• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool

I agree it's been awful, but I don't think Chadli deserves to be singled out.

And it was only 3 games ago that everyone was talking about how good a move it was to have Paulinho pushed up against Man United, allowing us to play well in midfield. And we did. Today it hasn't come off but that logic wasn't bad.

Just awful though. So sad.

just how I feel at the moment, all the pieces are there for Spurs to be a good team but its just not working. Sadly I think most of the blame has to go to AVB. He sets them up he asks the players to play in a certain way which isnt working

@Squawka: Spurs vs Liverpool HT Stats: Passes completed 119-172. Interceptions 7-6. Tackles won 6-8. Shots 5-12. Chances created 2-4. Score 0-2. :oops:

@Squawka: Liverpool have yet to lose from a winning position at half-time in the Premier League this season (Won 9, Drawn 2).

@Squawka: Spurs have scored 10 EPL goals in the second half this season. They've managed just 5 in the first half. Comeback? [-o<

I agree it's been awful, but I don't think Chadli deserves to be singled out.

And it was only 3 games ago that everyone was talking about how good a move it was to have Paulinho pushed up against Man United, allowing us to play well in midfield. And we did. Today it hasn't come off but that logic wasn't bad.

Just awful though. So sad.

Understatement of the millennium, that. Paulinho in the advanced position is only ustified because he makes good off the ball runs and can sometimes tee up the other attacking players by holding on to the ball longer than a 'lightweight' CAM would.

Holtby's proven he can do that as well, plus shoot with some degree of accuracy (Paulinho evidently can't hit a damn skyscraper at the moment) and make good passes. For me, that 'Paulinho in attacking midfield' idea was buried by the time this game kicked off.

Chadli, I agree somewhat. It isn't his job to cross: as an inside forward, his job is to support Soldado in the box while the left-back crosses. However, Naughton's utterly dismal display has affected him as well, and that shouldn't be understated imo.

Two subs left I'd go

-------------Lloris
Walker Dawson Fryers Dembele
-------Capoue-Paulinho
Lamela-----Hotlby-----Chadli
-----------Soldado

I don't know what subs I'd make tbh, it looks a bit lost to me but I do think we need something outside the box. The usual won't cut this imo, not if we want the win.

Again, people massively overreacting - probably because it fits their preconceived opinion of our team.

If the ref doesn't take Chelsea's oil money and disallow a perfectly good goal at the end of the half, 2-1 is much better. If he blows for the foul on their second then 1-1 is even better than that.

If I was Soldado I'd be on to my agent and looking to get out in January. It must be very depressing playing up top in our 4-2-3-1.

So Soldado takes none of the blame himself? This guy gets an easy ride here. He is so low energy and weak it's unbelievable.

but the book! read the book.

Come on mate, people referring to the book is to clear misconceptions up so we can see what he is trying to achieve.

No-one would say today is acceptable because of his plan or the book. It's been stunningly bad. My faith is certainly shaken but we'll see how this second half pans out. Games can change in an instant.

Again, people massively overreacting - probably because it fits their preconceived opinion of our team.

If the ref doesn't take Chelsea's oil money and disallow a perfectly good goal at the end of the half, 2-1 is much better. If he blows for the foul on their second then 1-1 is even better than that.

WOW.

what a fcuking waste of a substitution

AVB get the fcuk out

Unbelievable...i now finally get how this place operates.

Capoue has put in the worst cb performance of any cb this season. He keeps playing people onside and when he's not doing that he sooooo far away from play that Dawson is the last defender. He's been shocking beyond belief (as has most of them) and Dawson is getting singled out? you couldn't make it up.

Capoue is a midfielder. Dawson's supposed to be good at this.

LIVERPOOL HAVE THROTTLED US ! I AM ASHAMED OF THAT 45 MINUTES, IT WAS ONE WAY TRAFFIC. This is not out of proportion, it is just what it is ! If liverpool does this to you, you have no place in the top 6-7 teams...

Back