• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v Wolves

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So with Llorente goodness knows where, Moura was the only available offensive option, and people are surprised when we no longer look like a team capable of competing for the title

We were never competing for the title this year.

Maintaining CL status to see us into the new stadium surely is the aim.

We’re still over achieving with Levy and Poch at the helm; out performing many better financed rivals.

One loss doesn’t change any of this.

Wolves are a decent team who have beaten some good sides this season.

Even so. We should be beating them at Wembley. We have a better team and higher aspirations. Not acceptable to lose against a team, just because they can beat other teams.

My 2 years and 9 month old just asked ‘why are you sad daddy’?

Told him football had finished and we lost.

He said ‘did Harry play daddy?’

I’m glad the first words I taught him were Harry Kane. :)

My 2 years and 9 month old just asked ‘why are you sad daddy’?

Told him football had finished and we lost.

He said ‘did Harry play daddy?’

I’m glad the first words I taught him were Harry Kane. :)

Did you tell him the truth, the today the answer was no.

@NaijaSpurs Disagree, we have quite a substantial injury list and adding wing backs who are known attacking threats is not unusual

Add our level of injuries to our rivals and see what they can do from the bench to alter games - having Moura Rose and KWP available offers plenty of options to change things from the bench

That central midfield spot was one every single person wanted addressed in the summer, except Levy and some scattered believers in miracles who thought it was good as it was.

To say Winks, Sissoko and Eriksen were the players who f*cked us is to also acknowledge that we have no replacements for them, which was also known in the summer. Sissoko wasn't even in the discussion in the summer - that's how good a job Poch has done with what he's been handed. But we knew Wanyama was permanently crocked. We knew Dembele was permanently crocked, even more so than Wanyama. And we knew we would have the usual slew of injuries that we get every season.

All of it has turned out exactly as could be expected when you have record-breaking transfer windows like the one we had. No, it's actually gone better than expected because Poch, by some miracle, has actually turned Sissoko into a good player. But it is still something we could all see coming if we didn't reinforce that area - well, except for our owners, anyway. Doubt they care.

Dembele was expected to play more games, he is out with an ankle injury not the hip and foot complaints that were bothering him. Dier, obviously was expected to play more games. We had Skipp and Amos we didn’t want to block a pathway for and Dembele didn’t leave. I would say part of our continued consistency is maintaining that squad harmony where everyone feels they have a place and no one feels like dead weight.

I think it’s a trade off we have made - squad harmony and consistency and risking a day like today. But to have all of Dembele, Dier and Wanyama (and Amos) out at the same time is just hard luck. I would also argue that it was as much Poch’s decision to make no signing in midfield if a player didn’t leave as it was Levy’s - because we know Levy has track record of signing a player if he thinks it’s a good deal, E.g. Carrick and Jenas.

Im not sure we tried to play the game out we were just second best on the day

I thought that we matched them in the first half but sat back in the second. Wolves certainly came at us with pace but we were coping with it reasonably well until the equaliser.

Even so. We should be beating them at Wembley. We have a better team and higher aspirations. Not acceptable to lose against a team, just because they can beat other teams.

But then what’s the point of the competition?

If all teams beat the teams they “should” beat then the PL can just publish the final league table in August and we can all go off and do something else instead.

They’re humans, luck and chance and good and bad decisions play a part.

If we beat Cardiff and our Christmas form is WWWLW, is that still unacceptable, or is that top 2/3 form?

Leicester only used 9 players in total the season they won the league.
That’s lovely, but they didn’t also have League Cup semi and Champions League to contend with. It’s different when you’re a top 4 team trying to compete in all competitions....

We were never competing for the title this year.

Maintaining CL status to see us into the new stadium surely is the aim.

We’re still over achieving with Levy and Poch at the helm; out performing many better financed rivals.

One loss doesn’t change any of this.

It does not. Levy was never interested in competing for the title this year - doubt he's interested in doing it at all, tbh. As was mentioned before, I don't think he expected finding someone as good as Poch, and trying to weasel out of backing him has been amusing (if depressing) to watch. All ENIC want is to finish the stadium, sell up and leave - it's up to the next schmuck to do anything substantively ambitious on the pitch.

It was true in 2012 with Saha and Nelsen, and it remained true all the way through the summer transfer window of 2018 - it would take a miracle for it to change now.

All we can hope for is that Poch becomes positively superhuman and overcomes that structural limitation. He's managed it for periods, but it's surely impossible to expect it for an entire season.

I thought that we matched them in the first half but sat back in the second. Wolves certainly came at us with pace but we were coping with it reasonably well until the equaliser.

I don’t think the sitting back was intentional, we recovered the ball after a Wolves attack and had no idea what to do with it. Lost it over and over again and had to deal with Wolves again.

A really bad day at the office and I’m not sure any tactical switch could have changed much. We were screwed injury wise and I think even when we were ahead it was looking like one of our worst performances of the season. The collective inspiration just wasn’t there.

Back