• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Olympic Marseille ***

did they, or did Marseille bottle it more?

You have to give us some credit there. The first half was disgusting. So at 1 down, the crowd is all over it, we have no manager in the dugout, Sonny has gone off, we have nothing on the bench. It was all lined up for us to fold. And we played our way back into it. Credit to the players. We lash them as bottle jobs when we fudge up. They clawed their way through tonight.

No. Our guys played so differently in the second half. Marseille had some part to play, but that was partly because we forced the issue.
Amazing.

I still think we can be a lot better than that, but yes it was much improved on the first half, took far more care with the football and worked much harder to find space

I still think we can be a lot better than that, but yes it was much improved on the first half, took far more care with the football and worked much harder to find space

Oh absolutely we can be better than that.
But even the improvement we saw after half-time was stark.
Were three of our four main attackers available, we might have seen something even more special.

You have to give us some credit there. The first half was disgusting. So at 1 down, the crowd is all over it, we have no manager in the dugout, Sonny has gone off, we have nothing on the bench. It was all lined up for us to fold. And we played our way back into it. Credit to the players. We lash them as bottle jobs when we fudge up. They clawed their way through tonight.

Well said, if the boot was on the other foot tonight. And Marseilles had come back away from home to clinch it, we would have been same old Tottenham.

No denying we were poor 1st half, but the team showed some serious heart and bottle in the 2nd half.

What a finish by PEH too

thought he was right about pretty much everything tonight

If you hate / don't understand the way we play he's the perfect mouthpiece for sure. Thinks things are as simple as "put Harry Kane on a CB and see what happens" - No exaggeration, I found him more unbearable than our 1st half performance - Edit - my bad for focussing on a negative though, we did it, that's what matters.

yeah, had to keep working to get the chances

but Marseille had them too, and missed the best one of the lot

Is it all just part of Conte’s plan? Defend deep first half and let the opposition tire themselves out, then play more progressively second half when the opposition can’t press as much? I can’t believe that’s he’s just incapable of motivating the players or getting the tactics right first half, game after game after game after game.
Yes it is and it's also horrible, I hate it and in the long run I don't think it will win us anything.

Either way It's lovely when it comes off!

fudge me. fudging fudge me.

You proved me wrong Tottenham. I can’t stomach that first half but that second half. Wow. Thought Bentancur, Hojbjerg and Bissouma were massive. Defence did well too. Moura was hopeless but I’m not gonna labour that point.

You proved me wrong Spurs. You showed character and bottle I never thought you had. Particularly at half time. Magic. fudging magic.
Can't remember a bigger change between the first half and second half from a midfield. Dreadful in the first half and looked like world beaters in the second

If you hate / don't understand the way we play he's the perfect mouthpiece for sure. Thinks things are as simple as "put Harry Kane on a CB and see what happens" - No exaggeration, I found him more unbearable than our 1st half performance

we had no outball, and there was no pressure on their defence when they had it, Kane was having an evening stroll in no mans land

Moura did exactly that in the second half and we turned them around far more regularly, and got out of our third

Absolutely. It takes grit to fight back in those circumstances. Well done, boys!

Back