• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Bromwich Albion - 26/12/13: 3pm

I get your unhappy about Tim being appointed but the crap from GB and other negativity on this board about our season being over is massivley depressing!!!!![/QUOTE]

This, in what is proving to be a terribly disappointing and difficult time for our club, it dismays me that a handful of people seem more bothered about being proven correct than willing our team to do well. I find that really, really depressing.

Let's hope we can both look back at this as the trough before the peak eh?

Who knows.......

It seems sometimes on this forum like you have to pick an agenda...pick a side and stick to it and pray your not proved wrong.

I just want spurs to do well........whoever is in charge.......if we bomb this season then yes we have only ourselves to blame.

Lets just say I remember this forum in happier times.....We were all divided on AVB now we are all divided on Tim....isnt it brill

This, in what is proving to be a terribly disappointing and difficult time for our club, it dismays me that a handful of people seem more bothered about being proven correct than willing our team to do well. I find that really, really depressing.

Sorry, but just as when people complained that things looked wrong under any previous manager, that is all some people are doing now. I don't see why that now translates as 'wanting to be proved right'

Well at least we have got our Tottenham back; Sherwood following a long and distinguished line of Spurs players and managers that just can stfu before a key match...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/25/tim-sherwood-tottenham-attack-head-coach

Tim Sherwood has promised to stick to his attacking principles after being appointed as Tottenham's head coach on an 18-month contract. The 44-year-old wants to create a team in the vein of those overseen by Harry Redknapp at White Hart Lane.

Sherwood has dispensed with André Villas-Boas's preferred formation, built around one central striker, and replaced it with 4-4-2. He complained after his first game in caretaker charge ended in a Capital One Cup defeat by West Ham that his players lacked the fitness for his more high-tempo style but the approach then yielded a 3-2 victory at Southampton.

After being confirmed as Tottenham's permanent head coach, Sherwood has said he wants to shape a team instantly recognisable for an attack-minded, passing game. That, he believes, would be true to the traditions of the club.

"I think with the calibre of the players we have at Tottenham we shouldn't have a dull game," he said before the Boxing Day visit of West Bromwich Albion. "As long as they are playing in their correct areas of the field and allowed to express themselves, that's what I would say.

"I always maintain that when you come into a football club there are very few that give you a script saying: 'You need to play like this.' Swansea are a good example. Someone who goes in there cannot rip up their philosophy and say: 'I'm going to play back to front.' It's not going to happen. In an ideal world everyone wants to build an identity for their football club and say: 'Tottenham, I know are going to play like that.' Well at the moment we don't."

Sherwood wants to improve the team's ball retention and restore a style similar to that seen under Redknapp, who led the team to two top-four finishes.

"I am not trying to be Harry Redknapp but it is a simple game, though, isn't it?" he said. "If you can't pass the ball to your own team-mates then you have a serious problem because you are going to have to keep on defending. That's what we did in the first half at Southampton. But moving forward we just have to try to get the players better."

He is happy to be described as Young Harry: "That's got to be a compliment hasn't it? I wouldn't mind following his career and I wouldn't mind being a pound note behind him as well!"

Sherwood admits the attention lavished on him since Villas-Boas's dismissal has not been entirely to his liking – "I can't say I've loved it" – but he has no intention of subduing his sense of humour.

Told that some Tottenham fans were upset to find him joking in a press conference, he replied: "They can continue to be doom and gloom if they want … I can't be affected by what anyone thinks. I just have to get on with my job. I am going to do it my way; I am going to be myself.

"It's fun and I want the players to have fun and enjoy what they are doing. When they come into training it can't be a job to them. I was in the game a long time and if it turns into a chore you know it is time to bale out. I think that as a manager as well. Of course there are pressures but it either goes for you or it doesn't. What's the worst that can happen? You get the sack."

Sherwood expects to defeat West Brom. "Every game is tough in the Premier League and you have to concentrate all the time. But I just think if you do get your best players in the right areas of the field against teams like, with respect, the West Broms and Southamptons, then with the calibre of players we have, we will win the game."

Do we never learn ffs#-o

:~

Very disappointed and annoyed with this result. Really thought we could get a big win here. This is the kind of results that annoys you more than the humiliating defeats to big teams. I can understand when we get hammered by big teams like ManCity and Liverpool. But it is unacceptable when we can't beat shyte teams like WBA at home, especially since we fielded an attacking lineup. The fact WBA had more shots on target(4) than us(3)shows you how poor we were.

It looks like the "honeymoon" period is over for Sherwood, just as it was starting. I think Sherwood has to take large part of the blame as he picked the team but couldn't lift them. I thought he picked the wrong players and took too long to replace them. Lamela should have started or atleast should have come on earlier than the 75th minute. Was also amazed by our bench as we had no strikers ! Apart from Lamela, there was no one who we could call upon to win the game for us. What happened to the likes of Lennon, Defoe and Kane ?

After doing well against Southampton, was annoyed to see both Adebayor and Soldado being poor in attack. I think we saw the old Adebayor today, the lazy one. He not only played without any effort but was also to blame for WBA's goal which was deflected off him for their goal. Don't understand why Adebayor and Soldado played the whole match despite being poor. Defoe or Kane should have come on but they were not even on the bench. Sherwood better bring Defoe to compete with Adebayor in the coming matches as he only plays well when his place is at stake. Lamela did well when he came on and should have come on earlier.

It was a good freekick from Eriksen for our goal but we didn't even had time to celebrate as we conceded immediately. Wish Vertonghen will return soon as our defending has been getting worse without him. I think this match also proved we need a defensive midfielder like Sandro or Capoue. WBA simply had too many chances to score. Thought we were very lucky not to concede more than the 1 goal. I think having a defensive midfielder would have stopped WBA having too many of those goal scoring chances.

Really disappointed we didn't make use of our home advantage to beat a shyte team like WBA. It is a valuable point lost in our top 4 battle. We really need to improve our home record this season.

Spot on.

I get your unhappy about Tim being appointed but the crap from GB and other negativity on this board about our season being over is massivley depressing!!!!!

correct

very difficult times for the club but who knows some good might come out of it. We just have to give the new regime time. Its clear the players are suffering froma lack of confidence. Understandably so after the batterings weve taken this season

Find me what i have I said about TS that has been vindictive ;)

From a quick search:

If Sherwood gets this gig, we'll finish about 8th/9 th

TS eh? Our season has just gone down the pan.

We'll soon see what Sherwood is made of.

If Sherwood gets smashed at Arsenal, as I expect

Picking phrases and sound bites to cover his own ****

Total novice

Complete novice

An "up an at em" bulldog of a manager.

For starters.

Doesn't sound to me much like you are fair, open minded and willing to wait before rushing to judgement. It seems to me more like comments made by a judge who has already convicted without seeing, hearing or listening to the evidence.

From a quick search:

Total novice

Complete novice

For starters.

Doesn't sound to me much like you are fair, open minded and willing to wait before rushing to judgement. It seems to me more like comments made by a judge who has already convicted without seeing, hearing or listening to the evidence.

I am prejudiced yes; I have pre-jedged that as Sherwood is a managerial novice (this is a fact) that we will indeed go backwards and regret if not sacking AVB, then hiring him at this delicate stage of the season.

I am being as fair and as open minded if say the Prime Minister was replaced in a national crisis by somebody who hadn't even been an MP before.
Vindictive, no.

From a quick search:

Total novice

Complete novice

For starters.

=D>

I am prejudiced yes; I have pre-jedged that as Sherwood is a managerial novice (this is a fact) that we will indeed go backwards and regret if not sacking AVB, then hiring him at this delicate stage of the season.

I am being as fair and as open minded if say the Prime Minister was replaced in a national crisis by somebody who hadn't even been an MP before.
Vindictive, no.
#

Fair play to admitting you are prejudiced....I suspected as much...lol

I wouldnt mind if prime minister was replaced by someone who had not been an mp......very low opinion of them anyway...

Either way if you are prejudiced you are not ever going to look at timmy in a blanced way and judge him for what he actually does.....again I think the best thing is to try and forget AVB...we are where we are and we just have to roll with it....By all means you are entitled to spunk your views at the end of the season if we end up with nowt and in a poor league position and say 'I told you so'

I get your unhappy about Tim being appointed but the crap from GB and other negativity on this board about our season being over is massivley depressing!!!!!

This, in what is proving to be a terribly disappointing and difficult time for our club, it dismays me that a handful of people seem more bothered about being proven correct than willing our team to do well. I find that really, really depressing.[/QUOTE]

100 % agree. =D>

From a quick search:

Total novice

Complete novice

For starters.

Oh and another thing, if this is 'vindictive' it is only as 'vindictive' as you or others saying 'AVB has to go because he's clueles' or 'he's taking us backwads' or 'he can never get us to play good footy, sack him now he can never recover from x defeat'.

If you or other weren't being vindictive then neither was I . Prejuduiced yes; vindictive? No

#

Fair play to admitting you are prejudiced....I suspected as much...lol

I wouldnt mind if prime minister was replaced by someone who had not been an mp......very low opinion of them anyway...

Either way if you are prejudiced you are not ever going to look at timmy in a blanced way and judge him for what he actually does.....again I think the best thing is to try and forget AVB...we are where we are and we just have to roll with it....By all means you are entitled to spunk your views at the end of the season if we end up with nowt and in a poor league position and say 'I told you so'

Haha, tbf, I thi nk I will leave it for a while and come back after the Arsenal game.

If we have won and are playing well I will give TS the praise he deserves. Hold me to that.;)

There's a couple of people clapping the 'I don't understand why we are all so divided' post that surely didn't give AVB the time to get it right a few weeks ago?

It will always go round in circles as we keep appointing different types of managers in order to break with the type of manager the last guy was. For their to be any sort of moving forward there has to be an acknowledgement that AVB had his merits as well as Sherwood potentially having them too. It's fair enough to have the personal preference that you don't like AVB's football or an uneasyness about the club appointing a managerial novice, but we will never get anywhere by looking at it entirely in black and white. Both sides have to give something to the other.

The people calling for time and acting as the bastions of fairness for TS certainly weren't doing it a few weeks ago for AVB, and I think it's fair enough to say that. It is very rare that someone says in a debate on here, 'do you know what? You have a point there' when they previously disagreed. That needs to happen to stop the camps that develop on here.

There's a couple of people clapping the 'I don't understand why we are all so divided' post that surely didn't give AVB the time to get it right a few weeks ago?

It will always go round in circles as we keep appointing different types of managers in order to break with the type of manager the last guy was. For their to be any sort of moving forward there has to be an acknowledgement that AVB had his merits as well as Sherwood potentially having them too. It's fair enough to have the personal preference that you don't like AVB's football or an uneasyness about the club appointing a managerial novice, but we will never get anywhere by looking at it entirely in black and white. Both sides have to give something to the other.

The people calling for time and acting as the bastions of fairness for TS certainly weren't doing it a few weeks ago for AVB, and I think it's fair enough to say that. It is very rare that someone says in a debate on here, 'do you know what? You have a point there' when they previously disagreed. That needs to happen to stop the camps that develop on here.

You do have a point there BoL

You are correct in a sense, but I just feel that people are massively disappointed in how things worked out for AVB, I am certain that any true Tottenham fan wanted him to be a success. I don't think or at least I hope that no one was willing it all to go wrong and apart from Gutter boy I really would hope that no one is willing TS to fail.

I'll conclude by saying that 'we have what we have' at least until the season ends. It is never ideal changing managers mid season but it's done now. maybe be we should all take a day so so to chill and see what Sunday brings. Onwards and upwards COYS!!!!

You are correct in a sense, but I just feel that people are massively disappointed in how things worked out for AVB, I am certain that any true Tottenham fan wanted him to be a success. I don't think or at least I hope that no one was willing it all to go wrong and apart from Gutter boy I really would hope that no one is willing TS to fail.

I'll conclude by saying that 'we have what we have' at least until the season ends. It is never ideal changing managers mid season but it's done now. maybe be we should all take a day so so to chill and see what Sunday brings. Onwards and upwards COYS!!!!

I'm massively disappointed with how it worked out, and I'm pretty angry at the club for what I consider the quite amateurish treating of a manager that could have been something really special for us. But at the same time now we do have TS, I'm hoping that the fact he seems to have the ear of Levy will work in his favour and we will show more patience because of it. I also am intrigued at his tactical ideas and I think he talks sense in interviews, plus he can be quite funny and I love the confidence he exudes in the media - it makes me think he will be a winner. The lack of experience doesn't really concern me. If he's good he's good IMO.

So absolutely he needs time, and absolutely I want Spurs to do well. If people have personal distaste for TS that's fair enough - personally I find the assertion that he needs time ironic coming from him considering he contributed to AVB not getting it - but I do think we can all back him in the sense he is Spurs manager. It doesn't mean though I won't still defend AVB the man if people keep trying to compare him to someone else and use it as an 'AVB sucks, new guy good' sort of argument. Every manager, unless they are really really really cr@p, has their merits. Whether they are ultimately successful or not depends on a lot of factors. We should appreciate that fact more.

Back