• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Southampton***

pressure on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game now, and we always fold against them

still have that mental block don't we, still work for Poch to do

How pathetic and embarrassing this is going to be yet again. Always being laughed at. Always let down. Always ruining my day

fudge off Spurs. And to think we had a chance to win the league. Shows how poor the quality has been this season

Need to strengthen our squad for next season. Our replacements are not good enough, every time we have to replace one of Dembele, Ali or Dier we look very bleak.

How pathetic and embarrassing this is going to be yet again. Always being laughed at. Always let down. Always ruining my day

fudge off Spurs. And to think we had a chance to win the league. Shows how poor the quality has been this season

Absolute nonsense. We've been great this season, have scored the most goals we've ever scored in a PL season and still have a chance for our highest finish since the early sixties. The league is tougher this year than it has ever been because the quality across the league is strong and there are very few teams that are a pushover. We should also remember that Southampton are a very decent side and have the third best record in the league since Christmas, after us and Leicester.

One thing I am heartily sick of, is the unbridled joy shown by commentators when we concede and the unending permutations where they solicit some future misfortune on us, you know so and so player has not scored for ten years, but oh he just scored a screamer, that sort of thing. Thought we were very, very soft today. Up forward particularly, apart from Son in the first twenty minutes.

You just know Arsenal will beat City. It's inevitable.

Yes. I never fancied City to win anyway as I think their squads pretty poor. But Arsenal will sense the chance to catch us on points and their players will be up for it. Pellegrini is leaving and probably doesn't give a toss what happens.

So many players off form today - Lloris, Verts, Alder, Eriksen, Kane. No doubt the aftermath of Monday night had something to do with it, plus the absence of Alli and Dembele, but credit to Southampton, they had the game plan to frustrate us and catch us on the break.

As I said - I dont want Ryan Mason in that team. I dont care if he was solid last year. I dont care if he is to have surgery. I do not want him in that team. He is not good enough for the position.

I will not say much about Walker, Erikson, Kane and Lamela. They need to be sat down and spanked.

Poch - why the fizzuck did you remove Son for Njie?

Reactions: AVB
As I said - I dont want Ryan Mason in that team. I dont care if he was solid last year. I dont care if he is to have surgery. I do not want him in that team. He is not good enough for the position.

I will not say much about Walker, Erikson, Kane and Lamela. They need to be sat down and spanked.

Poch - why the fizzuck did you remove Son for Njie?
Eriksen was poo today. The other 3 tried hard but were badly let down by their teammates.

Really missing Dembele and Alli today in that midfield, just goes to show it's an area that needs strengthening this summer. Mason and Carroll are simply not the answer.

Carroll to me would have been better. He is far more better offensively than Mason. Defensively weaker but I dont see what defensive solidity Mason brings. He played like a frigging girly man today and has done everytime he has come on since his injury. The second goal - i was boiling when I saw his crappy efforts at blocking it.

Sigh. Our heads are gone, our legs are dead, the lads are on their holidays.

The Tottenham that was dead in March has resurfaced with a vengeance today (not the last few weeks, given our heroic efforts, but today), and ultimately, for those who wanted to dream of the title, I'd suggest that Leicester are mentally on a different level to us, and have been for the entirety of the season. Even yesterday, having won the title and with a relaxed, celebratory air around King Power, they still beat Everton. We had more to play for, and limply surrendered to Soton.

Now, we are terribly in danger of being overtaken by Arsenal. If that happens, our achievements this season will (definitely) be overshadowed by a terrible, terrible S.p.u.r.s.y. feeling that even Poch can't kill, and that will cast question marks over the team heading into the next season.

That was utter pony, an embarrassment. I think it indicates that, despite a very encouraging season, we have masses to work on. i am not buying the tiredness/hangover/disappointment line: these are professional athletes that haven't played in six days and who still have a very important job to do. They have bottled it in recent matches, consistently dropping points in games despite leading.

I think someone pointed out on another thread about perspective - the fact that it seems like the world is caving in for that lot down the road and yet here they are with a realistic chance of finishing second. If we don't improve markedly on our weaker areas we could easily find ourselves back into the 5th-7th battle next season.

In fairness, Viewed as a whole the season must be viewed as a success. We have secured CL football and hopefully can sign some exciting new players to improve the squad quality. We have played some wonderful football and have a lot to be proud of. I am fairly confident that Poch won't rest on his laurels, though. He will demand improvement across the board. I really hope that's what happens.

Back