• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. West Ham

Only 4 goals from open play in almost 2 months of league football is bloody awful !

It's not awe inspiring.

I'll go against the grain here with the sub I'd make. I'd like to see Verts moved to left back because he gets forward, carries the ball from deep and will give us width on the left. The alternative is Siggy off for Lamela. Move Lamela to right wing, move Townsend over to the left.

Can this game please prove to everyone, not that it wasn't painfully obvious anyway, that DEFOE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OUR FIRST TEAM!!! Not only does he do **** all and loves being off side, but he makes our attack impotent. Ever since we've gone 1 up front it's been the case, he's great against weaker opposition and as an impact sub because he's direct and can bang them in from anywhere, but he isn't a team player Especially not ours. We miss Soldado's link up play massively today.

Also, with Naughton not being a left back, we need a left winger as we have NOTHING there as sigg keeps cutting in. Rose would usually provide support but naughton is so safe and uncomfortable further up the left side he (rightly) doesn't bother. But it's making us predictable and giving us less opportunities. I'd personally be bold and bring on Lamela and Soldado for Defoe and Sigg, move townsend to the left. But we'll wait until the 60 mins or go 1-0 down.

West Ham the best side in the 1st half. Well organised in defence especially their CBs and midfield good.

AVB has just one thing to say at HT-

GIVE THE FECKING BALL TO ANDROS!!!

Leave off mate, do you honestly believe what you just wrote or are you trying to stand out?!?!

Ffs did I seriously just hear some boos at half time? Some of the cretins at the Lane these days...

I think our fans have a lot in common with **** fans, we applaud when there is moments of skill or when we are winning but when things go against us we go missing big time, perhaps not completely missing but actually help opposition teams with the moans and groans made more audible with the lack of real support. I'd expect those who boo made more noise then than during the rest of the match.

Once again I think this shows that the Paulinho and Dembele is the weaker pair inc. Sandro. I think Sandro and Dembele or Sandro and Paulinho. Obviously we're still missing Capoue too (quite a bit).

West Ham are actually playing quite well and are at least open in their play rather than parking the bus.

Well done once again Andros - much improved over the last 2 weeks.

They are all fairly similar i guess, not much between them, but from the little i've seen of Capoue i've been fairly impressed. Capoue and one other at the moment for me, possibly Paulinho.

No.

We've been the better side but not created too much, 2 of 3 half chances, compared to previous games it's not as good, but we're quite clearly the better side. Bit of a kick up the **** at half time and the players threatened with 10 mins or subs are made and we should be ok.

They've had 1 proper chance from a we'll worked free kick, but other than that, defense not been too troubled.

Thanks.

Dembele has done much more to win the ball back than Paulinho in this game. Paulinho made 1 tackle. Dembele 3 tackles and 1 interception.
I'd rather see Holtby try to create something in that position than what Paulinho is currently doing.

Defoe should have finished one of those Townsend crosses by now.
Siggy and Eriksen have also both been poor enough.

Pretty turgid stuff all round. West Ham had the best chance of the half and aside from a couple of bits of intricate play around the edge of their box we look toothless. Townsend has caused them a few problems but we don't seem to be getting numbers in the box today. Its all very dire.

West Ham look pretty poor and aside from the Nolan chance haven't really caused any problems but we really need to step it up 2nd half, its to slow and lethargic. If teams are gonna play tight and congest the midfield we near to up the tempo and move the ball quicker to open them up.

Oh and Defoe like Soldado has had nothing to feed off aside from a couple of half decent balls into the box from Townsend. I've no problem with Defoe being given the nod today given his goalscoring run recently against poorer opposition but it wont change anything unless we give him the service.

Only 4 goals from open play in almost 2 months of league football is bloody awful !

Its not as if we've created dozens of clear chances in those 2 months either. Would like to see Sandro play instead of Dembele simply because it should give Paulinho more comfort that he can push forward more

How are we playing? I have only managed to watch about 90 seconds of action in aggregate due to a succession of appalling rivers. Can anyone sum up the first half in one or two sentences?

First, WH have been good. Decent at the back, packed midfield/back third of pitch, dangerous on the break and from set pieces.

We have no left side and not enough creativity in the middle to prize an opening. Andros dangerous on the right, Paulinho making those Lampard runs into the box, some intricate 1-2's involving Defo and Siggy around the D...but other than that and a few long range shots, very little creativity. In fairness, no Spurs player playing particularly badly, except for Eriksen who's been peripheral at best.

this inverted winger malarkey is ponderous without the wingbacks bombing forward and using the vast amount of space it creates on the flanks. otherwise, we are left with a very congested, narrow field of play with no dimension.

At one point we were pinging the ball around in front of their back line and they had SEVEN players in their defense versus just Defoe forlornly trying to wriggle some space here and there. Seriously, when you're up against a team who puts all four of their original back-line in central defense, then puts the wingers in the full-back positions, and then drops a defensive midfielder into the aforementioned four-man central defense just to shore it up some more....you're going to struggle, no matter who you are.

Credit to them, though, they created a plan and are sticking to it. Force us down the wings, force us to deliver crosses into the area, and we'll struggle. We don't have natural height: they know this, and have set up in a way that only allows us an attempt to use said height to score.

And I wonder if Joe Cole's 'oh no, anyone but Defoe' comments influenced AVB's selection somewhat. As a result, we have a tiny man in the box trying to win headers against seven hulking West Ham destroyers. Hard to imagine that this wasn't what Big Sam wanted all along.

We have options on the bench. I hope AVB uses them this week. We don't have natural width on the left side, so putting left-footed Lamela there would give us a bit. And Soldado would add some much-needed height.

But, on a more heartening note, we've looked assured despite West Ham's attempts to suffocate the game. We've often been just one misplaced pass away from breaking through, so their game plan isn't as complete as the commentators would have you believe. Still, it's working at the moment, and it's up to us to change it.

Pretty turgid stuff all round. West Ham had the best chance of the half and aside from a couple of bits of intricate play around the edge of their box we look toothless. Townsend has caused them a few problems but we don't seem to be getting numbers in the box today. Its all very dire.

West Ham look pretty poor and aside from the Nolan chance haven't really caused any problems but we really need to step it up 2nd half, its to slow and lethargic. If teams are gonna play tight and congest the midfield we near to up the tempo and move the ball quicker to open them up.

Oh and Defoe like Soldado has had nothing to feed off aside from a couple of half decent balls into the box from Townsend. I've no problem with Defoe being given the nod today given his goalscoring run recently against poorer opposition but it wont change anything unless we give him the service.

tickle my balls with a feather. Like AdamB just stated below yours I think not having Sandro (or a holder) in the side is actually stopping us from getting men forward. If we had Sandro in the side his partner could get forward knowing he was covered. To be fair Paulinho has tried to get forward but he has fluffed his shots.

Leave off mate, do you honestly believe what you just wrote or are you trying to stand out?!?!

Of course. Has their goalie made a save? Have we bossed the midfield?

We will win the game but they won the half.

Edit :And I ain't the only one saying it.

Last edited:
Where is the passion, the flair, the bite, the will to win and the desire ?

Imagine if only we were playing at home in front of our own fans against a team in the relegation zone, with winning giving us a chance to actually go top of the league today.

Oh wait a minute . . . . . . .

Why exactly did avb change a winning formula and put Defoe in for soldado? Such a bizzare decision that hopefully doesnr cost us.

Wow. Is that what counts as football down at the caravan park nowadays? That's pretty shocking - their fans must be embarrassed.

We need more players in the box - no need to worry about being safe, we could have all our players lay down and sleep by the corner flag and they'd still have 9 players within touching distance of their keeper.

I have much more faith this season that we can break down **** like this lot this season compared to the last few.

Back