• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Re: Harry's back

Have to be honest, regardless of what you think of his tendency to talk a lot to the press, I never quite understood why so many held it against him for supposedly being a mercenary.

Bit hypocritical considering Benny is a hero amongst Spurs fans for admitting that his main motivation for playing football is money.

Jurgen, don't try to be sensible, it won't be tolerated ...

After all, all of us work for the love our job/company and would never consider moving to a bigger company that offered 3X our wages.

Was always going to be a South Coast club. Thought it might be Brighton though

No way would Tony Bloom be that stupid, he is actually a nice guy as well as knowing his football. I worked for his dad on some sites 10 years back, the whole clan are a good bunch.

Poyet i doubt would like it either.

No way would Tony Bloom be that stupid, he is actually a nice guy as well as knowing his football. I worked for his dad on some sites 10 years back, the whole clan are a good bunch.

Poyet i doubt would like it either.

Of course. Why would Poyet want to work with a man who finished in the top 4 twice in the premier league?

Of course. Why would Poyet want to work with a man who finished in the top 4 twice in the premier league?

Well he did not like taking orders from Ramos so stands to reason he would not want redknapp, what would redknapp be a director of football. Can not imagine any chairman in his right mind would want arry anywhere near the financial stuff, asking for trouble.

Well he did not like taking orders from Ramos so stands to reason he would not want redknapp, what would redknapp be a director of football. Can not imagine any chairman in his right mind would want arry anywhere near the financial stuff, asking for trouble.

Indeed.

Have to be honest, regardless of what you think of his tendency to talk a lot to the press, I never quite understood why so many held it against him for supposedly being a mercenary.

Bit hypocritical considering Benny is a hero amongst Spurs fans for admitting that his main motivation for playing football is money.

Harry is advisor to Bournemouth on a voluntary basis.

The chairman deals with the money side of things. He'd just be in charge of signings if he is a DOF.

I know, but some posters assumed he was doing it for money and generally have a pop at him for being a mercenary.

He did shaft both Pompey and scfc in the space of a season, and then left them in the brick when he came to us.

He doesn't have to be at Bournemouth for money, but he has behaved like a mercenary because people offered him a brick load of money.

You can question his loyalty in jumping ship to a local rival but can't blame him for the financial woes.

The owners/directors who signed the cheques shafted Portsmouth and Southampton. He didn't help with constant demands for new players and suggesting expensive options, but its up to the executives to make sure they don't spend more than they have. Levy showed it can be doen, even if it comes at the expense of friction. If the players are crap, blame the manager, if the club goes bust, blame the directors.

In some ways you want the manager to be as ambitious as possible in the transfer window and most are. The notable exception is Wenger and he might have gone too far in the opposite direction.

He did shaft both Pompey and scfc in the space of a season, and then left them in the brick when he came to us.

He doesn't have to be at Bournemouth for money, but he has behaved like a mercenary because people offered him a brick load of money.

Just to be clear, I didn't say he isn't a mercenary. I just question why some pillory him for it, but praise Ekotto for his "honesty" in saying that his main motivation that drives him is money rather than a love for the sport.

Back