• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

The point is, having that extra forward might have worked if we'd have scored that goal. You loose something in one area of the pitch and gain in another.

But we we'nt able to control the game and possession. Midfield 4 were not able to dictate play and we were pushed back. So in hindsight 3 in the middle might have been better.

we'Ve watched sherwoods teams over and over and over again. we've been screaming for central midfielders in central midfield over and over and over again.

we've looked a complete rag tag for ever. we see it every week before, during and after games. it is not hindsight: its common fking sense!

we'Ve watched sherwoods teams over and over and over again. we've been screaming for central midfielders in central midfield over and over and over again.

we've looked a complete rag tag for ever. we see it every week before, during and after games. it is not hindsight: its common fking sense!

Paulinho and Sigi are not CMs? What is it they lack? I think 3 in the middle would have been tighter, but don't see what the play at CM in CM ******** is about. They are all capable CMs on paper.

Just watched that "red card" foul in slo-mo during halftime. Tell you what, it's getting harder and harder to enjoy football now that it's being played almost exclusively by cheats. Kaboul's shoulder touches against Downing, no question, but watch Downing's feet... as soon as he feels Kaboul close to him he just collapses like he's been shot. Are professional footballers just total weaklings maybe? Because when I watch a rugby match I see men staying on their feet (and struggling hard to do so) despite getting clattered about 20 times harder than Downing was touched by Kaboul. I know football isn't rugby, but it *is* a contact sport (or leastways it used to be) and when grown men collapse on the ground because someone touches their shoulder then they are either cheats or pathetic weakling children.

Most likely, both.

Genuinely angry right now - and it's not just Downing. Spurs players do it all the time too. It's bloody pathetic and it's driving me away from football.

You just have to accept it as part of the modern football game.

I would have subbed one or both of Ade and Pauly at halftime to make a point.

I thought that as well. But Tim out paulinhio back in the team as soon as he complained. And he won't want to upset Ade as that is the big plus point from his reign.

Puff.

Paulinho and Sigi are not CMs? What is it they lack? I think 3 in the middle would have been tighter, but don't see what the play at CM in CM ******** is about. They are all capable CMs on paper.

You really think those 2 are cms to be played in a 4-4-2?

I would have subbed one or both of Ade and Pauly at halftime to make a point.

He will never sub Ade because that's his start pupil and subbing Invisibilinho would mean there's more chance sandro gets more minutes on the pitch so that's a no go. He might make a sub eventually but probably after they get a third.

funny how stoke absolutely hammered us with a man less last week. funny how we are now sinking without a trace against west ham in the same situation.

but we have the best manager in the history of tottenham hotspur football club. i cant work it out :-k

The team and manager are a complete disgrace. Its all we deserve for firstly putting Sherwood in charge, and then keeping him till the end of the season.

Making West Ham look like world beaters. You could'nt make it up............but of course, never underestimate new ways we constantly find to humiliate ourselves.

Apart from Hugo and Eriksen, the rest are a complete shower of ****. Ade has been on the beach for weeks.

Yep a team that not only is in the top flight but in there time has finished 9 times out of ten in the top 6, 4th twice, a champions league quarter final. Yet every manager we've had has made them first choice. Basically, mate, your championship comment is pretty embarrassing. They may be playing **** today and recently but they're quite clearly not championship. You just mug yourself off with comments like that.

What are you talking about? **** managers making **** players first choice because there is nobody else?

Spending 100m and still playing with Dawson and Lennon!?! GET RID!

Someone like Van Gaal would tell them to **** off. Nobody would buy them off us anyway.

siggi is not a cm. chadli is not a cm. i cant explain it in any other way.

if you think todays line up was a good one fair enough. i just think you'd be in a minority of 1% (you and sherwood).

I don't think Sigurdsson was ever bought to play in a two-man midfield. In that sense, he isn't a CM: unlike in 3-man systems where everyone has a defined role of sorts (Tackling, pressing mid, box-to-box midfielder and attacking midfielder), CMs in a 4-4-2 have to be all-rounders, able to tackle, pass, shoot and dribble. Siggy can pass and shoot: he can't tackle, he can't dribble and he certainly can't track his runners from midfield because he's never had to do that before. Ergo, we shouldn't be playing him there. Play Bentaleb alongside Paulinho, or Sandro. Why Siggy?

What are you talking about? **** managers making **** players first choice because there is nobody else?

Spending 100m and still playing with Dawson and Lennon!?! GET RID!

Someone like Van Gaal would tell them to **** off. Nobody would buy them off us anyway.
Let's be honest here, we've spent 100m on crap! What's happened to Lamela? Has he gone back home?

Last edited:
Back