• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Liverpool

A shame Marcus wasn't fit tonight, as I think he is the magic pixie-type who thrives on pitches like theirs. Overall we should remember that we were very close to getting a draw...interesting side-note, I don't remember having heard Poch complain about the opposition bench like he did in his post-prezzer, sounded quite upset about it.

A shame Marcus wasn't fit tonight, as I think he is the magic pixie-type who thrives on pitches like theirs. Overall we should remember that we were very close to getting a draw...interesting side-note, I don't remember having heard Poch complain about the opposition bench like he did in his post-prezzer, sounded quite upset about it.

Wasn't much need for it, either - it wasn't like the interviewer was going to ask him difficult questions about why he'd dropped our best chance for a trophy that easily, since interviewers don't generally have the stones to ask questions like that. So he must have been genuinely upset with Liverpool's bench, which seems unnecessary for me - they time-wasted, yes, but they did it well, and they were comfortably on top for about 75 minutes out of 90 anyway.

We may have seemed to be close to getting a draw, but in reality there was a massive gulf between the sides. We don't have enough potency amongst our reserves. Shame we let Dembele mi and that Forest lad that went to Germany slip through our fingers. Sissoko? What does he do?

Liverpool have/had goals in them last night. Not sure our first team would have been that much more of a scoring threat.
We are primarily a good defending team now and thanks goodness for that or where would we be.

Don't agree. Janssen (I can never remember how it's spelt) would be a waste of a creative player. His touch and his passing is awful. I hope I'm proven wrong but can't see him playing or even playing well with Kane.

Edit. Sorry this was a response to the quote you replied to.

I assume you were meaning my post? if it was i could not disagree more with your comment about his first touch, he has a excellant first touch. His passing may not be the best but he is still trying to get used to a much faster game then he was used to in Holland, once he adapts to it he will be fine.

Don't agree. Janssen (I can never remember how it's spelt) would be a waste of a creative player. His touch and his passing is awful. I hope I'm proven wrong but can't see him playing or even playing well with Kane.

Edit. Sorry this was a response to the quote you replied to.

I think that he does have good short passing but I agree on his touch.

I assume you were meaning my post? if it was i could not disagree more with your comment about his first touch, he has a excellant first touch. His passing may not be the best but he is still trying to get used to a much faster game then he was used to in Holland, once he adapts to it he will be fine.

His hold up play and first time lay offs are 'his game' in nutshell and he is not bad at all, I like that aspect of Vincent's game. But it too one dimensional and not enough IMHO for a player at a top club. Maybe Harry has spoilt me.

His hold up play and first time lay offs are 'his game' in nutshell and he is not bad at all, I like that aspect of Vincent's game. But it too one dimensional and not enough IMHO for a player at a top club. Maybe Harry has spoilt me.

But last season (his only one in a top division) he was a goal scorer

I can't comment about his hold up play as u never saw him play other than against England but he clearly showed goal scoring prowess

I could understand the criticism if he was missing chances, but he's not getting good any.
GHod help us if any of ours miss chances like sturridge did last night.
He's had quite a few chances to score dude. Look at his one on one against Palace? I'm sure there was one which was point blank and saved (quite a good save) but he should have scored. Last night, his header was atrocious and off target by quite a bit. Even Souness said he had a shocker with that one. He is not good enough.

He's had quite a few chances to score dude. Look at his one on one against Palace? I'm sure there was one which was point blank and saved (quite a good save) but he should have scored. Last night, his header was atrocious and off target by quite a bit. Even Souness said he had a shocker with that one. He is not good enough.
So quite a few over how many games? Sturridge, who we are always being told is one if the best striker in England, had a conversion rate of what 50% last night , and those were gilt edged chances, one on one with the keeper. So what's a good ratio?

Point blank was vs Everton and was a good If lucky save

The palace one was rash but he had a defender alongside him and strangely hit it from distance

Someone elsewhere said he has had less than 8 games in cumulative time and started and finished 2 games... That's isn't enough time to judge anyone properly but hey your entitled to your opinion

So quite a few over how many games? Sturridge, who we are always being told is one if the best striker in England, had a conversion rate of what 50% last night , and those were gilt edged chances, one on one with the keeper. So what's a good ratio?

That why the top teams sold him and he doesn't start for Liverpool ... Too greedy and too erratic

Liverpool have/had goals in them last night. Not sure our first team would have been that much more of a scoring threat.
We are primarily a good defending team now and thanks goodness for that or where would we be.
We have a better squad than last year, but we still lack some really potent offensive options. We don't have players that really go for it and attacks the danger areas! It's all neat and tidy players that pass the ball around. No one really looks a threat in front of goal. The difference to Liverpool was very obvious, with them able to field attacking players like Origi, Sturridge and Ings. That's a totally different level to Onomha, GKN, Carroll and Janssen.

Back