• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT-Tottenham v QPR******

Just hope players come out in 2nd half knowing what they are meant to do. Hope AVB is not over complicating it because some of them seem clueless. Club has aura of believing it is smarter than it is. Probably why HR was ousted, and why Levy continues to conduct transfer windows the way he does.

I used to be firmly a Levy man myself, I had every confidence that he wouldn't hold us back. However I feel that it seems that he decides who we go for, rather than the manager. Vertonghen, Sigurdsson and Dembele were all targets that had been identified before AVB and even during Redknapp's reign. We need to get players who fit in with AVBs footballing ideologys.

I agree. The whole world could see that we didnt have a playmaker and had to have one. The signings make no sense.

I think Bale at left back is a good option to have. But the problem is it's a good option to have when your midfield is bossing the game and your full backs are getting forward a lot (like we did last year). Right now we just aren't keeping the ball and also Dempsey is not a wide player IMO. What's ironic is that Pienaar is tailor made for this system (and not 4-4-x that HR had us playing) and we got rid of him :lol:

We can still turn this around this match and up until Xmas. But it's going to take a lot of balls from AVB because IMO it will mean basically not playing any of his new signings with the exception of Verts and maybe Lloris. Our strongest team if everyone is fit IMO is :

-------------Friedel or Lloris-----------
Walker---Dawson---Verts------Ekotto
Lennon---Hudd----Parker-----Bale
-----------Ade------Defoe--------

i like that, but id have Dembele instead of Thudd even though im a fan of Thudd

Dembele has been class. Problem is that Siggy and Dempsey have been absolutely awful. Means that we're effectively playing with 9 or 10 men....and to htat we have Defoe who adds nothing in open play (whereas Ade was at least a target) and we're bound to struggle

Agree. Dempsey is not a bad player, but just seems unsure right now. Ensuring he knows what he is meant to be doing is up to the manager. Siggy, well not even worth commenting on. Done nothing this season so far.

I think Bale at left back is a good option to have. But the problem is it's a good option to have when your midfield is bossing the game and your full backs are getting forward a lot (like we did last year). Right now we just aren't keeping the ball and also Dempsey is not a wide player IMO. What's ironic is that Pienaar is tailor made for this system (and not 4-4-x that HR had us playing) and we got rid of him :lol:

We can still turn this around this match and up until Xmas. But it's going to take a lot of balls from AVB because IMO it will mean basically not playing any of his new signings with the exception of Verts and maybe Lloris. Our strongest team if everyone is fit IMO is :

-------------Friedel or Lloris-----------
Walker---Dawson---Verts------Ekotto
Lennon---Hudd----Parker-----Bale
-----------Ade------Defoe--------
Hard to argue greatly with that line up. However, it just reminds me that we are now effectively last years team, stripped of King, Modric and VdV!
Depressing :-(

Remarkable effort by QPR so far, they press extremely well forcing us to make an unsual amount of mistakes. We seriously lack in the final third, and we sorely miss a midfielder capable of turning repossession into attack. We have given them ample time to reorganize when we have gotten the ball back, which is the direct opposite of last season. It's a little bit frightening that Modric was that instrumental in having our midfield tick, and how good he made others look. Got to say that Friedel looks very sharp though, I reckon AvB just has to bench him rather than waiting for him to feck up if Lloris is to start in the near future. Very solid by the aging man.

We really have to up our passing if we are to get anything out of this match. But it's very doable.

Perhaps AVB is now realising that Siggy is adding nothing to our performances and will drop him next week

Back