• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT - Tottenham Hotspur V Boro

I presume Sissoko will be told in no uncertain terms that today wasn't good enough, not near.

If he wants to play he will have to do better. So it will be interesting to see how he reacts in the next game he is allowed to play.

I hope Poch lays the law down - I think though he will be given a little more time. I thought he Sissoko was halfhearted doing most of things he was asked to do! Every other player on the pitch looked 'at it' by comparison. That surly must be actually wrong as we paid £30m just a few weeks ago and Spurs/Poch&co are not that stupid?
But?

I know we are playing absolute brick and every team we have played are relegation fodder, but I'm pleased with where we are. Two tough games coming up this week and a chance for the merchants of doom to wear I told you so t-shirts, I don't think we are the finished product but believe we can keep improving, just going to try and keep positive and take each result as it comes.

I know we are playing absolute brick and every team we have played are relegation fodder, but I'm pleased with where we are. Two tough games coming up this week and a chance for the merchants of doom to wear I told you so t-shirts, I don't think we are the finished product but believe we can keep improving, just going to try and keep positive and take each result as it comes.

We are not playing poorly i.e. the first half today was at times sublime! But we slowly started to look sloppy and wasteful as the game progressed. IMHO the deterioration looked fatigue based, but I'm not sure

Maybe it's just an impression I get from reading the faint praise the team get for an other away win. I suppose I've supported the club for too long and can remember the days of 1 or 2 away wins a season and are blinded by the new light. I thought it was a great result particularly with that team.

Lloris...Great
Walker.....Brainfart
Toby....Great
Vertonghen....Sulky
Davies...Not good enough
Wanyama....Can't pass and a red card waiting to happen
Delle Ali...Out of postion
Sissoko....Waste of money
Ericksen....Bottler
Son....Not good enough
Janssen....Too slow, not good enough

Just what I've read on here, amazed were still unbeaten in league.

Just back from the Boro. Gonna read what looks like the surprisingly short OMT in a min.

First up. Heads up to both sets of fans, cracking atmosphere for MOST of the match. Got a little tense at the end
Second. Well done Son, You have turned it round in my eyes. For me he just got himself 3 league MOTMs on the bounce.

But Jeeeeesus, do we make things hard. After what I thought was the most impressive first halves I have seen us play for donkeys (how we werent 4-0 up I will never know), we ended up timewasting to hang on for a win. What happened to us immediately after the hour mark I just dont know. Maybe it was their subs, but we seemed to go to mush.

Hey, at the end of the day we saw it out and that is something, and we sit 2nd. Still a little concerned over Janssen's finishing, cant fault him off the ball though

I wouldn't get too disappointed in the fact that we won't necessarily dominate a weaker team for the full 90 minutes. IMO, it's very rare now in the Premier League for any team to just crush their opponents for the whole game.

*edit* -- and also, I'm very pleased with the fact that we saw out the 2-1 win, and didn't let them go on and equalise when they got 1 goal back.

Just back from the Boro. Gonna read what looks like the surprisingly short OMT in a min.

First up. Heads up to both sets of fans, cracking atmosphere for MOST of the match. Got a little tense at the end
Second. Well done Son, You have turned it round in my eyes. For me he just got himself 3 league MOTMs on the bounce.

But Jeeeeesus, do we make things hard. After what I thought was the most impressive first halves I have seen us play for donkeys (how we werent 4-0 up I will never know), we ended up timewasting to hang on for a win. What happened to us immediately after the hour mark I just dont know. Maybe it was their subs, but we seemed to go to mush.

Hey, at the end of the day we saw it out and that is something, and we sit 2nd. Still a little concerned over Janssen's finishing, cant fault him off the ball though

Good description "but we seemed to go to mush"! It's why? - because City will put us right under the pump next week.

Hi All,
Just got back from the Beach Club. It has been a LONG day.
A bit drunk, having had a few bloody Marys and many Tusker Lagers.
Of to hit the bed now.
Will give thoughts & details tomorrow.
Anyway, happy that we won are are now 2nd.
May this form continue
COYS

Good description "but we seemed to go to mush"! It's why? - because City will put us right under the pump next week.

Yes. You felt a goal was coming for them just before it did. Think it was partly fatigue because we seemed to start treading water in midfield. From our position we seemed to over-complicate things and tried to score the perfect goal rather than just take a shot and see what happens too many times.

Agree with a lot of comments, even from the other end I was convinced we should have had a penalty in the first half, and even the tackle on Son right in front of us looked suspect.
We get the pen at 2-0 and it goes in, its over and they dont come back from that.Fine lines, and even more annoying when on the way back you hear Liverpool get awarded two and apparantly it sounds like City got a dodgy (anyone confirm this?)

Spot on Wolfy

I can. De Bruyne ducked his head down, just as a big defender came across to shut off his lane, so it was more face to elbow than a malicious elbow. Not a pen for me.

Cheers for that. May take a peek later on MOTD, unless the Boxing has started

Put it this way, if you were the manager, would you be happy with how we did second half? Or is there room for improvement?

"Woeful" the wrong word, but our track record of dealing with pressure situations (last seasons run in for example) we seem to breakdown, not galvanise under pressure. Something the management team can identify, understand and fix. Fatigue comes into it, but that's not all of it.

That was the only point I was making: "woeful" was the wrong word.

Elsewhere I saw our second half performance described as disgraceful and stupidly it just winds me up when people use ultra critical words like that when the result was good, the performance was solid and the team did well. Even more so when you put it in context and consider the points gained so far as we sit second in the table (not that that actually means anything in itself in September).

It just smacks of an entitled attitude and I just wish for more measured responses. Not everything is black and white.

Anyway, I do agree with you that there was room for improvement in the second half, but I'm pleased that even when we were a little off the pace, we were still resilient, showed character and came away with all three points.

We were never really troubled. We slowed down in the second half, but the game was comfortable throughout, even after they scored. We just need to be more clinical when we're on top.

I think we're starting to click and this is the second game after Stoke that we dominated without Dembele in the lineup. By November I think we'll be firing on all cylinders.

That was the only point I was making: "woeful" was the wrong word.

Elsewhere I saw our second half performance described as disgraceful and stupidly it just winds me up when people use ultra critical words like that when the result was good, the performance was solid and the team did well. Even more so when you put it in context and consider the points gained so far as we sit second in the table (not that that actually means anything in itself in September).

It just smacks of an entitled attitude and I just wish for more measured responses. Not everything is black and white.

Anyway, I do agree with you that there was room for improvement in the second half, but I'm pleased that even when we were a little off the pace, we were still resilient, showed character and came away with all three points.

In my posts I said it was a fantastic result. We were brilliant first half. And the offending "woeful" was only to described how this team handles pressure. Not this game per say. If you don't isolate areas of improvement, how do you improve?

I do agree, Poch has raised the bar and Spurs fans now expect so much more. Thankfully we're still more grounded than the Goon glory hunting moaners. I somehow forgot about their game and got stuck in traffic around the Effeminates (my worst nightmare). 14 year old kids being picked up in chauffeur driven Mercs. In fact lots of Chauffeurs waiting. Fans who looked like they'd been to funeral rather than broken their 5 year hoodoo smashing chel$ea. We've got some way to go before we're as poorly represented!

Last edited:
Who played deep with Wanyama today?

No one and that was the problem.
Well it wasn't an issue in the first half when Boro couldn't deal with 5 attackers and two full backs bombing on constantly.
But when Adama came on in the second half and it was 3 versus one in midfield. He kept picking it up deep and coasting past everyone like Dembele.
Poch's solution was for the full backs to stay back and we ended up with a terrible disjointed formation with 5 defensive players and 5 attacking players. Our attacks were now all narrow with little wide support.

Maybe it's just an impression I get from reading the faint praise the team get for an other away win. I suppose I've supported the club for too long and can remember the days of 1 or 2 away wins a season and are blinded by the new light. I thought it was a great result particularly with that team.

Lloris...Great
Walker.....Brainfart
Toby....Great
Vertonghen....Sulky
Davies...Not good enough
Wanyama....Can't pass and a red card waiting to happen
Delle Ali...Out of postion
Sissoko....Waste of money
Ericksen....Bottler
Son....Not good enough
Janssen....Too slow, not good enough

Just what I've read on here, amazed were still unbeaten in league.

Overall situation:

Back