• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Re: Harry Redknapp

I cringed when i saw this thread go up.

Not because we shouldn't talk about HR.

But because it was obvious the arguing would start soon enough.

I wish Harry would retire, but i reckon even then some would argue about where his daily walk would take him.

It's been a year now, almost. We should all have got over this really.

Why shouldn't we be allowed to discuss this like any other football topic on here?

For those who aren't interested or feel the comments are unjust - simply avoid?

Spent millions on his players in January - why didn't his results improve?

He was worse than Sparky

I don't have the answer. The damage was done before he got there but he still ultimately failed. I tipped them to go down at the beginning of the season, but changed my mind when Redknapp came in. There's no doubt he's underachieved, I don't dispute that. Doesn't undo what he achieved at Spurs though. I'm sure plenty will disagree, but that's life.

Why shouldn't we be allowed to discuss this like any other football topic on here?

For those who aren't interested or feel the comments are unjust - simply avoid?

Why don't you read the second and third line of my post?

It's the inability of certain posters to discuss anything rationally, not the subject matter.

I wouldn't call it arguing - it's more like debate and discussion, imv

No different to those arguing Defoe/Ade or Naughton/BAE for example - i.e. topical

Definition of debate
noun
a formal discussion on a particular matter in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward and which usually ends with a vote:

So, same thing.

I say, scrap all forums.

I cringed when i saw this thread go up.

Not because we shouldn't talk about HR.

But because it was obvious the arguing would start soon enough.

I wish Harry would retire, but i reckon even then some would argue about where his daily walk would take him.

It's been a year now, almost. We should all have got over this really.

i'm not entirley sure what this means though crawley. does this mean that one side should remain silent while the other runs riot? cause lets face it...it does descend down to that. taking sides

Not this. It's topical as his team got relegated yesterday. If it turns into a Harry bashing thread, then maybe 'this'. Or perhaps some more words to form an opinion.

at this stage of the thread you dont think its already going in that direction? or even already gone in that direction?

Midtable? Are you sure? He definitely should have kept them up, but they are not a midtable side.

personally speaking i think Dmac just demonstrated a lack of appreciation as to the other things that influence performances outside or raw ability. a man's job battling against relegation is ten times harder with the same set of players if they werent in the battle in the first place

we should just do a poll and get it out of our system.

Q. How did Harry do at Spurs?

Option 1: Overachieved
Option 2: Meh.
Option 3: Underachieved

My guess is that we'll find this board evenly split across the three, hence the neverending debate.

we should just do a poll and get it out of our system.

Q. How did Harry do at Spurs?

Option 1: Overachieved
Option 2: Meh.
Option 3: Underachieved

My guess is that we'll find this board evenly split across the three, hence the neverending debate.

Good idea there for a poll.

He overachieved if people can forget the last couple of months.
4 5 4 are the only numbers we should judge him on...

i'm not entirley sure what this means though crawley. does this mean that one side should remain silent while the other runs riot? cause lets face it...it does descend down to that. taking sides

No, no, it was a general "we". Aimed at both sides.

As I opened, I have no problem with discussing something relevant about harry, I am just so bored with the inevitable row that ensues on here. And that row isn't just arguing. It is point scoring for the sack of it. Again, on both sides.

Harry had good success with us, and we played some good football under him, not going to take it any further re over/meh/underachieved/etc.

Question is, does Harry stay with QPR? and can he get them out of the Championship in one try?

Why does it have to be black or white when it comes to anyone.

Did Arry do well with us? Yes!
Could another manager have done just as well with these players? Possibly
Could he have done better? Possibly
Did he flirt too much with the England job when we needed focus? Probably!
Did he talk too much? Oh definitely :D
Should he have been sacked? Hmm... so many factors and arguments both for and against. This is the toughest question. I do like the fact we have replaced him with AVB though!
Was his tenure a success or failure? Probably more of a success IMO.
Would you change things now in hindsight? No. I think AVB is a project and someone likelier to succeed in building a particular culture at Spurs (think Wenger, Fergie, etc).

Back