• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

Both Sandro and Leandro are in Brazil's squad for their friendly with Sweden on Wednesday.

Words can't describe how ridiculous it is to have international friendlies this week.

Completely stupid, made worse for us because Sandro is going to be a central player for us this season. We need him fit and playing well.

This week should have been about teams getting their final preparations done, but instead the players are sent around the world to play meaningless friendlies.

AVB has my full support but, I don't think it's acceptable to finished 7 or 8th, 6th would just about be okay with a trophy but, I'd still be tinkled off as we would have had a similar season to liverpool's this past season and we are far better than them, I understand we have a new manager and liverpool won't be so crap this season but, there's no excuse for finishing under them. Say the top four is Emirates Marketing Project, Man utd, the librarians and the other scum, I could see Saudi Sportswashing Machine finishing 5th (i think we'll take them over the season as they remind me of villa a few years ago in terms of depth but, they will be challengers) and us 6th but, that isn't what we should be aiming for. We need strikers though, suitable ones at that (not that everyone doesn't already know that). Apologies for spelling and grammar etc.

O/T slightly but, how has sandro been at the olympics? I haven't had much time to watch it really (the football that is), I've been on holiday in cornwall so I've missed about a week of news from the civilized world ;)
I reckon we'll win this, probably too late but, this is an absolute monkey's tea party of an OMT. Oh well maybe it'll herald a new era of football in which we take the known sporting universe by storm.

It is interesting (perhaps depressing is the more appropriate word) that the change Levy made was about moving us to the next level, yet most fans are lowering their expectations.

I'd be delighted with form of DW from our first two matches. Absolutely delighted.
I agree actually, I always worry about West Brom for some reason, I think we need the two wins to give our players confidence in AVB's methods. Perhaps they already have it but, I think initial success could go a long way to solidifying more of a connection of trust.

It is interesting (perhaps depressing is the more appropriate word) that the change Levy made was about moving us to the next level, yet most fans are lowering their expectations.

Tbh a couple of suitable strikers and a decent luka replacement would heighten my expectations a bit, 6th is not an expectation anyway I'm just saying I would understand it, I expect the league every season but, accept it might not happen. I think i would accept 6th but, It would be a bad season in my view.

Tbh a couple of suitable strikers and a decent luka replacement would heighten my expectations a bit, 6th is not an expectation anyway I'm just saying I would understand it, I expect the league every season but, accept it might not happen. I think i would accept 6th but, It would be a bad season in my view.

I agree, morale can change so rapidly in football. Leaving things so late is never sensible, but if Levy does pull some deals out to address our weak areas then I will be far more positive like many.

I agree, morale can change so rapidly in football. Leaving things so late is never sensible, but if Levy does pull some deals out to address our weak areas then I will be far more positive like many.
With that being said, if nothing changes from today what do you see us getting at Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

With that being said, if nothing changes from today what do you see us getting at Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

Hard to say because depends on availability of Sandro and how AVB lines up. But my gut says they will turn us over, that our defensive frailties and squad weaknesses will be exposed. It is a tough place to go, and they have a powerful attacking line-up. I would be delighted with a point.

Hard to say because depends on availability of Sandro and how AVB lines up. But my gut says they will turn us over, that our defensive frailties and squad weaknesses will be exposed. It is a tough place to go, and they have a powerful attacking line-up. I would be delighted with a point.
Saddens me but, I'd have to agree however, we do have an attack, i think we could play an effective formation playing a sort of 4-2-3-1 with Hudd and sandro playing the centre roles and one of VDV/siggurdson with bale and lennon taking the wings, we could have quite a good team even if JD starts (not a shot at JD more at his effectiveness in the formation) we'd have people capable of scoring and with thudd and sandro in midfield we could be reasonably solid although if it's livermore rather than sandro it's a different story (although I quite like livermore as a stock player) - I guess it also depends how many Saudi Sportswashing Machine start in centre midfield because if it's three i could see us being torn up.

Short-term pain, long-term gain. Was always likely to be this way after the general short-termism of the Redknapp era, successful though it may have been. Better to take the plunge now when at a reasonably influential level in the football world than after the inevitable collapse.

Agree with others on here that its stupid to have these friendlies this week. The managers could have at least committed to not picking a player for the friendlies if the players was involved in the Olympics

We're so under-prepared for the start of the new season that I'm almost viewing any points which we take before the September friendlies as a bonus

How different would our position be now if 'Arry had stayed as manager?

Its seems likely we would still have signed Vertonghen and Sigurdsson, we'd still be struggling to sign a striker, we'd still have a problem with Modric wanting out, we'd still have a problem Sandro being on international duty and Parker being injured, and we'd still be facing a tougher battle for top four next season with Chelsea (and maybe Arsenal) strengthening.

How different would our position be now if 'Arry had stayed as manager?

Its seems likely we would still have signed Vertonghen and Sigurdsson, we'd still be struggling to sign a striker, we'd still have a problem with Modric wanting out, we'd still have a problem Sandro being on international duty and Parker being injured, and we'd still be facing a tougher battle for top four next season with Chelsea (and maybe Arsenal) strengthening.

What point are you trying to make above?

Not sure how strong the side was but Saudi Sportswashing Machine lost 4-1 at Cardiff yesterday!

A quite pathetic attempt at an OMT, no nothing. This is the first game of the season ffs.

On the game, if we can't score or put pressure up front, how good will our back line be? I'll have confidence with a settled lineup with Daws n Kaboul at CD. But we'll need Sandro to sit in front of them - toons will pick us apart, I fear.

Back