• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs West Bromwich Albion

Daisuk

Les Medley
It's tomorrow (Sunday Feb 7th) at 12 UK time at the new Lane. Alli to smash in a hat trick and get us back on track.

Expecting another disjointed effort in attack as I'm assuming we won't have started to, you know, practice or train anything

Can't be bothered to think what the team might be as really ambivalent about this game and our results now. A win is always good as its Spurs; anything else takes us closer to the end of Jose, which would be great.

Given our disorganised attacks and no Kane to inspire us, I cant see us scoring more than 1. I'll go for a 1-1 draw and the pressure on our idiot manager increasing a notch more

Expecting another disjointed effort in attack as I'm assuming we won't have started to, you know, practice or train anything

Can't be bothered to think what the team might be as really ambivalent about this game and our results now. A win is always good as its Spurs; anything else takes us closer to the end of Jose, which would be great.

Given our disorganised attacks and no Kane to inspire us, I cant see us scoring more than 1. I'll go for a 1-1 draw and the pressure on our idiot manager increasing a notch more

I find myself in the same situation. Would never want Spurs to lose, obviously, yet recognizing that if we do, we're inevitably closer to what feels like something we're just postponing anyway. It's worrying if the rumors of unrest in the dressing room is true - and it does sound plausible - how long can you let that linger?

I find myself in the same situation. Would never want Spurs to lose, obviously, yet recognizing that if we do, we're inevitably closer to what feels like something we're just postponing anyway. It's worrying if the rumors of unrest in the dressing room is true - and it does sound plausible - how long can you let that linger?

Losing to Liverpool, Chelsea or City can happen. It rarely gets someone sacked. Losing to West Brom, arguably the worst team in the league, should really set off some alarms. If we win this, it will most likely still be a poor performance, possibly undeserved, and no good if we then proceed to get knocked out of the cup and later get spanked by City next week.

Had the Carabao final still been three weeks from now as originally intended and not in April, I'd probably still be clinging to the hope that Mourinho could somehow pull it off. Now we just need him gone, so a loss here or maybe bore draw at worst (with us showing zero attacking intent) is probably for the best. Whatever it takes for Levy and the board to do their thing.

Now we just need him gone, so a loss here or maybe bore draw at worst (with us showing zero attacking intent) is probably for the best. Whatever it takes for Levy and the board to do their thing.

Yes, agreed. We need to get to the point where we get rid of him asap so that we can re-set and build for the long-term. Its inevitable that he'll be gone, so better to bring that on asap and start afresh under someone who will be here longer-term and install some way of playing

The couple defeats which it might take to force Levy's hand could mean that a top 4 spot is more or less out of the question. Silver lining from that could be that the new guy is able to focus on the PL and have clear midweeks ahead of league games.

Perhaps a lacklustre draw or defeat tomorrow and a hammering against Everton might be enough, and then we dont lose as much ground in the league. Then caretaker for City, and new guy starts with the Europa and West Ham

I fully expect Jose to go full ‘Ardiles’, telling the team to not worry about defending and to attack like whirling dervishes on all fronts. Basically he’ll throw caution to the wind and instruct them to simply blow West Brom away with attacking flair, energy, movement, style and panache.

I expect to see Lloris in goal, with Rodon & Tangana giving a chance to form a cultured decade long central-half partnership.

Aurier and a returning Reggie will play as attacking overlapping wing-backs from the full back position.

Hojbjerg will provide his usual balance anchoring the midfield, screening the back line, and allowing the wing-backs licence to relentlessly push on.

An attacking 5 will of course be made up of Ndombele, Dele or GLC, a rejuvenated Bale, Vinicius, & Son. With no handbrake applied we’ll play on the front foot right from the first whistle. Gaps will be left at the back for West Brom to exploit of course, but it’s a no brainer trade-off that a manager of Jose’s guile and experience knows is a worthwhile trade.

Final score: West Brom 3 - 5 Tottenham Hotspur (Vinicius 2, Bale, Son, Ndombele)

Historically we struggle against WBA, especially at home but we’ll probably win one or two nil tomorrow and it will be awful to watch.

Assuming everyone is fit id go for

Lloris

Aurier Toby Joe Rodon Experience Reggie

Ndombele Hojbjerg

Moura Alli Son

Kane/Vinicius

I'd start Bale.
The narrative is starting to become a distraction and fun media story.
I wonder what Levy thinks too.

Time for Bale to show the truth.

I'd go with

--------LLoris
Aurier---Toby---Rodon---Tangana
----------Peh
------N'Dombele---Lamela
--Bergwyn/Bale---Son
-------------Vinny

Potentially Winks instead of Lamela but I think Lamela looked decent last few games and deserves a start, that at least rotates things a bit and gives us better balance.

Dr Tottenham to the rescue to save WBA. Pereira scores an early goal for the visitors. Both teams then camp in their own halves for the rest of the match. The half way line acting as an impenetrable wall, as each team kicks the ball forwards and back with no real purpose. Allardyce is hailed as a tactical genius. Mourinho blames Dele for being Dele.

--------------------Lloris---------------------
Aurier---Alders---Rodon---Davies
-----------------Hojbjerg-------------------
Bergwijn--------------------------Moura
-----------------Ndombele----------------
------------Vinicius---Son----------------

Subs: Hart, Lamela, Doherty, Winks, Bale, Sissoko, Dier

Sometimes you know a manager has run his course.
You need to suffer for a month, rip the band aid off and then rebuild.

There were games towards the end of Gooner George Graham where I wanted us to lose 4-0 so the board would sack him.

Likewise Gerry Francis.

Likewise Gross and Santini and Ramos and AVB and er... basically almost every manager probably!

So I don't really want us to win 1-0 with a scrappy header, that doesn't do us any favours either way.

We need to either go out there and play attacking football with interplay and 1-2s and movement and skill.

OR we need to get pumped 4-0 and put us out of our misery.

Re the team Please no more Bergwyn or playing a back 5.

......................Lloris......................

Aurier.........Rodon.........Dier/Toby.........Reggie if possible ( or Davies and revert to the wonky)

.........Lamela ........PEH.... NDombele

Bale.( or Moura).................Vinni............Son

Back