• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool

We need to fight fire with fire to have any chance of getting anything out of this game. Soldado has movement similar to Suarez and we have players that play a possession game by bringing on Siggy and Lamela. If not that then go 4-4-2 by bring on Townsend and Defoe. Gonna have to go for it in the second half which might leave us open.

Liverpool's attack are terrorising us and we're panicking every time we have the ball. What was Dawson's clearance just before the half-time whistle about? No confidence. Naughton is having a mare as well.

That's what happens when you have to play Dawson against top quality players. As much as I love the guy, he's far more suited to "English" football.

Two subs left I'd go

-------------Lloris
Walker Dawson Fryers Dembele
-------Capoue-Paulinho
Lamela-----Hotlby-----Chadli
-----------Soldado

we've made them look like Barcelona on live TV after making City look like Madrid a few games before:lol:

In fairness to us, City have looked like Madrid against pretty much any team they've faced at home (and I fancy them to have a very good chance of beating Real if they get drawn together).

3, 3, 2, 2, 1. Are the goals conceded by Liverpool in their last 5 away games. We don't look even close to scoring at the moment.

Capoue and Naughton a complete nightmare.

Lennon non-existent. Dembele very poor. Paulinho invisible. Chadli our best player, Soldado getting a bit more involved in the build up play.

We should be more than 2-0 down tbh. A lot of very very poor performances so far this season. I can't see it at all but let's hope we turn this around.

Lloris is really a mixed bag at the moment. A bit all over the place. Can't be easy playing behind a defence like that though.

I thought AVB had made some progress with our passing but we can't seem to string together more than 2 passes and constantly lose the ball. We looked so shaky and unsure as a team.

But we had 3 decent chances to score . If we can get one back, you never know. Want to see the team react and show how they CAN play. Nothing to lose now. Move the ball around, keep a solid backline, and go for it.

Game of two halves I think

We will salvage this haha

I wish....but this is the game that has destroyed my hope.......we look woeful........wonder what the odds are for a turnaround!!!!!

all I want is to see some fight and I dunno maybe win a 50-50

We don't go for it/put up some kind of a fight and I'm actually thinking the AVB out rumors come true.

Townsend for Dembele for now, everyone pray for Naughton.

------------ Soldado
Townsend - Chadli - Lennon
------ Holtby - Paulinho

Lamela for Lennon in the last 10 minutes to win it [-o<

That's what happens when you have to play Dawson against top quality players. As much as I love the guy, he's far more suited to "English" football.

Yeah, Dawson vs Suarez was alway gonna be a nightmare. Shame we don't have any fit defenders at the moment.

I've come to the realisation that the likelihood of us putting in a good home performance is next to nothing so i simply hope for luck and good finishing when we do create chances. So pathetically one sided it's unbelievable, no game plan, no structure, disjointed yet again at home.

Even the substitutions are getting tedious and predictable. Sandro goes off....ooooo maybe Lamela....nah Holtby again. AVB never wants to try anything new...it's just so boringly predictable (ooooo can't wait for the inevitable Defoe substitution where we go 4-4-2 and proceed to do ...NOTHING AGAIN).

What? You want Lamela ahead of Holtby? You make me laugh.

Yeah, but when i said something like:
---------------Sandro----------
----------Lamela---Eriksen------
Towsend------------------Lennon
------------Soldado-------------

they were like no way we can play that we would get throttled, well you get throttled with defensive play as well, look at city and today. Focking play football, drop defensive players in the midfield with the exception of sandro, we should be an attacking squad, give the other team something to defend about. At least we would score, lamela and eriksen in the cm position not in the whole would hold the ball better not give it away like dembele and paulinho.

If I was Soldado I'd be on to my agent and looking to get out in January. It must be very depressing playing up top in our 4-2-3-1.

So this is progress under AVB ? This is his vision for future sucess ? Even his own mother would have lost faith in him by now. The man is literally killing our club in front of our eyes. Totally inept and utterly utterly clueless. If we sack him tomorrow and put the tea lady in charge I can guarantee we would play better next week. Thats how bad he is. Thats how clueless he is.

Yes its another AVB bashing. The knob deserves it. He is KILLING our club.

We just haven't imposed ourselves whatsoever. Perhaps our defence has something to do with it considering we have a makeshift CB against the world's in form striker, but it's true that in every single department we've been utterly utterly terrible.

This is a big team talk from AVB. If he doesn't get something from this game I think he could be gone. It's been so bad and even though the players like him, if you perform to that shocking level of crap in a massive game then something, somewhere isn't right. We may have a plan but it hasn't been imposed today and it needs to be there in these big games.

I thought we would perform in the big games but it seems we went hell for leather against Anzhi rather than saving it for today as we have done previously. If we put humiliation to West Ham down to the fact nothing clicked but in the big games we will be better...then this just proves it won't. The performance is simply unacceptable.

Unbelievable...i now finally get how this place operates.

Capoue has put in the worst cb performance of any cb this season. He keeps playing people onside and when he's not doing that he sooooo far away from play that Dawson is the last defender. He's been shocking beyond belief (as has most of them) and Dawson is getting singled out? you couldn't make it up.

Absolutely destroyed. That's whats unacceptible. In every position, every department, outmuscled, outfought, out thunk. That is simply not good enough at this club. Not when you've just lost 6-0 a few weeks ago.

Unacceptable is the word I'd use, I just don't know where to start, this is much worse than city for me. These are multi million pound players who can't pass, control, track back or even ****ing think like conference footballers let alone champs league players. This performance every single player in a spurs shirt is a disgrace and I'm a very positive fan but this is a disgrace, Liverpool haven't had to get out of 3rd gear, they've not done anything exceptional except pass to there own players snd defend with half a brain.

Back