• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. READING - OMT***

Lloris will not start already, Friedel is still number one

I think you are right. Although AVB will want Lloris as No1 as soon as he can, he knows that if he dropped Friedel after the Norwich performance he would get hammered and risk unsettling the squad. Lloris won't have a chance to work with the squad until a few days before Reading (because of the international break) so I reckon AVB will tell him he's on the bench for Reading and after that its game on between the two of them.

Parker has to start if fit; desperately need his leadership and protection of the back 4. I like Sandro but Parker is a must. WOuld also play Lennon and Dempsey over Sigurdsson; both help us on the counter, Dempsey adds a lot of goal threat (which we lack) whereas SIgurdsson is still finding his feet. Lloris v Freidel is a flip up for me. Also a pet of mine- three defs on the bench? urgh

----------------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------------

Walker------------------Dawson----------------Vertonghen----------------Ekotto

-------------------------------Dembele-------Parker------------------------------

-------Lennon--------------------Dempsey----------------------------Bale----

-------------------------------------Adebayor--------------------------------------

Subs: Freidel, Caulker, naughton, Townsend, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Defoe

Oh mate believe me i agree. I just don't think he'll be 100% fit to start that game so hopefully will be fit to start the game after.

You will see, LLoris will start.

He is on of the best 3 goalkeepers in the world, we paid a lot of money for him, he will be n°1 from the start.

Friedel was all over the place a week ago, hes 41, made one save look difficult this weekend.

LLoris will be a big boost to the team and the defense.

What game? Friedel was our MOTM against WBA and Norwich. If he is dropped to make way for a new Premiership unproven signing then it would be a disgrace and send out a terrible signal.

This isn't going to work is it? AVB will be criticised no matter which keeper he plays. Maybe we can play Lloris upfront for a while.

What game? Friedel was our MOTM against WBA and Norwich. If he is dropped to make way for a new Premiership unproven signing then it would be a disgrace and send out a terrible signal.

Alright then, lets keep the same players and we'll have the same results.

Lloris would be a breath of fresh air for the team.

Alright then, lets keep the same players and we'll have the same results.

Lloris would be a breath of fresh air for the team.

Total gonad*s. Freidel deserves to keep his place. Apart from anything else being a keeper in the Premiership is completely different to being one in French football. He will get fudging bombarded and Freidel's form allows us to ease him in gently without the pressure on him to perform straight away. Its actually an ideal situation for Lloris to come in and know he not only doesn't have to stand up to scrutiny straight away as we already have a decent keeper, but he will also be safe in the knowledge that he WILL eventually be no 1 due to Brad's age, plus he has someone he can learn the ropes in England with and I can't think of anyone better.

AVB will be a smart guy if he starts Freidel in the next game. The defence are used to him. We've got enough new boys in Dembele, Dempsey, Sigurdsson and Vertonghen to have a breath of fresh air! Lloris will ideally start off in the cups and if/when Freidel hits a rocky patch, then AVB will be justified in giving Lloris a shot.

If he's learnt anything about man-management at a big premership club from his days at Chelsea will be that everyone should get a fair shot at the whip, everyone should feel incluided, no matter what he thinks their long-term prospects at the cluib (which i8s why i'm glad he's talkied through the situation with Dawson regarding his potential transfer availability and said he's willing for him to stay and fight for his place). Freidel deserves to lose his place to Lloris and not just get shoved to the side just because we've got a longer-term goalie in. AVB will earn longer-term respect from the players if Brad keeps his place and that will be worth its weight in gold!

You can't buy one of the most acclaimed international keepers in football today and play him on the bench. Lloris was bought for a reason, that reason being he suits the football AVB wants to play. A goalkeeper needs to work with their defenders to develop an understanding for a backline to be truly effective. This will also take time and the sooner we start the sooner we get up and running. Hats off to Brad but he's 41 now, the oldest player since the inception of the premier league, he can only be thought of as a short term solution no matter how well he plays

AVB has already hinted Lloris isn't first choice straight away. Can't find any link on the sky sports website, but on the text service I was reading about it earlier

There isn't a chance of Dempsey starting against Reading. He's had no pre season and will have something like 2 full days training with the team.
Only changes I can see happening are Adebayor and Dembele starting.

You can't buy one of the most acclaimed international keepers in football today and play him on the bench. Lloris was bought for a reason, that reason being he suits the football AVB wants to play. A goalkeeper needs to work with their defenders to develop an understanding for a backline to be truly effective. This will also take time and the sooner we start the sooner we get up and running. Hats off to Brad but he's 41 now, the oldest player since the inception of the premier league, he can only be thought of as a short term solution no matter how well he plays

Send Lloris in unprepared and he struggle with crosses, what then? Can be ruined after his first game.
Better to let him settle, work with his team mates in training, learn from Brad, watch some games to see what the prem is all about.
Then when the uefa and league cup comes up (is it 9 games this autumn?) he can get his first games and get an easy start to his Spurs career, let's think long term about it.

I'd just like to issue a smug, self-satisfied reminder that I predicted Lloris' enforced 'bedding-in' period a few months ago. 'Ha!' they said. 'We won't sign Lloris to put him on the bench!' they said. 'Tchah!' they said.

'Soz', I reply. :D

Send Lloris in unprepared and he struggle with crosses, what then? Can be ruined after his first game.
Better to let him settle, work with his team mates in training, learn from Brad, watch some games to see what the prem is all about.
Then when the uefa and league cup comes up (is it 9 games this autumn?) he can get his first games and get an easy start to his Spurs career, let's think long term about it.

This

But Friedel is already struggling with crosses!! It cant be much worse!

Well, the big news in France tonight is that Lloris is upset with Villas Boas. Thats what Deschamps said anyway.

What a fudgein mess.

Well, the big news in France tonight is that Lloris is upset with Villas Boas. Thats what Deschamps said anyway.

What a fudgein mess.

Probably more Dechamps that react to the AVB comments. Lloris has no reason to be upset before he has even trained with us.

Probably more Dechamps that react to the AVB comments. Lloris has no reason to be upset before he has even trained with us.

Deschamps said tonight that LLoris is very upset with the tottenham manager after his comments.

He came here to n°1 and we're acting like idiots. After one good save we keep the old man in goal.

Back