• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT Tottenham vs Everton**

Rightly or wrong, I think we'll see

-------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------

-----------Romero-----------Dier----------Davies--------------

---Doherty--------------------------------------------Perisic-----

----------------Bentancur------------PEH------------------------

------Richy------------------Kane---------------Son-------------

Rightly or wrong, I think we'll see

-------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------

-----------Romero-----------Dier----------Davies--------------

---Doherty--------------------------------------------Perisic-----

----------------Bentancur------------PEH------------------------

------Richy------------------Kane---------------Son-------------

Yep nailed on unless Richy or Kane are carrying a knock in which case Lucas will come in or Bissouma/Skipp

We must also hope we beat Sporting and Frankfurt Farmers beat Marseille Croissants in Frankfurt. If that happens top place in the CL group is secure

Is that right? We'd be on 10 and Frankfurt on 7

Does it definitely go to head to head rather than GD?

Answering my own question, it does to go head to head;

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine their rankings:

1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;

2. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;

3. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;

4. if, after having applied criteria a) to c), teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to c) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the remaining teams to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria e) to k) apply in the order given to the two or more teams still equal;

5. superior goal difference in all group matches;

6. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;

7. higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;

8. higher number of wins in all group matches;

9. higher number of away wins in all group matches;

10. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received by players and team officials in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);

11. higher club coefficient (see Annex D).

Answering my own question, it does to go head to head;

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine their rankings:

1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;

2. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;

3. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;

4. if, after having applied criteria a) to c), teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to c) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the remaining teams to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria e) to k) apply in the order given to the two or more teams still equal;

5. superior goal difference in all group matches;

6. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;

7. higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;

8. higher number of wins in all group matches;

9. higher number of away wins in all group matches;

10. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received by players and team officials in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);

11. higher club coefficient (see Annex D).
That was an unnecessary long, complicated and confusing way of saying head to head before goal difference.

With the fixture schedule we have had it would be more than sensible to pick the team for the Liverpool game and then leave them all in London for the trip to Marseille.

It's impossible to make plans for so far into the future, too many things can happen. Added to that I hate seeing us play the "second team" as it doesn't exist in reality, it's just 11 blokes who have never played in a competitive match together and usually put up a pathetic display and do nothing to help development or build confidence.

It's impossible to make plans for so far into the future, too many things can happen. Added to that I hate seeing us play the "second team" as it doesn't exist in reality, it's just 11 blokes who have never played in a competitive match together and usually put up a pathetic display and do nothing to help development or build confidence.

Sept13, Sept17, Sept23, Sept26, Oct1, Oct4, Oct8, Oct12, Oct15, Oct19, Oct23, Oct26, Oct29, Nov1, Nov6

That’s the schedule our players are going through with little rotation from Conte. Nov1 is Marseille away and Nov6 is Liverpool at home. If we are already guaranteed top spot in our CL group before the Marseille game I would pick my team for Liverpool at home 5 days in advance of that game and then leave that 11 in London for the trip to Marseille.

Doing anything else is a dereliction of duty imo.

Sept13, Sept17, Sept23, Sept26, Oct1, Oct4, Oct8, Oct12, Oct15, Oct19, Oct23, Oct26, Oct29, Nov1, Nov6

That’s the schedule our players are going through with little rotation from Conte. Nov1 is Marseille away and Nov6 is Liverpool at home. If we are already guaranteed top spot in our CL group before the Marseille game I would pick my team for Liverpool at home 5 days in advance of that game and then leave that 11 in London for the trip to Marseille.

Amazingly though, we highlight for years the needs for depth and it being a squad game and now we have it we have fans that argue about not using that depth. Im not talking wholesale changes either but todays game would be prime to make one or two changes to keep in mind the number of games and United next week. I don't see the point of flogging the same XI only to then have to rely on potentially disgruntled players short of any kind of match sharpness. Bissouma sits on bench all so far season, comes in for his first start and is naturally rusty and you read "see this is why he does not play" which just makes me laugh TBH.

Would that selection be based on availability? Who knows who will be available on 6 November? Thats my point. Might as well select our team for champions league final now.

Everton are quite brick under Fat Frank, aren't they? Anything but a win today would be disappointing, but we need to be turned on from minute one. We have a tendency of playing some very complacent football for the first 30 or so minutes.

There will be about 10 of my lads at the game today in honour of our friend Stuart Fogden a south stand season ticket holder who died suddenly on the 24th of September.
It's going to be very emotional, a win would be fitting but not the most important thing about the day for me.
Stu was a wonderful man kind, generous of spirit and deeply passionate about Spurs. The one thing he taught me above anything else was the importance of consistency in life and I will be forever grateful for that.
RIP Stu. IMG_20221015_130359.jpg

Would that selection be based on availability? Who knows who will be available on 6 November? Thats my point. Might as well select our team for champions league final now.

I said I would make that selection 5 days before the Pool game, so I would know who would be available for that game 5 days before it takes place.

Then those 11 players stay in London and don’t travel to Marseille.

Back