• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Southampton***

Even after Son scored, I had the feeling that it was going to be 'one of those days.' Kane had a great chance to score and fluffed his lines and I think we had something like 70% possession, but only a one goal lead. We all know how those days turn out?

Carroll to me would have been better. He is far more better offensively than Mason. Defensively weaker but I dont see what defensive solidity Mason brings. He played like a frigging girly man today and has done everytime he has come on since his injury. The second goal - i was boiling when I saw his crappy efforts at blocking it.
I would like to have seen Minter, he's been impressive for the U21s recently tidying up at the back and his one-touch passing seems better than either of Mason or Carroll.

Anyway, it's still in out hands. If the wipes win, all we have to do is match their result on the last day. I watched Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Saturday, if we cannot beat them, we don't deserve to finish 2nd, it's as simple as that.

Anyway, it's still in out hands. If the wipes win, all we have to do is match their result on the last day. I watched Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Saturday, if we cannot beat them, we don't deserve to finish 2nd, it's as simple as that.
If we turn in a half hearted effort like that against Saudi Sportswashing Machine they will win.

yep

but a month ago we were saying the same about West Brom and Chelsea as well

we have fallen off a cliff, we are unrecognisable from the team that battered United, I think the players have switched off

I'm big fan of Lamela, but he really needs to add some shooting to his repertoire.

A good few times today he was running from right to left about 5-10yrds outside the box across the face of the goal with nothing else on and then lays it off.

When Bale used to do that for us the opposition defence and keeper would panic.

More a suggestion than a criticism, but it was glaring for me today.

It is, but given what we saw today and Saudi Sportswashing Machine's playing style under Rafa (counter-attacking, the same type we struggled against for the last three weeks straight), I'm not expecting too much. A draw, possibly, if we sit everyone back and defend for our lives, breaking when we can.

It's hard to blame anyone, it's just typical Spurs. We had it all set up for a nice finish today and then a stroll against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but we lost, and deservedly so, against a side that were faster, fitter, quicker to the ball and more motivated than we were. I hope we can hang on to second place, but it's probably more a case of relying on others to do us a favour, since we're just absolutely out of gas judging by today's display.

Lessons for next season; we need stronger players on the bench, for sure. The squad proved to be too thin to cross the line, and two suspensions have robbed us of a *lot* of invention and control. We need some good players brought in over the summer, and we need to learn how to manage games and not throw away points from winning positions (I think that makes 20 points dropped from winning positions this season, the most in the league, and a far cry from our resilience last season).

There's a lot to admire about how long we've lasted, but 'typical Spurs' is now at our door again, lapping at our heels. And finishing behind Arsenal would seal it.

yep

but a month ago we were saying the same about West Brom and Chelsea as well

we have fallen off a cliff, we are unrecognisable from the team that battered United, I think the players have switched off

I don't think they've switched off,i think the heavy training schedule has left them out of puff,Bielsa-style :(

I feel personally disappointed by the team today. If I stay online I would type hateful words at them. I am going offline and I am not going to watch that next game. If Arsenal overtakes Spurs - I am changing my avatar to Sol Campbell. Fvck the squad today. They were worse than poor and I wish I could tell them in person.

A packed box isn't as impervious as many would believe.

An unsighted keeper, deflections and ricochets can all happen. And rebounds from the keeper or posts give a second nibble.

Instead we seem happy to take a magical mystery tour, hoping their defence will be pulled out of position.

Grrrrrrrrrrr !

Och well - down to the river bank to put on a faux Manc accent and shout abuse at Woolwich

I don't think they've switched off,i think the heavy training schedule has left them out of puff,Bielsa-style :(

I'm not seeing signs of that, players are not going down with cramp, we're not conceding any more tell tale hold backs and trips than we were in August, channels are still being run and fb's are still overlapping

what's changed is decision making and the taking of responsibility imo

I'm not seeing signs of that, players are not going down with cramp, we're not conceding any more tell tale hold backs and trips than we were in August, channels are still being run and fb's are still overlapping

We are, however, increasingly second to the ball, and it's showing. An interesting phenomenon over the past three weeks has been a 'wall of black-and-white/blue/red-and-white shirts' that recycle possession with ease deeper and deeper in our half as we scramble to defend with increasing desperation (usually in the second half), largely due to us being second to loose balls... and there were periods of that again today. It's hard not to attribute that to physical tiredness.

Maybe, but it looked like the mental game was dictated by the physical today. They had nowhere near the energy of Monday night.

We are, however, increasingly second to the ball, and it's showing. An interesting phenomenon over the past three weeks has been a 'wall of black-and-white/blue/red-and-white shirts' that recycle possession with ease deeper and deeper in our half as we scramble to defend with increasing desperation (usually in the second half), largely due to us being second to loose balls... and there were periods of that again today. It's hard not to attribute that to physical tiredness.

I put that down to decision making as well, the reading wasn't there from the first minute today.

Woo hoo !

What a marvellous Kun .... I think that's what he's called ....

Off to 'chase for 2nd' thread

So obvious that. Haven't got what we needed to done at a crucial time yet again. Guaranteed Arse will get the win this afternoon, and we will need all three points at SJP, a game with more dropped points written all over it.

Back