• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs West Bromwich Albion

Good performance but proves nothing other than adds weight to the “Spurs need Kane” narrative. Thought Aurier, Kane, Hjobjerg and Moura were very good. Sanchez still looks an accident waiting to happen. When Jose came in, I thought he’d turn Dav into a beast but he’s been even worse under Jose than he was under Poch so I’d rather see him out of the side.

I hope Mourinho looks at that and realises that having the ball helps you a lot more than letting the opposition have it. I know they’re rubbish and it’s easier to be offensive against WBA than City but we have players to play more progressively than we have been doing against the better sides.

Better today but proves nothing to me. The next week will tell a lot.

Phew.

West Brom were utterly woeful.

But the only difference in approach from us today was having one more attacking player in the side - Ndombele playing deeper allowed us to play Lamela up top, and suddenly, we had actual bodies in the final third and way to keep possession for more than 3 seconds at a time. Who would'a thunk it?

Mourinho - play this team going forward. Maybe swap out Lamela for Lo Celso if he ever returns, or Dele. Reggie for Davies, Rodon or Tangangs for Sanchez. Likewise for Lucas and Bergwijn - switch them up to keep it fresh.

But don't ever play Sissoko in that midfield again, thanks.

Good performance but proves nothing other than adds weight to the “Spurs need Kane” narrative. Thought Aurier, Kane, Hjobjerg and Moura were very good. Sanchez still looks an accident waiting to happen. When Jose came in, I thought he’d turn Dav into a hunk of burning love but he’s been even worse under Jose than he was under Poch so I’d rather see him out of the side.

I hope Mourinho looks at that and realises that having the ball helps you a lot more than letting the opposition have it. I know they’re rubbish and it’s easier to be offensive against WBA than City but we have players to play more progressively than we have been doing against the better sides.

Better today but proves nothing to me. The next week will tell a lot.
I think the game against Everton will tell a lot. I don't mind him going more defensive against City, but if he does it against Everton...

Against arsenal, wimmer tried to clear a cross to an offside arsenal player, so the offside arsenal player was no longer offside and scored.
If wimmer hadn't touched it no goal.

Even worse in my memory, it was Wimmer who scored the OG wasn’t it? But yes, through trying to defend a ball in against an offside player.

Phew.

But the only difference in approach from us today was having one more attacking player in the side - Ndombele playing deeper allowed us to play Lamela up top, and suddenly, we had actual bodies in the final third and way to keep possession for more than 3 seconds at a time. Who would'a thunk it?

Mourinho - play this team going forward. Maybe swap out Lamela for Lo Celso if he ever returns, or Dele. Reggie for Davies, Rodon or Tangangs for Sanchez. Likewise for Lucas and Bergwijn - switch them up to keep it fresh.

We need sissoko on some games
We also sometimes need him to kill games off
We don’t need him in games where we will have the ball

Even worse in my memory, it was Wimmer who scored the OG wasn’t it? But yes, through trying to defend a ball in against an offside player.

I think you could be right on o.g.
My memory is so bad I'm surprised I remember it at all.
Must have really miffed me.

We need sissoko on some games
We also sometimes need him to kill games off
We don’t need him in games where we will have the ball

Which should be the vast majority of our games. Apart from City and Liverpool, we should cede ground to no team - and starting Sissoko is the most visible, transparent indication that we are setting up to be cowards and lose.

And for City and Liverpool, would *still* rather have Ndombele. Or, in the worst case, shuffle Dier back up there because his center-back experiment has failed, imo.

But play Sissoko again, we will lose again.

4231 >>> 343

We don't use the full backs any differently between the two set ups so really we are just sacrificing an attacking player for an extra CB and we end up more in a 532 as the midfield gets over run and we are pushed back.

Phew.

The mere fact that Sissoko has been one of the first names on the teamsheet the last few years highlights the problem to me. I love his effort, his physical presence (when at his best), but he is a limited player, who restrict the way we bring the ball out from our own area, and how we turn over after regaining possession. He most definately has a role to play with us, but he should be a response to a problem, not the "first name on the sheet-guy".

If Ndombele can fill that square hole, and do the defensive business with enough dependability whilst still provide those sparks of brilliance going forward, it would be a match made in heaven to play him with "Pirlo" Højbjerg on a regular basis, and have Lo Celso, Lamela or Alli in front of them.

West Brom were so poor and I was angry the way we were playing so casually at times...
Lamela was our best player..er *milo ..lol..linked us up so well and took charge of our midfeield...

Mourinho got it right today. Kudos where it is due. With a team likely to park the bus, he left out a DM ( Sissoko/Winks) and brought in an extra attacker. He dropped the ineffective and ineffectual Bergwyn and brought in players giving us energy - Lamela and Moura. Only blot was Sanchez instead of Rodon. But he can't be perfect!

Well done today José. Now keep it up and dont revert into your defensive shell.

Well it's a much-needed win, but cant get over-excited.

Lets not forget Arsenal beat them 4-0 away and they have conceeded 5 goals four times this season

True, although at least we’ve made up 2 points on Dippers and €iteh who both could only manage to draw their home fixtures with WBA!

Back