• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich

You'd drop Sandro from the squad completely? I think there's a good chance he'll start this one, possibly ahead of Dembele, who perhaps isn't 100% fit yet.

We need at least 1 and preferably 2 of Holtby, Lamela and Eriksen in the starting line up for this one imo.

I actually forgot Sandro, but I don't think he'll start. He'll be on the bench instead of Siggy or Holtby.

Already buzzing for this match to see all of our new toys

I would start:

-------------Lloris------------------

Walker---Vertonghen--Kaboul---Rose-

----------Paulinho---Sandro----------

Lamela---------Holtby----------Townsend

--------------Soldado-----------------

Bench: Friedel, Chiriches, Dawson, Eriksen, Dembele, Defoe, CHadli

4-1 Yids Soldado, Holtby, Lamela brace

Last edited:
Norwich were my Granddad's team, he was a bit Norfolk obsessed tbh. Anyway, I like Chris Hughton and Delia's Christmas book but I couldn't really give a toss about Naarridge. Nice Cathedral though.

Spurs to win 8-0, Lloris to get all nine.

I think home to Norwich would be a good match to introduce the new lads to the premiership. On the other hand, I can completely see the merits of starting Holtby against Norwich, bringing on Eriksen at 65 minutes and then giving him and Chiriches their first starts at home to Tromso. I'd be happy with either approach from AVB. I'm chuffed with the way Townsend has started the season (though I am getting a teeny bit frustrated with the speculative shots from range... in his head he's got the shot of Bale but it's really not there yet and he needs to realise that fast and stop wasting the good positions he's making for himself) but I'd probably give Chadli the nod. I think I've been more impressed with Chadli than many on this board; he's not done a lot wrong in my view and I actually think he's got a very good football brain on him - intelligent positioning and good passes. Townsend to start against Tromso though, no question... there's not much between the two.

........................Lloris
Walker ..... Kaboul .... Vertonghen ..... Rose
.......... Sandro ........... Paulinho
Lamela ............ Eriksen ................. Chadli
......................Soldado

4-0 Lamela, Paulinho, Soldado (2)

Bench: Friedel, Dawson, Naughton, Dembele, Townsend, Defoe.

Note: All assumes Lennon's still out. I'm a big fan of his and would definitely find a place for him on the bench if he's fit.

Can't pick a team until I find out how much damage the international qualifiers..

Just wouldn't feel confident about the players making it through. Damn you internationals!

Can't pick a team until I find out how much damage the international qualifiers..

Just wouldn't feel confident about the players making it through. Damn you internationals!

good point although must say much more a relief than sweating out every Wales match knowing Bale was going to get chopped down repeatedly if he got hurt we were ****ed much more depth and balance now

This.
For me, Chadli has that bit of class which Townsend lacks.
I think Townsend is a bit 'huff and puff' - lacks the end product.
Definitely good enough to start EL etc cup games.
If in reality, that is going to be our front four, then no better time than in a home game against a non-top 6 side to play them.

------------------Lloris
Walker-----Dawson---Vertonghen---Rose
------------Sandro----Paulinho------------
----Lamela------Eriksen-------Chadli
------------------Soldado-------------------

Subs: brad, Kaboul, Dembele, Defoe, Lennon, Townsend, Holtby

Chiriches, Siggy, Naughton, Ade all don't make bench. Wow

Swap Eriksen for Holtby, and put the Dane on the wing instead of Chadli. Apart from that, I completely agree with you. And regarding Eriksen, I think if AVB wants to bed him in gently he'll start him on the wing. Look at Modric, for example: got bullied in his first few games due to his stature and tendency to bomb forward, defensive duties be damned. Spent about a season on the wing spanning the latter half of 08-09 and the first half of 09-10, and then came back into a central role faster ,stronger and much more used to the pace and physicality of the PL.

This.
For me, Chadli has that bit of class which Townsend lacks.
I think Townsend is a bit 'huff and puff' - lacks the end product.
Definitely good enough to start EL etc cup games.
If in reality, that is going to be our front four, then no better time than in a home game against a non-top 6 side to play them.

Townsend's shown more end product than Chadli so far imo.

My three behind the striker pecking order is:

1 Lamela
= Eriksen
3 Lennon
= Townsend
= Holtby
6 Sigurdsson
= Chadli

Looks like this could be our last 3pm Saturday kick off of 2013. The only one remaining is Stoke on the 28th December, but that will probably be moved for TV.

Can't see any of the new signings starting. They will only get 2 days of training with the squad before the game.

The entire world, sort of anyway, is waiting to see Eriksen but you want to drop him already ? Surely, he has to start. Our entire season is relying on how he and Lamela perform.

Failing to beat Norwich home or away was one of the main reason why we failed to qualify for CL last season. Hope we will beat them this season.

Our entire season is relying on how the team performs. Hopefully, the sale of Bale and how we have reinvested the money in the squad means that we will be less reliant on individuals.

Looks like this could be our last 3pm Saturday kick off of 2013. The only one remaining is Stoke on the 28th December, but that will probably be moved for TV.

Can't see any of the new signings starting. They will only get 2 days of training with the squad before the game.

Shocking. I hate Sunday games :(

How good do you think he is? He has played in the dutch league, this is totally different. He has never been in the team, so how is he getting dropped if he doesn't start?

Verts never played in the prem before and he seemed to do just fine...

Whatever the shape may be, if our midfield somehow contains: Sandro, Paulinho, Holtby, Lamela, and Eriksen we will dominate absolutely everyone. It's got Power, Pace, Goals, Tricks, Vision, Movement, Passing, Sandro, etc... The more I think of it the more I think challenging for the title isn't really that far off

We're playing ****ing norwich, we don't need 2 holding mids:

Lloris

Walker
Kaboul
Vertonghen
Rose

Sandro/Paulinho/Moose
Holtby

Eriksen
Lamela
Townsend

Bad Ade/Soldado

We're playing ****ing norwich, we don't need 2 holding mids:

Lloris

Walker
Kaboul
Vertonghen
Rose

Sandro/Paulinho/Moose
Holtby

Eriksen
Lamela
Townsend

Bad Ade/Soldado

When we are playing with two full backs given licence to get forward, I think that we will always play with at least two holding midfielders

I think home to Norwich would be a good match to introduce the new lads to the premiership. On the other hand, I can completely see the merits of starting Holtby against Norwich, bringing on Eriksen at 65 minutes and then giving him and Chiriches their first starts at home to Tromso. I'd be happy with either approach from AVB. I'm chuffed with the way Townsend has started the season (though I am getting a teeny bit frustrated with the speculative shots from range... in his head he's got the shot of Bale but it's really not there yet and he needs to realise that fast and stop wasting the good positions he's making for himself) but I'd probably give Chadli the nod. I think I've been more impressed with Chadli than many on this board; he's not done a lot wrong in my view and I actually think he's got a very good football brain on him - intelligent positioning and good passes. Townsend to start against Tromso though, no question... there's not much between the two.

4-0 Lamela, Paulinho, Soldado (2)

Bench: Friedel, Dawson, Naughton, Dembele, Townsend, Defoe.

Note: All assumes Lennon's still out. I'm a big fan of his and would definitely find a place for him on the bench if he's fit.

That would be my starting 11 (at this point) as well. Although I see it more as a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1) with Eriksen alongside Paulinho with Sandro behind them.

Back