• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT - "I F*****g Hate Stoke"

Did anyone force you to open this thread? Or read it? Or comment on it?

Tell you what. Let's just have one big fudging thread for all sorts of gonad*s eh?

I, and I'm guessing a lot of other people who frequent these forums don't have time to sit on their arse all day refreshing looking at new posts in a single thread. Far too often stuff simply gets swallowed up in the 'mega-threads' and are only seen by a select few who do have that time available to them.

Is it really hurting anyone on this forum that a new thread was created?

fudge me I can see why people are drifting away from this place when people like you jump on someone over absolutely nothing.

Fair enough rant, I just like an organised board, its the OCD me in me, I see some forums with so many threads similar and its a nightmare trying to navigate around it, at least on our forum you know where to look for other teams stuff, ticket news, stadium stuff, etc

This is not a thread about other threads or modding or merging, it's about the abomination that is Stoke City Football Club.

Yeah, Stoke are ****s that play anti-football. That's annoying as hell, brick to watch and a pain for everyone that enjoys proper football.

The real issue is referees that allow them to go too far, referees that don't punish behaviour that's obviously way over the line. In that sense, the lad from RAWK has a point. I don't mind teams playing like Stoke as long as they get punished for excessive fouling by referees who practice the same rules for every team in every game. Right, Foy?

This is not a thread about other threads or modding or merging, it's about the abomination that is Stoke City Football Club.

Shall we set up threads about every team in the PL then, oh no we have a thread for all other non-spurs team stuff already

Shall we set up threads about every team in the PL then, oh no we have a thread for all other non-spurs team stuff already

Lol Mark, you'll have to deal with your own OCD issues mate. Most people on here cannot be arsed to trawl through vaguely interesting to mind numbing brick, just to find a topic of interest in a massively merged thread beast.

Somebody lambasting Stoke as being pure brick****s is an interesting topic, let it have a thread to itself. If people think it is interesting it will make more comebacks than Sheikh Ma Nuggety Business. If not, then it will slink away like a vilified aFan.

This is therapy in many ways, you should thank us.

l63fe.gif

There's a pertinent point to be made, though. Coyle's Bolton played some scintillating, cavalier football at times, and were hailed by the media and the average fan as being a credit to the game and an example of how to play it. Bolton were duly relegated, and Coyle's just been sacked. Did the media moan about the demise of the expansive Trotters? Nah, they just moved on to the next 'credit to the game', and the next example of how it should be played. Swansea, last year, and presumably Southampton or someone this year. Whereas Stoke have been universally derided for playing a brand of percentage-based lump-it football, and treated with near universal disdain by the majority of like-minded football fans. However, they've now managed to secure respectable finishes in all four of their PL campaigns so far(and are on course to repeat the feat this season), and have qualified for Europe, gotten to a major final and played at Wembley twice in that time.

So what does that say about the legitimacy or otherwise of Stoke's play? Just an honest question.

It's not just the long balls, throws and free kicks, it's their OTT aggressiveness. You can close down and pressure the other team without kicking lumps out of them. It's usually a sign of players not being comfortable with the pace of the game, but sometimes you wonder if teams do it on purpose.

I will never know what happened last year at there place but i would have if i had been in charge at spurs written a letter to the F.A. asking them to investigate that match and the officials in charge of it.

Absolutely bang on. Between that and City away (forearm smash on Kaboul in the face, head-stamp by Balotelli) I think our upper brass simply didn't show enough gonad*s/support of the team. Sometimes you need to defend your corner and take the fines/bans as a club...

It's not just the long balls, throws and free kicks, it's their OTT aggressiveness. You can close down and pressure the other team without kicking lumps out of them. It's usually a sign of players not being comfortable with the pace of the game, but sometimes you wonder if teams do it on purpose.

Well, it seems to have worked for them. Teams across the league mention the Britannia as a tough away day because of the intimidating tactics of the home side, something which very few recently promoted teams can claim to have achieved in the time span Stoke have done it in. So it is effective. Whether it is in the spirit of the game is another matter entirely, but if their bullying was really as bad as most people believe it is, doubtless the referees would do something about it? Imo Stoke stray marginally beyond the line between 'fair' and 'foul', but do it in a way that refs can't actively punish. They're great at the 'dark arts', so to speak. But every time you see Walker or Verts or someone sheperding the ball out for a goal kick, well, that's theoretically illegal too. So where does the opprobrium come from?

Well, it seems to have worked for them. Teams across the league mention the Britannia as a tough away day because of the intimidating tactics of the home side, something which very few recently promoted teams can claim to have achieved in the time span Stoke have done it in. So it is effective. Whether it is in the spirit of the game is another matter entirely, but if their bullying was really as bad as most people believe it is, doubtless the referees would do something about it? Imo Stoke stray marginally beyond the line between 'fair' and 'foul', but do it in a way that refs can't actively punish. They're great at the 'dark arts', so to speak. But every time you see Walker or Verts or someone sheperding the ball out for a goal kick, well, that's theoretically illegal too. So where does the opprobrium come from?

I've never understood why this "shielding" of the ball is allowed when it's about to run out of play.

Absolutely bang on. Between that and City away (forearm smash on Kaboul in the face, head-stamp by Balotelli) I think our upper brass simply didn't show enough gonad*s/support of the team. Sometimes you need to defend your corner and take the fines/bans as a club...

This. Absolutely this. We shouldn't let it get to the self-pitying morass Liverpool seem to be in, but we've got to be more aggressive about these things. Hold the FA accountable for rotten refereeing performances, demand answers when blatant fouls go unpunished....even the players have got to do their part by standing up to someone bullying one of our lads.

I've never understood why this "shielding" of the ball is allowed when it's about to run out of play.

Because it happens in the box a lot, I suppose. And since refs are reluctant to give penalties, they'll generally allow those to go unpunished. But if they allow those to go unpunished, but give them when they're just outside the box, then they'll look hesitant to give a penalty, and they generally go to great lengths to avoid that. So they just let the foul go entirely, inside the box or out.

Back