• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Everton ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
our CBs look worse because they face 22 shots against brick like Saudi Sportswashing Machine because of our tactics. if we played modern football it wouldn't be an issue.

are any of our defenders worse than West Hams? Or is it that West Ham have a proper process of play and therefore, don't have their defenders under constant attack.
Yeah you’re right, Dier and Sanchez were great CBs before Mourinho came along and Toby was showing no signs that he was no longer the player he once was - top clubs will be queueing up for all our CBs if they are on the market. Of course it’s Mourinhos fault, the guy well known for building awful defences....

It's so frustrating as win our next three matches and we could end the season on a relative high (and a cup).

I just want to see the players give their all while CL is still mathematically possible, but expecting a lethargic jog round before a last 10 minute panic.

Last edited:
Not having that, you really believe we only need to replace the CB,s.

Agreed. Unless and until we have a strong central core around which our flacks fancy dans can be accommodated, we will continue to struggle. In my view, we need a commanding goalkeeper, at least one experienced tall, fast strong, left sided CB, an aggressive powerhouses midfield ( unless PEH and Skipp can do this between them as one is not enough paired with any of our other current CMs) and a beast of a CF to do the hard yards for Kane and allow him to drop deeper. That's at least 4 new first team signings for me, plus probably a right back upgrade.

our CBs look worse because they face 22 shots against brick like Saudi Sportswashing Machine because of our tactics. if we played modern football it wouldn't be an issue.

are any of our defenders worse than West Hams? Or is it that West Ham have a proper process of play and therefore, don't have their defenders under constant attack.

I agree with you that our tactics make no sense considering our CBs are our weak spot. Its absurd that we actively decide to take an approach which puts our weakest players under pressure

That said, I still maintain that if we replace the CBs and manager we're a top 2/3 team (with emphasis on team given that some of the back-ups are poor)

It's so frustrating as win our next two matches and we could end the season on a relative high (and a cup).

I just want to see the players give their all while CL is still mathematically possible, but expecting a lethargic jog round before a last 10 minute panic.

I've had a brick week in work so gonna settle down with a few beers (OK a bottle of rose wine) and try to enjoy this. I've no idea why because I know it's going to pan out exactly like you've said in your last paragraph.

Yeah you’re right, Dier and Sanchez were great CBs before Mourinho came along and Toby was showing no signs that he was no longer the player he once was - top clubs will be queueing up for all our CBs if they are on the market. Of course it’s Mourinhos fault, the guy well known for building awful defences....

think you're missing the point on purpose. Are our defenders the reason we faced 22 shots against Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

Are our defenders the reason Spurs had zero shots before the 40th minute against West Ham?

Are our defenders the reason that by February, a PL team had 6 touches or fewer in the box on 12 occasions. Tottenham accounted for 25% of those teams?

Are our defenders the reason that against Chelsea (at home), we had our first shot on goal in the 74th minute?

Are our defenders the reason that against Liverpool our last shot on goal was the 48th minute?

I could go on by the way. The players need improvement, but it's not the terrible team that Jose has sold to you publicly. It's more than capable to finish above West Ham like i said. The difference is, one manager is maximising the squads ability whilst the other is telling you it isnt' good enough.

The management and philosophy of the team is broken by a manager who was once a great, but it's ok to accept that like most, the game has moved past him. Aside from Ferguson, it's happened to every manager.

OMG This is gonna be a struggle to watch. Zero creativity in that lineup. F**k it, I'll still watch, Maybe we can sneak one from a corner or two

Anyone care to guess what his rationale for that selection is?

Calvert Lewin is out after all...its not like we should expect to be under the cosh

Back