• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*******TOTTENHAM VS Ar5ena1***********

Poch will play those in form rather than throw players back in. Dembele will start and I have no problem with that if he can keep up his performances, regardless of previous opposition, he was passing the ball quicker and his strength on the ball is always key.

I'd personally rather a four of Kane, Eriksen, Chadli and Lamela but I think we will see Dembele instead of Chadli.

I think Bentaleb will come straight back in to the team, assuming he's match fit. Whether that is alongside Mason or Stambouli i don't know - I do like the idea of having Rose, Walker, Mason, Bentaleb and Kane all involved from the off - almost half the team understanding the derby/rivalry, could give us an edge.

Something tells me this is going to be a great game

A win would be so big for us. Especially with the early kick off meaning a we would see us go fourth.

A draw isn't the worst result and I'd take it if offered. But a loss I would absolutely HATE. Those clams would go about 5 points clear and top four slips from our grasp

I think Bentaleb will come straight back in to the team, assuming he's match fit. Whether that is alongside Mason or Stambouli i don't know - I do like the idea of having Rose, Walker, Mason, Bentaleb and Kane all involved from the off - almost half the team understanding the derby/rivalry, could give us an edge.

Something tells me this is going to be a great game

I have that feeling too...

Lloris

Walker Fazio Vertonghen Rose
Mason Bentaleb

Lamela Dembele Eriksen
Kane

subs: Vorm, Dier, Nobby, Chadli, Stambouli, Paulinho, Davies

I think we will win this providing we can press high and hunt the ball in packs like last week. The movement between that front four is also critical, as long as they continue to interchange and work hard, we will be fine. Lamela to smack a corker BTW! Admittedly it will be a different level, but I think we are every bit their equal and have more congruence and flow between our players right now. Our unit feels stronger and more consistent.

Hi Steff, optimistic as always - Good to see!!

Can you break down the reasons why you say the bolded bit in terms of gameplay and tactics or from how you have seen both teams play recently?
Tbf to them they are on a great run and since they dropped that clown Sczeszny after NYD they haven't conceded a goal...whilst we rarely keep clean sheets and offer up amny goal opportunities to the opposition.

They've shown they can concede however and we've shown we can score. Chelsea being a prime example on new years day and Brighton being a prime example last week for Arsenal.

I think it will be a close affair. In fact I think it'll be much like it was at WHL last year with us absolutely hammering them possession wise and Arsenal happy to soak it all up and play on the break.

Lloris

Walker Fazio Vertonghen Rose
Mason Bentaleb

Lamela Dembele Eriksen
Kane

subs: Vorm, Dier, Nobby, Chadli, Stambouli, Paulinho, Davies

I think we will win this providing we can press high and hunt the ball in packs like last week. The movement between that front four is also critical, as long as they continue to interchange and work hard, we will be fine. Lamela to smack a corker BTW! Admittedly it will be a different level, but I think we are every bit their equal and have more congruence and flow between our players right now. Our unit feels stronger and more consistent.

Aggression is the key. Liverpool are starting to get back the aggression with which they played with last season. I don't care about possession in this one, in fact I want them to have it and for us to knick it from them as we did at the Emirates and punish them. It will be a fascinating tactical battle

A win would be so big for us. Especially with the early kick off meaning a we would see us go fourth.

A draw isn't the worst result and I'd take it if offered. But a loss I would absolutely HATE. Those clams would go about 5 points clear and top four slips from our grasp

Mind the Gap!!!!

Would be ecstatic with a win. Of course! I only mildly dislike wham or chelsea, pool really don't bother me. But I've grown up living in north london, I know more scum supporters than Spurs, so without fail I always want the scum to lose. Beating them at WHL or at the effemirates sends me into joyful hysteria and leaves me a Zen-like afterglow! Their whole history stinks, and their band wagon younger supporters have no idea. I don't mind the older scum fans. 40 year old range. But the typical glorying hunting types who jumped on board around the Henry era deserve to be cut down!

Cut them down Poch will. I am not too hopefully we will beat them on Saturday. Likewise I'd take a draw if offered. But longer term, their transfer policy is a mess, and with Poch maybe just maybe we can start to get the upper hand. Many think Wenger is holding them back. But without him I think they'd be worse off. Mercifully we have some direction and promise again. We can compete and taken them on - with home grown talent. We've won the moral victory, now lets get the 3 points - aka nirvana.

Hi Steff, optimistic as always - Good to see!!

Can you break down the reasons why you say the bolded bit in terms of gameplay and tactics or from how you have seen both teams play recently?
Tbf to them they are on a great run and since they dropped that clown Sczeszny after NYD they haven't conceded a goal...whilst we rarely keep clean sheets and offer up amny goal opportunities to the opposition.

First off, they only have clean sheets since Jan 1...before they concessions were still regular. I'd say a settled defense has been their mainstay. As for my confidence, I don't watch them quite enough to give a detailed breakdown of their system right now, what I will do is address our cohesion, growing confidence and congruence as being very encouraging. I think we are starting to click, and our system of play (when it clicks) will be very difficult for the majority to handle. I still think Mertesacker and Conehead can be caught flat, and I fully expect our front four's movement to leave some holes to exploit. It will come (as ever) to speed of that first ball forwards when the movement is at it's earliest point. If we release fast we will win.

Aggression is the key. Liverpool are starting to get back the aggression with which they played with last season. I don't care about possession in this one, in fact I want them to have it and for us to knick it from them as we did at the Emirates and punish them. It will be a fascinating tactical battle

Agree with this, and to add further to my comments above, I have been very encouraged by how we play without the ball in recent games. Even when we have had a blip, we manage to grit out and come back to deliver a knock-out punch.

First off, they only have clean sheets since Jan 1...before they concessions were still regular. I'd say a settled defense has been their mainstay. As for my confidence, I don't watch them quite enough to give a detailed breakdown of their system right now, what I will do is address our cohesion, growing confidence and congruence as being very encouraging. I think we are starting to click, and our system of play (when it clicks) will be very difficult for the majority to handle. I still think Mertesacker and Conehead can be caught flat, and I fully expect our front four's movement to leave some holes to exploit. It will come (as ever) to speed of that first ball forwards when the movement is at it's earliest point. If we release fast we will win.

Hmm...you certainly make some fair points. Let hope this plays out on Saturday lunchtime.
COYS

Interesting that there hasn't been a peep yet from either camp. Intense concentration??

Either way, I hope I don't hear any one of our players come out with the usual "our squad better", "we've closed the gap" statement as usual.

Please, PLEASE STFU lads and continue concentrating on how to beat these clams!!

For me the team is a no brainer and it's all about propel who have impacted the games this season

.....................................Hugo (simply the best)

Walker ............... Fazio..............Verts ...... Rose (as we will have plenty of ball)

.....................Bentelab .................Mason.... .......

................................Dembele .......................

........Chadli..................................eriksen

.................................Kane

I fully expect the who 6 in front of defence to interchange a lot but Bentelab to be the anchor
Mason will be trying to pull strings with passing. Dembele will use his physical side to maintain possession. Eriksen will be all I've the place causing them problems (like he did vs Chelsea). Chadli will be on the periphery but can always pop up with a goal and Kane will defend and attack from the front like he has done

I've gone for player show have done it in the big games this season not just against Burnley or Sheffield United

Bentaleb and Stambouli to start in the deep midfield for me, Dembele to retain his position at #10. I don't think Eriksen has looked his best out on the left, but if we end up chasing the game, we can switch him in to #10 with Chadli coming on for someone.

I find it interesting that some want Mason out.

For me he is the one who tries that difficult pass from midfielder which is where games are won and lost now (plus of course he works bloody hard to win tackles and battles over the pitch)

Stambouli still needs more games for me to prove himself which is why I
Left him out

Similarly Lamella has shown the odd game that he can be something but not against top opposition yet

Mason for example did it away at arsenal in his first start in the league

Bentelab did it against Chelsea where he along with Dembele were exceptional (once Demeble worked out his job)

Chadli has made scoring a habit which is what we need

For me the team is a no brainer and it's all about propel who have impacted the games this season

.....................................Hugo (simply the best)

Walker ............... Fazio..............Verts ...... Rose (as we will have plenty of ball)

.....................Bentelab .................Mason.... .......

................................Dembele .......................

........Chadli..................................eriksen

.................................Kane

I fully expect the who 6 in front of defence to interchange a lot but Bentelab to be the anchor
Mason will be trying to pull strings with passing. Dembele will use his physical side to maintain possession. Eriksen will be all I've the place causing them problems (like he did vs Chel53a). Chadli will be on the periphery but can always pop up with a goal and Kane will defend and attack from the front like he has done

I've gone for player show have done it in the big games this season not just against Burnley or Sheffield United

I agree with this, as well. I think my only real questions are whether he will go with Chadli or Lamela and if Bentaleb is fit and ready to play. Chadli provides more of a goal threat, but Lamela is so integral to our pressing game, and I could see his energy being preferred for the first 60 minutes, then Chadli coming on against tired legs. That said, Chadli has proven that he deserves to start big games, so I'd be happy with either. If Bentaleb isn't physically/mentally ready to go, Stambouli's a pretty clear backup option.

This is a really great challenge, as they are in good form, but I'm really hopeful that we acquit ourselves well. COYS

Coquelin said:
It's a massive game for the club and the fans. I think everyone is looking forward to it. The Emirates Marketing Project match was a big one, and this one has got a special something about it.

Even at youth level, we got a lot of stick from their fans and the atmosphere was really good. It just makes you want to do even better for your team and win the game.

When you play for Arsenal against Tottenham, it's not about just playing your game, it's about winning. You have to win it. For the fans and the team it's a big game and it's one we want to win.

Mertesacker said:
Next week we have a very important away game. We are very close to each other in the league, are two London rivals.

Last season we did quite well at White Hart Lane, so we will try to repeat that. Now they have a new manager, there has been a change in the squad. It will be a good game, with an early kick off, so we need to be fresh.

We suffered a lot at times with injuries, but also with results. We want a very deep squad, and we look much better now. We have that competition in our team and have an addition with a centre-back [Paulista] now, so I think we have a deep and good squad at the moment.

Back