• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

Walker on twitter: 'Emirates Marketing Project are there for the taking Sunday boys #coys'. You know what, he is right. Fed up of silly rubbish about spurs bubble burst after a draw! Love to go there and turn them over.

-------------------------Friedel---------------------------

Walker------------Kaboul---------King---------------Ekotto

-------------------------Sandro---------------------------

-----------------Parker----------Modric--------------------

--Lennon------------------------------ -VDV--------------

------------------------------ Bale------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

Subs: Cudicini, Dawson, Bassong, Livermore, Pienaar, Niko, Defoe

Walker------------Kaboul---------King---------------Ekotto

-------------------------Sandro---------------------------

-----------------Parker----------Modric--------------------

--Lennon------------------------------ -VDV--------------

------------------------------ Bale------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

Subs: Cudicini, Dawson, Bassong, Livermore, Pienaar, Niko, Defoe

Would be interesting to see that but you know there is 0% chance of it happening. I question Bale ability to play with his back to goal and as the highest man on the pitch but it could work. Is Sandro even fit though?

That said, dropping Defoe when he is the established first choice in this scenario wouldn't be the right idea, I think he will be fired up and based on his all-round game this year we may just be able to get a win. He's gonna be up against clowns like Lescott and maybe Savic, so if we can get past their midfield hopefully he, VDV, Bale and Lennon will have too much for them.

Silva, Toure and Kompany are their best 3 players by a distance, so we just have to contain Silva and hopefully we'll be fine. Take silva out of the game and players like Aguero will follow... COYS

This rational talk of drawing/winning is doing me no good, I haven't experienced unbridled pessimism for a long time so I'm going to wallow in it until we have won 4-0 ;)

Would be interesting to see that but you know there is 0% chance of it happening. I question Bale ability to play with his back to goal and as the highest man on the pitch but it could work. Is Sandro even fit though?

That said, dropping Defoe when he is the established first choice in this scenario wouldn't be the right idea, I think he will be fired up and based on his all-round game this year we may just be able to get a win. He's gonna be up against clowns like Lescott and maybe Savic, so if we can get past their midfield hopefully he, VDV, Bale and Lennon will have too much for them.

Silva, Toure and Kompany are their best 3 players by a distance, so we just have to contain Silva and hopefully we'll be fine. Take silva out of the game and players like Aguero will follow... COYS

This rational talk of drawing/winning is doing me no good, I haven't experienced unbridled pessimism for a long time so I'm going to wallow in it until we have won 4-0 ;)

I like the idea of playing Defoe but we really need 3 midfielders in centre midfield (Livermore if Sandro isn't available).
If Defoe plays then Which of Bale,Vdv and Lennon do we drop?

Walker------------Kaboul--------------Sandro-----------King---------------Bale

-----------------Modric-----------Parker---------------VDV--------------

-----------------Lennon----------------Defoe---------------------

Sadly, there will be no King or Sandro

sooooooooo

Walker---------Dawson-------------Kaboul----------------BAE

-Lennon--------Modric-----------Parker---------------VDV-----

-----------------Defoe-------Bale--------------

This game will be out of Livermore's depth IMO

Last edited:
I really hope Dawson and Kaboul isn't our partnership at the back.

I would like 3 in the middle too tbh, we need it in these sorts of difficult away matches, especially without Adebayor to retain possession. I can't see a natural solution with the players we have available though. On paper it looks a bit off the wall but if we used a system something like this we could pack the middle and keep some sort of continuity going forwards:

---------------Friedel--------------
-----Dawson---Kaboul---King-------
Walker---Parker-------Modric----Bale
------VDV-------------Lennon------
---------------Defoe---------------

Kaboul (or Sandro if he was fit, with Kaboul in place of Daws) pushing up into defensive midfield when needed, and allowed to drive with the ball with more freedom than when playing in a 2. VDV and Lennon in free roles, with VDV more central and Lennon on either wing when we attack, accompanied on the opposite side by Bale/Walker who would be covered by King/Dawson.

Essentially we would be playing a similar system to our normal 4-2-3-1 going forwards, but with an extra man in/ in front of the defence to stifle their passing when we don't have the ball:

---------------Friedel------------
Walker---Dawson---Kaboul----King
--------Parker-----Modric--------
---Lennon-------VDV-------Bale--
----------------Defoe------------

We might be a bit susceptible to them switching the ball with Bale/ Walker pushed up, but I would hope that the back 3 above could cope aerially, and the weakest link in Dawson would be protected by Parker as well.

Of course I think all these sorts of changes to our system wouldn't cut it with Harry and he'll just start our first team + Defoe.

yes daddy, but daddy we were crap against wolves, and we need better players playing, yayyyyyyy

I don't see how the Wolves game is that relevant. We're weren't crap, we controlled the game but had trouble breaking down a team with no attacking intentions.
The City game should be a open game of football.

I would like 3 in the middle too tbh, we need it in these sorts of difficult away matches, especially without Adebayor to retain possession. I can't see a natural solution with the players we have available though. On paper it looks a bit off the wall but if we used a system something like this we could pack the middle and keep some sort of continuity going forwards:

Kaboul (or Sandro if he was fit, with Kaboul in place of Daws) pushing up into defensive midfield when needed, and allowed to drive with the ball with more freedom than when playing in a 2. VDV and Lennon in free roles, with VDV more central and Lennon on either wing when we attack, accompanied on the opposite side by Bale/Walker who would be covered by King/Dawson.

Essentially we would be playing a similar system to our normal 4-2-3-1 going forwards, but with an extra man in/ in front of the defence to stifle their passing when we don't have the ball:

We might be a bit susceptible to them switching the ball with Bale/ Walker pushed up, but I would hope that the back 3 above could cope aerially, and the weakest link in Dawson would be protected by Parker as well.

Of course I think all these sorts of changes to our system wouldn't cut it with Harry and he'll just start our first team + Defoe.

that would be walker

Worst OMT ever.

4-0 to united. Charlton with 5

Sent from my HTC Desire using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

If we were to go with three at the back, I think Lennon would likely start on the bench, with Livermore partnering ParkerÔÇösomething like:

---------Friedel
---Dawson Kaboul King
Walker Parker Livermore Bale
---------Modrić
---van der Vaart Defoe

morphing into

---------Friedel
Kaboul Dawson King Bale
Walker Parker Livermore Modrić
---van der Vaart Defoe

However, assuming (as above) that King is fit, I think we're more likely to see

---------Friedel
Walker Kaboul King Assou-Ekotto
Lennon Parker Modrić Bale
---van der Vaart Defoe

and

------------Friedel
Walker Kaboul King Assou-Ekotto
-----vdV Parker Modrić
Lennon Defoe Bale

Livermore maybe coming in as sub for van der Vaart if we need to stiffen it up, and Modrić linking further forward. We couldn't wish for a better time to go there and play them, but I've still got a feeling we will struggle to retain possesion in their half. Luka will need to bring his A game, I reckon.

Last edited:
My team would be(hoping Ledley and Sandro make it)

----------------------- Friedel ----------------------
Walker ------- Kaboul ----------- King -------- Ekotto
-------------- Sandro ---------- Parker -------------
----------------------- Modric ----------------------
------ Bale ----------------------------- Lennon ----
------------------- Van Der Vaart -------------------

The top 3 can go wherever they like, but without no real striker we need to maximise goal potential so need Lennon and Bale/VDV cutting in. Bale pretty much thinks he's a striker these days so why not ....

Back