as a personal insult and dragging it out to a debate over his time here?

I am against censorship on an open forum so no chance that I will let what I perceive to be a distorted truth go :lol: Maybe someone should simply post a negative Redknapp thread where only negative posts are allowed and people can congratulate each other on how much they dislike the same person :lol:

Still trying to wrap my head around the idea that Chelsea had a bad side last season. I'm not saying they deserved to win the European Cup, yes they were incredibly lucky in the first leg against Chelsea and also in the final, but you don't go to the Nou Camp and restrict Barca like they did if you are a bad team, with 10 men. Teams don't often win the Champions League without being good defensively.

Let's face it, Chelsea underachieved massively in the league, partly because Di Matteo isn't anymore than simply a good/average manager and also because AVB tried to change things too quickly and he upset some of the players. I don't deny he got harshly treated, but you can hardly say his time there was a success.

Did you watch them play at all? Pretty easy to wrap your head around it if you did ;)

And were the Champion's of Europe. They did have a poor year in the Premiership, but they should have done better with the players they had. You don't win the Champion's League with bad players!

Last season injuries were bad. Sandro for half a season, Huddlestone for almost all season, Dawson for most of the season, Defoe for a lot of the season, Lennon for a third of the season. Bad year for injuries.

And I think the results this year have been as disappointing as the disappointing results last season, and for many seasons before that. And until we win the Premiership we will always have disappointing results at times because that is why we aren't champions.

Sandro, Dawson & Thudd were not first teamers last season. Thudd probably wouldn't have even made the bench. This is my frustration our squad is soooo much worse this season, players who couldn't get a kick last season have become this season's key players. We had Everton's 2nd best player this season, in a top 6 team, who couldn't even be guaranteed a place on our bench for Christ sakes. We call Sandro a beast, yet he couldn't get a game when fit! We had ridiculous quality and depth last season. An exceptional squad that he didn't get the best from.

Yes we have had bad results this season but every team does. This season we have been consistent all the way through. We have had mostly good results with the odd slip up we have mainly quickly recovered from. We haven't collapsed, we haven't hit the highs of last season but not the lows either, were more organised and fitter and determined which makes up for our lack of quality compared to last year's squad.

Last year we had. An amazing squad that played like turd consistently for almost 3 months

It won't be a failure as while we moved 7 points clear out fixture list was always tougher from that point on. Also their squad and team are better individually and more settled. They also have had less injuries. We had to play several games without Bale, Lenon & Defoe this season

That's debatable. I would say our starting elevens are fairly even. It would probably be 6 players from one team, and five from the other.

Wheelchair has has missed about 3 months of the season too so let's not act like they've not had injuries either.

I would say a 7 point lead with 10 games left over a team that's at a similar level (even if you think they are better, I don't think they are so much better that they we let them catch us in in such a short space of time) is blowing it, although not to the same level as we blew it last season.

Sandro, Dawson & Thudd were not first teamers last season. Thudd probably wouldn't have even made the bench. This is my frustration our squad is soooo much worse this season, players who couldn't get a kick last season have become this season's key players. We had Everton's 2nd best player this season, in a top 6 team, who couldn't even be guaranteed a place on our bench for Christ sakes. We call Sandro a beast, yet he couldn't get a game when fit! We had ridiculous quality and depth last season. An exceptional squad that he didn't get the best from.

Yes we have had bad results this season but every team does. This season we have been consistent all the way through. We have had mostly good results with the odd slip up we have mainly quickly recovered from. We haven't collapsed, we haven't hit the highs of last season but not the lows either, were more organised and fitter and determined which makes up for our lack of quality compared to last year's squad.

Last year we had. An amazing squad that played like turd consistently for almost 3 months

That's how I feel about this season :lol: Thankfully we have Bale to bail us out :)

I am against censorship on an open forum so no chance that I will let what I perceive to be a distorted truth go :lol: Maybe someone should simply post a negative Redknapp thread where only negative posts are allowed and people can congratulate each other on how much they dislike the same person :lol:

Im sure Redknapp is grateful that you're protecting his honor via the internet

It's a shame for the rest of us though that anyone with a negative thing to say about him can't do so without the white knights riding in

Last edited:

The negativity "allowed" seems to vary a bit. Some players you're not allowed to say anything positive about, others nothing negative.

Im sure Redknapp is grateful that you're protecting his honor via the internet

It's nothing to do with honour or him as a person. I've never met him, but I've met players who have played for him and they love him. But what I will continue to debate against is the revisionist attitude of what he achieved as a coach with us. From a purely footballing point of view, he did an excellent job for us. Three top five finishes in a row, including two top four finishes in a Premiership, is an excellent achievement for a club of our size. Especially when that same club was in real relegation danger the season before them!

But people don't give him any credit for finishing above Chelsea.

That's because Chelsea fudged up badly. We fudged up, just not as badly as they did.

If every Man Utd first team player was injured, wouldn't you expect us to finish above them? Or if every City player went on strike?

Simply saying that we finished above Chelsea doesn't get near to the whole story - not unless you take into account how badly they performed throughout the season.

You think we have an amazing squad?

Yes I do. I think we have an excellent squad! What we really lack for me is a first team number 10 or now I guess a left winger as Bale is playing as an excellent number 10! I'd like a back up right winger too, but then I would have liked that last season too. Other than that, I think our squad is very very strong, especially in central defence and midfield. And it's versatile too.

It's nothing to do with honour or him as a person. I've never met him, but I've met players who have played for him and they love him. But what I will continue to debate against is the revisionist attitude of what he achieved as a coach with us. From a purely footballing point of view, he did an excellent job for us. Three top five finishes in a row, including two top four finishes in a Premiership, is an excellent achievement for a club of our size. Especially when that same club was in real relegation danger the season before them!

Well this is kind of my point - This thread was about Redknapp at QPR , not Redknapp at Spurs - people who don't like him had a few laughs at his expense and a couple of pages later the same faces have rolled up to turn it in to a Redknapp at Spurs debate. Again

It wasn't needed and it's fudging boring.

That's because Chelsea fudged up badly. We fudged up, just not as badly as they did.

If every Man Utd first team player was injured, wouldn't you expect us to finish above them? Or if every City player went on strike?

Simply saying that we finished above Chelsea doesn't get near to the whole story - not unless you take into account how badly they performed throughout the season.

I think if we were to finish above Chelsea this season, people will fall over themselves to give credit to AVB. They have a better team than us this season, but they also did last season.

I understand now. We will never agree on this because you have one rule for a coach you don't rate and another for a coach you do rate :lol:

No I call it how I see it. We have not had a prolonged period of poor form at any point this season. Instead we've had minor wobbles where we might have dropped points a couple of times. Only real disappointments for me result wise were Wigan & Fulham at home. All other results were understandable given the circumstances. Just after we went 7 points clear we had injuries to key players which forced changes in personnel and formation. One of the games we "dropped" points in was Everton a top 4 rival where we had to play without 3 of our first choice midfield, our best striker and best defende. We played well and deserved our draw.

Norwich, WBA and Saudi Sportswashing Machine came about as levy hadn't signed the players we needed we had to start with no Dembele and Livermore in midfield ffs

Back