• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt tottenham v tromso

:ross:

Believe it or not, 'tis work!!!!! I'll PM if you're interested…

Sounds intriguing.!

I like you Steff for your positivity and will miss your upbeat posts - even if I think they sometimes border on the delusional ;)

Hopefully, by the time you get back we will be top of the League. How's that for positivity from me!

Anyhow, fare thee well and GHod speed.

Sounds intriguing.!

I like you Steff for your positivity and will miss your upbeat posts - even if I think they sometimes border on the delusional ;)

Hopefully, by the time you get back we will be top of the League. How's that for positivity from me!

Anyhow, fare thee well and GHod speed.

Thanks mate.

I know we all get huffy and disagree with each other from time to time (me principally among them!!!!), but for the most part, everyone here always finds a way back around to being online buddies which is how it should be.

Let's hope…sadly, given that I'm only gone for 7 days, the liklihood is that it will be much of muchness when I'm back!!!!!

Cheers mate, and best to you too!

What I cannot figure out, is how on earth it's happening like this? On paper, Sandro and Paulinho should be dynamic. Quick pass out, Sandro from deep to either the moving Paulinho or one of our wide players/overlapping FBs, Soldado moving quickly to channels for that quick, first time slider…it looks so easy on paper, but interestingly, Paulinho doesn't seem able to hit the spaces he undoubtably could. And that, I suppose, is the problem with slow build-up. People get back in position and stultify any advantages. Personally, I think Andros overplays sometimes and I think we need to play that second or third pass going forward much much quicker. Again, I think Ade in the side would be very helpful right now...

I'm not being funny mate but we're trying to play this slow, possession based football and it's clear as day Paulinho doesn't suit it one bit. I think he would have been pretty effective in our 11/12 team playing alongside Luka. He would not need to get on the ball and simply make forward runs with the occasional tracking back...box to box like. In this system he sucks donkey balls and will continue to suck donkey balls for as long we stick to it.

Down there? LOL, very very limited everything. Satellite on research stations but no wifi, and to be fair, I will be absolutely rooted to the thousands of penguins I look forward to seeing, as well as the other stuff going on down there…put it this way. i won't be updating my Facebook until we're back in Punta Arenas en route home!

Did you apply last year to that ad for people to work down there? Or is pangiun watching in your field of expertise? I always had you down as being in the music business for some reason... unless your making a penguin album.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk 4

A wins a win in the Europa League.

Personally I think Dembele has earnt a place against Man Utd and should be partnering Sandro, especially considering his two performances for us against them last year and his performance against them with Fulham at the beginning of last season too. Plus the best central midfield partnership that we have seen since August 2012 is Sandro and Dembele. I'd also have Lennon on the right and Sigurdsson on the left with Lamela behind Soldado.

Think Holtby will play ahead of Sig....

At least we won, that's all that matters. I won't bother commenting on how we did it against one of the absolute worst football teams I've seen this year. We won, let's hope that means something going into Sunday. :)

At least we won, that's all that matters. I won't bother commenting on how we did it against one of the absolute worst football teams I've seen this year. We won, let's hope that means something going into Sunday. :)

It actually didnt matter. Anzhi drew with Sheriff. We could have lost 10-0 tonight and we still would have won the group

I'm not being funny mate but we're trying to play this slow, possession based football and it's clear as day Paulinho doesn't suit it one bit. I think he would have been pretty effective in our 11/12 team playing alongside Luka. He would not need to get on the ball and simply make forward runs with the occasional tracking back...box to box like. In this system he sucks donkey balls and will continue to suck donkey balls for as long we stick to it.

I have to say (sadly) based on the ever-unraveling evidence, it is really hard to deny you're right. He needs to adapt somewhat, which then renders what his greatest attributes are to be, well, pointless. Here's hoping there's a solution that I cannot see…

EDIT: I think I keep on hoping that AVB I going to get that one player who will tick it over/allow us to move the ball faster. But it's true, not entertaining right now at all, and only my own personal preference for patience, plus the belief that there is more to come, is keeping me on the positive...

I have to say (sadly) based on the ever-unraveling evidence, it is really hard to deny you're right. He needs to adapt somewhat, which then renders what his greatest attributes are to be, well, pointless. Here's hoping there's a solution that I cannot see...

Steff why do you think AVB should get to the end of the season? I'm concerned about the effect on the players' morale if he keeps up this playing system especially Soldado.

We are all Spurs fans and want to see the club succeed playing attractive entertaining football. We just differ on how we think this can best be achieved. No harm in that, it makes for a lively forum. It would be so TURGID if we all agreed on everything all the time ;)

Steff why do you think AVB should get to the end of the season? I'm concerned about the effect on the players' morale if he keeps up this playing system especially Soldado.

It's a personal preference based on my own feeling about time, chances and showing some tiny amount of long-term vision at the very least. But I did also say mate that IF he has lost the dressing room, or loses it, then it's over. So if your fears are proven correct in the coming week(s) then it will make any opinion/hope I have moot as he will have to go because the dysfunction will be too massive.

It's a personal preference based on my own feeling about time, chances and showing some tiny amount of long-term vision at the very least. But I did also say mate that IF he has lost the dressing room, or loses it, then it's over. So if your fears are proven correct in the coming week(s) then it will make any opinion/hope I have moot as he will have to go because the dysfunction will be too massive.

Ok mate I wish I had your optimism re long term vision I would love for us to have a manager we could all really believe in rather than the divisive opinions that have been on here for our last 2 managers.- funny I thought Ramos was that one after the CC in 2008. Any way Good luck in at South Pole sir, may not agree with everything you post (especially over AVB) but always a lively read and one of the best and fairest posters on the board.

Last edited:

What realm are you living in?

No, but we question how he still hasnt fixed the problem when we attack. We dont support our forward and we dont attack down the flanks

You are right, we've this group of high flying teams, proud moment for the club. Why Norwegian 2nd division giants - Tromso would strike fear in any EL team. Anzhi who are beating everyone easily in the race for taking last place in Russia are another potential EL winner and lets not forget any team in Moldova is Champions League material in my book...

Surely you realise the 100% record is against minnows who wouldn't make it in league 2?

Shush silly domestic english games dont count to The Portugeezer

You will all eat humble pie when we start winning this Sunday. AVB will prove the doubters wrong, mark my words.

Mystic_Meg__the_wor_384367a.jpg

Attachments

• Mystic_Meg__the_wor_384367a.jpg
    Mystic_Meg__the_wor_384367a.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 3
Ok mate I wish I had your optimism re long term vision I would love for us to have a manager we could all really believe in rather than the divisive opinions that have been on here for our last 2 managers.- funny I thought Ramos was that one after the CC in 2008. Any way Good luck in at South Pole sir, may not agree with everything you post (especially over AVB) but always a lively read and one of the best and fairest posters on the board.

Back atcha my friend on the last bit…as for the first bit, that's just how I am I suppose…sometimes to my naive detriment in fairness! And yes! I agree. A common cause manager. We had one for a bit in Harry, we really did, but what I never seem able to get across is that it was his lack of full commitment to the job for those final two years which ended up breaking my heart. I GENUINELY thought we were going to win the league in his last season…seriously mate, he broke my heart...

It was nice to get back into winning mood. Wish we won big but it was important that we won to get back our confidence. After the debacle against ManCity, was worried we might be pulled into a long winless run. But atleast we can say we have maintain our form in the Cup matches. it was good to keep a clean sheet. Tromso were shyte but happy that we didn't concede to them.

Really disappointed with Soldado for not scoring. Thought he would use this chance to get a goal or two but he was hardly in the match. He didn't get good service from the midfield but he didn't work hard either. It makes you wonder if Soldado will ever shows his worth to us. Wish Lamela had started as he didn't have enough time to show his worth.

Our lack of creativity from midfield is really worrying. We should have created more chances against a shyte team like Tromso. Wish players like Dembele and Townsend create more chances for out attacks. But credit to Dembele for scoring for once ! Hope that wll encourage him to score more !

It was nice to get another clean sheet in Cup matches, despite Friedel being in goal. Atleast this will encourage Friedel to aim for more clean sheets. Ofcourse, Tromso's attacks were shyte and hardly troubled us.Too bad our first goal was an own goal. Wish Chiriches had scored as that would have made him hungry to score more.

Nice to keep our winning run in the EL. Hope we will go all the way to win it !

Back