• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. Tottenham vs Philips Sport Vereniging Eindhoven.

Our problem this season has been conceding late goals and chances - and not scoring late ourselves. We were undone by late goals against Inter, PSV and Watford . We were lucky not to concede late goals to Fulham and Spam. And how many late and meaningful goals have we scored this season ?

The late goals bit is true
And set piece goals too
Basics in seeing a game out
Can handle great goals like Icardis but not dog brick goals like today

Performance yes, final ball - NO WAY Jose. We chose the wrong option too many times and our long distance shooting was absolutely dire.

I agree our finishing needs to improve, but we hit the woodwork twice and keeper made two excellent saves (this does not count all the poor efforts around it). Our free-kicks were poor tonight, very poor.

I agree our finishing needs to improve, but we hit the woodwork twice and keeper made two excellent saves (this does not count all the poor efforts around it). Our free-kicks were poor tonight, very poor.
Kane's freekick was incredible, worse than a Sissoko/Townsend shot

Agree. We were still going forward. This season we just don't seem to be able to kick on in games.

This season? Every time it really matters we don’t kick on.

The problem is its 70m now for a top 4 keeper. Hugo will be number 1 for a while longer, he just needs to suss it all out again.

Gazzaniga has done nothing wrong in any of the games he’s played. He’s looked every inch an excellent replacement for a clearly unsettled (on and off the pitch) Lloris.

I don't know why our game management has been so poor, embarrassingly so, in Champions League games. We did a decent job of that against West Ham and this was an easier game really, wasn't it? We should have won this game and got at least a point v Inter, stupidity means we have 1 point instead of 4. They have made d1cks of themselves in the Champions League so far this season, just have to write it off as a bad lot. Possibility of Europa now but I don't think we have a chance of winning that, I think we might be better off finishing bottom of the group and focussing on the league and domestic cups for this season.

West Ham had a number of chances to get a draw at least. We got away with it a bit on Saturday.

Lot of games
Lot of travel
Final in Baku...
Not sure if we would find that appealing
Wouldn’t say no myself

It’s this type of thinking that is going to kill this squad off. We’re not good enough to win the Champs Lge or the Premiership. We bottle it almost every time we find ourselves in a must win position in a knockout competition. The media continue to beat us with the ‘no trophies’ stick. Players want medals. We should be going all out to win something at this stage - anything - especially given that we’re in a real scrap to get top four this year.

I don't blame Lloris for this one. It was all Eriksen for giving the ball away with a stupid nonchalant pass, and our center backs should also have been more aware of Lozano. Lloris came out and probably saved a goal with his involvement. We had 15 minutes to hold out against a toothless side after that, but we didn't manage it.

As with any game-changing moment of that nature I think there are three poor passages of play.
Eriksen's concession was poor, and most certainly down to lack of match fitness/concentration.
Lloris was over-zealous yet again...but this is because the first steps from the CBs was NOT positive or in any way conclusive. They were both poorly placed, and again, I have to look at Toby as the senior and say WTF. Yes, I am tagging him more because he stood up, waved his arm and asked for absurd weekly money. Earn it.
I think Lloris panicked because there was NO anticipation from the CBs. Thus panic. Thus chaotic situation.

I've no problem with us trying to win the Europa, but Poch needs to leave our half the starting 11 from the previous league game for each EL game. Otherwise they get knackered. Don't take them several hundred miles and put them on the bench - leave them at home with their feet up. We have a good enough squad to leave 5 players at home for all rounds til the semis

We is well out of the Cl now. We might as well play our second team for experience and also so that we don’t have a chance of the Europa league. However, methinks the heirarchy at spurs will want us to go as far as we can in any paying competition for the ££££££

If we end up in Europa, then of course, we give it our best. However, I don't think we are savvy enough to win that competition. So it might be best, just for this season, to crash out of the Champions League and give full focus to domestic competitions. That way, we have a better chance of Champions League football for next season, in our new stadium, and we might be able to pinch one of the domestic cups. The fear is, we qualify for the Europa league and then fall short everywhere.

As with any game-changing moment of that nature I think there are three poor passages of play.
Eriksen's concession was poor, and most certainly down to lack of match fitness/concentration.
Lloris was over-zealous yet again...but this is because the first steps from the CBs was NOT positive or in any way conclusive. They were both poorly placed, and again, I have to look at Toby as the senior and say WTF. Yes, I am tagging him more because he stood up, waved his arm and asked for absurd weekly money. Earn it.
I think Lloris panicked because there was NO anticipation from the CBs. Thus panic. Thus chaotic situation.
Were they were poorly placed or were they just in ‘attack’ mode in positions to receive the ball and not expecting Eriksen to give it away so cheaply and centrally?

From the point that Eriksen gave it away and PSV played Lozano in, it looked to me as though Toby was going to get back and push the striker out wide. I think the only way Lozano was going to score was with a first time effort with his left foot (a 1 in 10 at best type chance if Hugo stays in his goal) or by somehow cutting inside behind Toby and getting a shot away with with his right foot before Sanchez got there (probably a 1 in 20 outcome).

Lozano was nowhere near clear enough through for Hugo to have to risk that, it was terrible decision making.

Def should now concentrate on the cups now. I just hope we can play cl football in the new stadium next season. Would be typical of us to play europa there.

Ruin what exactly? our annual chase for the top 4 trophy only to be routinely knocked out of the Top 4 'Champions' League when it becomes quite apparent that we don't have the winning pedigree when it comes to big games that other teams that routinely win trophies do have?

I'd rather we ruined our season by winning the Europa (which of course qualifies you for the CL anyway) then finishing best of the runners up year after year.

If Barca do the double over Inter and we beat them too (plus beat PSV in the return leg), the last game could get intersting. Of course there's that small obstacle of us probably having to get a result at Camp Nou, but still...

If its really all about winning a fudging trophy, unless we're fudging retarded, we just fudge off out of the CL, play the kids, and give it all in the league Cup and the fa Cup. If it really is all about winning a goddamn trophy. Cus we sure as brick aren't going to win the league or the champions league or the euro league any time soon. Simple math, really. No one gives a fudge about euro league (we've certainly never cared for it), too many matches needed to win. League and CL way too difficult at this point. League Cup an fa cup there for the taking, only a few wins needed.

Lokomotiv vs Porto. Porto were getting hammered for the first 20 mins, could be 2-0 down.

Telles then makes a clearance off the line, he’s absolutely fine afterwards, but once the ball is cleared he goes down as if he’s broken his leg. Wastes several minutes, Lokomotivs momentum is gone and Porto are now 3-1 up.

Right or wrong: we don’t have this level of game management.

Back