• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT - Wasted Potential... The Biggest Underachievers

John Bostock....touted as the next best thing, :lol:

I remember being excited when we signed him and also Dean Parrett shortly thereafter, bouth touted as the heart of Spurs midfield for years to come. I recall the fight we had with palace over Bostock, Simon Jordan doing his nut etc. What a waste of talent.

I saw Riquelme back there. I kind of agree but I think like Le Tissier he danced to his own tune. He was awesome in that Villarreal team, which was a very fine side. It was an absolute pleasure watching him and them. Shame he missed that Pen against **** though, that was a big choke.

Espen Baardsen. Once described by Pat Jennings as the best young goalkeeping talent he'd ever seen, I believe.

Rooney has a purple patch all season when he's unbeatable. He then demonstrates power, aerial ability and the play of a top, top striker.

The question is why is he so inconsistent?

Ghaly

He would have had a long career at Spurs if not for the shirt-throwing incident. Very talented and was one of our best crosser of the ball over the years. Too bad he had a bad temper.

Ghaly

He would have had a long career at Spurs if not for the shirt-throwing incident. Very talented and was one of our best crosser of the ball over the years. Too bad he had a bad temper.

Too bad after an apology, some of our more macaronic fans boo'd him as he was warming up as a sub under Redknapp. What could have been.

Ghaly

I don't agree that he would've had a long career with us. He was a fringe player at the time and the improvement in the team over the following seasons mean that he probably would have been sold regardless.

Darren Caskey - shone as eng u21 captain and had great 6 months for us before finding his level in lower divisions. Shame as had looked such potential when he first got into the team.

Deisler, Ronaldinho, Saviola, Riquelme, Quaresma

Not sure I can quite agree with Ronaldinho really, guy was world player of the year and superb at Barcelona and has won every trophy in the game.

Riquelme is a good one, such unbelieveable talent but played in an era when those types of players rarely got a look in.

He's still got it, I think. Maybe we'll get a second chance with him, who knows.

He seriously could have been special, though.

Maybe another player for this is Jay Jay Okocha, never hit the Euro elite.

Not really an underachiever, did his ligaments twice and has barely played for 1/2 years but was on fire in Spain before that.

He's making billions as a hedgefund manager at present. A much more lucrative job.

I seem to recall that he said he got bored just playing football. I can imagine that might be the case eventually for anyone with half a brain, and I think you've got to enjoy your job, so whatever floats his boat for him. Hedge fund management would bore the bejesus out of me, though.

moussa saib, kieron dyer, ryan giggs never played in a euro or world cup, rory allen (wanted to be the barmy army rather than play football), kinkladze (Emirates Marketing Project dont know how to spell it), le tissier (how can u stay at a **** club so long), benito carbone, terry cooke ( I remember city fans saying he was their beckham), alton thelwell, lee hendrie, there are hundreds I could mention

Back