• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Saudi Sportswashing Machine *********

We were pretty close when he took over.

I think opinion of the situation we were in (and therefore how much he needed to do) was overly influenced by a couple of big losses. In hindsight, those losses weren't as bad as they seemed - Woolwich got bummed by Liverpool and everyone's been bummed by City.

Still, at least he's put everything back together again - if he can just leave it alone until the summer we might do well.

Scara…I know you despise him, but please…'he's put everything back together again'? Come on mate, he's done more than that. He's managed to introduce a reserve who is better than most of the midfielders we had, he has managed to shuffle out under-performers/not make them automatic picks, and he has done the ONE thing which was more necessary than anything else which is play Adebayor.

As for the 'we' were 'overly influenced' by a couple of big losses, who's the 'we' there? You know my feelings on AVB, I liked him and very much wanted him to do well, but he had decided he wanted out as much as we had decided it was drawing to a close (the reasons can be debated for some time)…but it's not fair to say Sherwood has 'put everything back together again' and I suspect you know that...

I think we've been waiting for all the new players to settle down in the country/league/team. The general consensus is 6 months for that kind of thing and that's what it seems to have taken.

I don't think AVB was any less wrong than Timmeh was to have played the wrong formation - at least AVB had previously shown he could get it right though.

Timmeh's put it back together though. With the added advantages of being able to play Ade and a more settled group of players, hopefully we can finish the season strongly.

added advantages??? AVB shot himself in the go nads over Ade.....

Come on Scara be a bigger man and give Timmy some credit.....it might feel like new shoes that pinch but they will eventually feel comfortable....

I do agree with you that I hope we finish the season strongly though! even though you make me want to scream sometimes....you are a spurs fan and were all in this together.....I would point out that no good can come from referring back to Andre in OMT's though!!

I think we've been waiting for all the new players to settle down in the country/league/team. The general consensus is 6 months for that kind of thing and that's what it seems to have taken.

I don't think AVB was any less wrong than Timmeh was to have played the wrong formation - at least AVB had previously shown he could get it right though.

Timmeh's put it back together though. With the added advantages of being able to play Ade and a more settled group of players, hopefully we can finish the season strongly.

Matey, I'm seriously not trolling you, I simply cannot fathom the meaning behind the bold-face above; are you saying AVB couldn't play Ade? Because we both know he could've quite easily…he made a choice.

added advantages??? AVB shot himself in the go nads over Ade.....

Come on Scara be a bigger man and give Timmy some credit.....it might feel like new shoes that pinch but they will eventually feel comfortable....

I do agree with you that I hope we finish the season strongly though! even though you make me want to scream sometimes....you are a spurs fan and were all in this together.....I would point out that no good can come from referring back to Andre in OMT's though!!

There's no way AVB could have played Ade after what he did. No manager plays a player who publicly ****s them off. Even if it's to the detriment of results, it has to be done.

If Timmeh sticks around long enough Ade will do it to him too - then he'll have to choose between short term results and the respect if his players.

Matey, I'm seriously not trolling you, I simply cannot fathom the meaning behind the bold-face above; are you saying AVB couldn't play Ade? Because we both know he could've quite easily…he made a choice.

See my reply above.

It's all come out what Ade said/did just as many suspected.

There's no way AVB could have played Ade after what he did. No manager plays a player who publicly ****s them off. Even if it's to the detriment of results, it has to be done.

If Timmeh sticks around long enough Ade will do it to him too - then he'll have to choose between short term results and the respect if his players.

Ade is ade but part of being a coach is man management.........lets be honest avb had previous with that skillset in his post at Chelsea before us.

Come on Scara we won 4-0 mate.......let go of avb......you dont have to like timmy and his mannerisms but at least give him some credit when its due.

I actually agree with Scara - Ade ****ed me off too and I said at the time he has shown such disrespect - then again I dont know the full story. I dont think it is as simple as just playing Ade though.

Ade is ade but part of being a coach is man management.........lets be honest avb had previous with that skillset in his post at Chelsea before us.

Come on Scara we won 4-0 mate.......let go of avb......you dont have to like timmy and his mannerisms but at least give him some credit when its due.

I did didn't I?

As for Ade, there's a good reason why other managers have got rid of him - some people just can't be a team player.

Scara is right about AVB not being able to play Ade. He completely undermined him in front of others. What option does he have. I think he could have punished him, by fining him and keeping him away for a weeks. Perhaps he should have then brought him back

I did didn't I?

As for Ade, there's a good reason why other managers have got rid of him - some people just can't be a team player.

I'm not a big fan of Ade despite his great form at the moment because he's too flakey but that aside, you have to try to get the best out of the players you have whilst they are here. By all means try and move players on during transfer windows, but you're stuck with them in between.

Scara is right about AVB not being able to play Ade. He completely undermined him in front of others. What option does he have. I think he could have punished him, by fining him and keeping him away for a weeks. Perhaps he should have then brought him back

I must admit at the time I thought AVB was doing the right thing by not picking Adebayor, but at least put him on the bench. As I said to Scara, you might as well get the best out of the squad when the window is closed.

I did didn't I?

I suppose you did in your fashion..... thats progress I Guess.

Look I have been one of ade's biggest critics at times.....however I dunno what timmy is doing with ade but I havent seen him look so effective since when he played for the other lot!!!!!

Ade looks like a team player at the moment......and as I said earlier Ade is the new Gareth........boy do we need him to carry our torch.....I hope we keep seeing that salute!

I must admit at the time I thought AVB was doing the right thing by not picking Adebayor, but at least put him on the bench. As I said to Scara, you might as well get the best out of the squad when the window is closed.

That sounds a bit like the Tevez scenario - I can't afford not to play him.

In the end the team will never respect you if you let that kind of **** do whatever they like.

That sounds a bit like the Tevez scenario - I can't afford not to play him.

In the end the team will never respect you if you let that kind of **** do whatever they like.

Well if you eventually sell them then you get the respect back, if you've lost any.

There aren't many managers that can get away with it unfortunately, Fergie could drop Rooney at the drop of a hat but not many can do it.

AVB needed to move Adebayor on in the summer and bring in an adequate replacement.

Instead, AVB stayed around the club, clearly some of the players thought having him around and not playing him was a bit silly (I think Rose said something to that effect when he came back) and the player who AVB bought in to replace him, our £26 million man, has scored 1 league goal from open play. Which, considering he's effectively a poacher, is especially poor.

So he ended up with the worst of all worlds in the end with Adebayor. Excellent stuff.

Scara trying to find a way to attribute us winning to anything but Sherwood is a little desperate and obvious. The players have settled, its not Sherwood at all. Had poor old AVB been here it would have been the same. Ade caused AVB to fail, Sherwood is just lucky. Why did AVB f uck off so many players at chel$ea as well?

That is making a lot of assumptions about what happened between AVB and Ade. I read 1 report that claimed AVB told Ade to stand up on a chair and apologise to his team mates. Tbh if that is true Ade was within his rights to tell AVB to **** off. Now compare AVB's handling of Ade to how Sherwood handled Capoue. Capoue criticised Sherwood at the end of the transfer window - something about him not understanding foreign players. By all accounts Sherwood tried to get rid of Capoue but when he couldn't he told him it was up to him to prove himself. Then when it suited the team, like today, Tim brought Capoue back in from the start. You will always have difficult players and yes Ade may turn on Sherwood, but in the mean time he has been able to harness a player with an obvious point to prove to benefit the team. Now that is good management.

That is making a lot of assumptions about what happened between AVB and Ade. I read 1 report that claimed AVB told Ade to stand up on a chair and apologise to his team mates. Tbh if that is true Ade was within his rights to tell AVB to **** off. Now compare AVB's handling of Ade to how Sherwood handled Capoue. Capoue criticised Sherwood at the end of the transfer window - something about him not understanding foreign players. By all accounts Sherwood tried to get rid of Capoue but when he couldn't he told him it was up to him to prove himself. Then when it suited the team, like today, Tim brought Capoue back in from the start. You will always have difficult players and yes Ade may turn on Sherwood, but in the mean time he has been able to harness a player with an obvious point to prove to benefit the team. Now that is good management.

Some great points here, you can't deny Tim credit for how he got Ade back on side. I personally gave up on Ade long before AVB so fairplay to TS for getting Ade back to his best. I did not think this was even possible. With Capoue, it was a direct decision by TS so it takes real strength to put him back in the starting line up after like you say the critcism he directed towards the manager.

Perhaps AVB shouldn't have ruffled Adebayors feathers initially by forcing him to train with the youth team after getting back from his brother's funeral or by getting him to stand on a platform and apologise to the rest of the team..... I wonder if he also had a 'naughty step' somewhere at the training ground?

Any manager that publicly falls out with one of the team's best players is on to a loser - especially when that player is the only one who is really suited to a position in the formation that they want to play. I feel that AVB may have put his own pride and ego ahead of what was good for Tottenham Hotspur and our results, perhaps that comes from being very young as a manager and not having had a playing career himself?

Back