• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

Playing Sissoko on the right wing
Not starting Ndombele
Focusing on defence when attacking Liverpool exposed their real weaknesses
Bringing on Reguilon for no apparent reason
Bringing on Lucas Moura who was the wrong option at that time
Starting with the wrong formation

I dont agree with any of them but its 1130pm though so I'll leave you to your views! With 89 mins gone it was 1-1 and we'd had the best two chances in the second half...

We just played the champions in their back yard, and Liverpool played really well, some of their passing to break through us was exceptional. But their finishing was poor, and their first goal was lucky, the back heel wasn't intended, and the shot took a double deflection. If Bergwijn took one of his chances, or Kane scored with his header, its a different story. Fine lines. Anyway, if we beat them at the Lane it's nullified.

Playing we we did with 24% of the ball you are asking a hell of alot of the back line and the front line to be ultra clinical. Its such a fine line way of playing which is why I do not enjoy it. Kane is getting as many chances over the course of 10 games as Liverpool did in one and its only because he is world class that its worked and we can point accusingly at his missed header as a reason we lost tonight.

I wont knock being 2nd and doing better than I thought but at the same time tonight was the plucky underdog away in the FA Cup set up not 1st v 2nd.

It's not though. It feels like it and what we watch is counter intuitive. But our back line need to be disciplined. That's all. If we do that, our midfield offers them enough protection that they can afford the odd slip and still survive. They scored one poxy deflection and one from a set piece. I don't think Hugo made a stop where I thought "fudge me, that's a stop I wouldn't expect him to make ten times out of ten."

On the attacking side, we missed the three best chances of the second half. So we didn't need to be ultra clinical. We needed the strikers to do their job one time out of three. One out of four if you count Kane's one where he slipped.

I don't particularly like our style of play. But even if you start looking at it in terms of playing the percentages, we should have at least drawn that game.

It's not though. It feels like it and what we watch is counter intuitive. But our back line need to be disciplined. That's all. If we do that, our midfield offers them enough protection that they can afford the odd slip and still survive. They scored one poxy deflection and one from a set piece. I don't think Hugo made a stop where I thought "fudge me, that's a stop I wouldn't expect him to make ten times out of ten."

On the attacking side, we missed the three best chances of the second half. So we didn't need to be ultra clinical. We needed the strikers to do their job one time out of three. One out of four if you count Kane's one where he slipped.

I don't particularly like our style of play. But even if you start looking at it in terms of playing the percentages, we should have at least drawn that game.
Agree with all of this
It’s a natural reactive view to say we didn’t have the ball and they had more chances but that’s the old quality vs quantity balance
I thought they were trying to walk it in and kept on repeating the same patterns of play. One time the ball came central’s no Mane turned and hit it wide to a double marked TAA rather than do something himself. They were scare of making errors that could lead to counters but likewise wasn’t sure how to break us down.
Fine margins as usual

Its not just about that though its what that possession allows you to be and have.

If you are in the other teams half more with the ball more you are not just relying on the 2 chances we have, you also have the run of the luck because the ball is in and around the box more, the same reason West Ham got those goals against us because if you give up possession and the team have the opportunity to put the ball in, even without quality you can get an OG or a mistake or luck.

I would much rather have 17 chances and have two lucky deflections than have 4 chances and expect Kane to put them away with perfection game in game out, its asking far too much at both ends of the pitch.

The defence and attack have to be absolutely note perfect playing like this, Liverpool had 76% and they did not have to be, there is a reason for that

Not sure I agree with all of that but I do agree with the principle
There walking away without challenging what they did as they won
Were walking away knowing we could have done more
Jose has an awful away record vs Plopp bug his home one is better. We will see again in 4 weeks time where both teams are at and how they ply away from the comfort of anfield
They are obviously pretty formidable at home BUT there is hope, I'm sure they've only won 1 league game away this season, and you only had to watch at the weekend versus Fulham (obviously not the greatest team) to see them look second best.

Died went down there like Harry did earlier
Grabbed his head briefly too
It’s all part of being CNUTs
Kane had the smarts to feign a head injury and waste some time after the ball had been cleared but Dier taking that chance after a nudge in the back in his own penalty area in the 91st minute when he still might’ve been able to help defend the corner is the act of a stupid twunt.

Its not just about that though its what that possession allows you to be and have.

If you are in the other teams half more with the ball more you are not just relying on the 2 chances we have, you also have the run of the luck because the ball is in and around the box more, the same reason West Ham got those goals against us because if you give up possession and the team have the opportunity to put the ball in, even without quality you can get an OG or a mistake or luck.

I would much rather have 17 chances and have two lucky deflections than have 4 chances and expect Kane to put them away with perfection game in game out, its asking far too much at both ends of the pitch.

The defence and attack have to be absolutely note perfect playing like this, Liverpool had 76% and they did not have to be, there is a reason for that

The don't have to be note perfect. You watch our games over the last month. There are mistakes aplenty in our defence. But we have the numbers to cover them so the opposition can't create a clear opportunity. We just have to be disciplined and well drilled. That's enough to deny space.

We didn't have two chances. We had three sitters and Kane had another very presentable one. I'm not one of Xg but I'd have thought the quality of our chances far outweighed theirs. But our star player missed a sitter and slipped on another chance and Stevie made a balls of two very good chances. 99 times out of 100, at least one of those chances is put away.

You know we had more possession vs West Ham, more shots on target too
We drew that game through a worldly and an OG
I do agree you will get more luck with more shots and more of the ball though

The don't have to be note perfect. You watch our games over the last month. There are mistakes aplenty in our defence. But we have the numbers to cover them so the opposition can't create a clear opportunity. We just have to be disciplined and well drilled. That's enough to deny space.

We didn't have two chances. We had three sitters and Kane had another very presentable one. I'm not one of Xg but I'd have thought the quality of our chances far outweighed theirs. But our star player missed a sitter and slipped on another chance and Stevie made a balls of two very good chances. 99 times out of 100, at least one of those chances is put away.
We had 4 big chances to there 1
And we had a higher Xg for what that worth 39A89258-FB54-496B-A76D-9559B01E6073.png

Kane had the smarts to feign a head injury and waste some time after the ball had been cleared but Dier taking that chance after a nudge in the back in his own pelanty area in the 91st minute when he still might’ve been able to help defend the corner is the act of a stupid twunt.
TBF though that’s a foul most of the time
And the ball wasn’t even in play at that point so I believe dier is thinking the ref will stop the game for this

We had 4 big chances to there 1
And we had a higher Xg for what that worth View attachment 10289

This football takes a massive mindshift when you're watching it as closely we are now. I grew up loving the Brazil sides of the 80s and the individual geniuses we had. I loved watching the United and Barca teams. Poch's side was a joy to watch for me.

So this is hard to love. But if you can't see the logic in Mourinho's approach, you need to look harder. It is anti-football to an extent but it involves us controlling games in a very different way to what we were used to under Poch. It's playing the percentages when the opposition have the ball by denying them space and chances and being ruthless when they make the inevitable mistakes and give the ball back to us. I wasn't that nervous for the last 20 minutes. They pinged it about but we had the numbers, shape and discipline to ensure they created nothing from play. It's a strange way to play the game for me but it's effective and we won't lose very many games this season.

TBF though that’s a foul most of the time
And the ball wasn’t even in play at that point so I believe dier is thinking the ref will stop the game for this
Maybe at WHL with thousands of fans demanding the referee give us the free-kick it would be worth the risk but at Clanfield the chances of LiVARpool being ruled against are so small that Dier shouldn’t have gone down imho.

Firminho had time to do a shimmy to wrong foot Alderweireld, so Dier probably could’ve got back and challenged for the header if he’d stayed on his feet.
BD84FEAD-C330-4706-A55F-4DFEA612E04A.jpeg
7559E570-D45B-47E7-9470-C094507AF309.jpeg

Last edited:
I can see that point of view.

We know why we didn't win, Liverpool don't know why they did.
Yes Liverpool are better than us and have been for some time. To see anything else is nonsense at the moment. Today even with different tactics was no different to the other games against Klopps team in the last 2 seasons. I am not sure what you saw differently. At least early in Klopp’s reign we didn’t lose to them. So if we are going to lose to them we might as well take the game to them like we used to. Rather than sitting back allowing them on us and hoping for a break before the inevitable happens.

Last edited:
Back