• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt tottenham v tromso

Broke my thumb at the 50th minute mark, incredible pain, walked into the living room to see the score and take it out on Spurs "SCORE FFS!!!! Aaaargh thumb!!!"

Jeez it really is surprisingly painful, whiskey trying to help

How the hell did you do that Sir?

You are right, we've this group of high flying teams, proud moment for the club. Why Norwegian 2nd division giants - Tromso would strike fear in any EL team. Anzhi who are beating everyone easily in the race for taking last place in Russia are another potential EL winner and lets not forget any team in Moldova is Champions League material in my book...

Excellent post.

We're slow.

Very sloooooow.

Boringly, and ineffectually, sssssssslllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

4-2-3-1 will never work with the players that started today. We looked good for a short period when we scored, but Holtby needs to stop running around to get involved like he's Robbie Keane or something and somebody please tell Townsend he has team mates. So many good opportunities wasted because he's always trying to take someone on before even considering other options. Chadli much of the same.

Anyway, for a few minutes there we upped the pace on occasion and movement and passing was good. We really miss that one player that can dictate our play, make the decision to attack that everyone seems to be waiting for.

4-2-3-1 will never work with the players that started today. We looked good for a short period when we scored, but Holtby needs to stop running around to get involved like he's Robbie Keane or something and somebody please tell Townsend he has team mates. So many good opportunities wasted because he's always trying to take someone on before even considering other options. Chadli much of the same.

Anyway, for a few minutes there we upped the pace on occasion and movement and passing was good. We really miss that one player that can dictate our play, make the decision to attack that everyone seems to be waiting for.

Good post...

What formation do you suggest?

AVB should suggest to Andros that he plays two or three touch around the edge of the box. That'll stop him jinking inside everytime.

You are right, we've this group of high flying teams, proud moment for the club. Why Norwegian 2nd division giants - Tromso would strike fear in any EL team. Anzhi who are beating everyone easily in the race for taking last place in Russia are another potential EL winner and lets not forget any team in Moldova is Champions League material in my book...

:ross:

Sorry I dont believe that.

Robbie leading the line
Townsend on the left getting to the byline putting in crosses
Chadli on the right doing the same as above
Siggy supporting Robbie in a 10 role

Sorry I dont believe that.

Robbie leading the line
Townsend on the left getting to the byline putting in crosses
Chadli on the right doing the same as above
Siggy supporting Robbie in a 10 role

We're talking a lot of work to get both of Townsend and Chadli to be effective players and Sigurdsson doesn't work as a #10 with the two CM sitting deep.

I'd suggest different players as the 3.

Or play 4-3-3, get the two wide players in the front 3 to play more centrally. Neither of Sigurdsson and Chadli are any good in the 'hole'.

but AVB has made it clear that 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 are all the same formation so in his mind we're currently playing 4-3-3 surely?

What formation do you suggest?

Hope you don't mind me answering here King as it's an interesting discussion…

Personally, I think the formation can work right now but the personnel will need tweaking. Starting with Ade on the left of that supporting 3, essentially allowing him to be a (LOL) 'inverted winger' on paper but in reality a supporting striker who can hold up, and feed in, others, including Soldado, not to mention fashion opportunities for himself. Now, whether AVB has made up with him remains in serious doubt (I hope the sub appearance was at his behest and not dictated from somewhere)…Lennon for Townsend on Sunday for me, simply because he always turns up against Evra…Sandro and Dembele should start on pure form, but personally I would want to see what I have in terms of character with Paulinho; he has been poor for a few games (and I love him as a player) but I need to know who he is. A watershed moment in his Spurs career for me personally, he needs to show up and show up big-style…

But really, Ade is the key right now. If Kane was fit, I'd even give him the shot if there's still politics regarding Ade (a shame though as he is wonderful footballer as I know you agree)...

Wont those problem be the same whatever formation we use? We play with no tempo and have no one to dictate play from the middle.

but AVB has made it clear that 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 are all the same formation so in his mind we're currently playing 4-3-3 surely?

4-2-3-1 can be written out as 4-3-3, but to me a 4-3-3 contains one holding midfielder who drops in between the CBs, the other two are attacking players.

Wont those problem be the same whatever formation we use? We play with no tempo and have no one to dictate play from the middle.

What I cannot figure out, is how on earth it's happening like this? On paper, Sandro and Paulinho should be dynamic. Quick pass out, Sandro from deep to either the moving Paulinho or one of our wide players/overlapping FBs, Soldado moving quickly to channels for that quick, first time slider…it looks so easy on paper, but interestingly, Paulinho doesn't seem able to hit the spaces he undoubtably could. And that, I suppose, is the problem with slow build-up. People get back in position and stultify any advantages. Personally, I think Andros overplays sometimes and I think we need to play that second or third pass going forward much much quicker. Again, I think Ade in the side would be very helpful right now...

Back