• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

I’m annoyed as we were too defensive and didn’t impose ourselves on the game. We have the attacking threats to do Liverpool damage and yet didn’t bother to leave our half for most of the first 45 minutes. This was our chance to put down a marker, to create a gap at the top of the table, and we fudged it up. To add insult to that...VAR only served to help Liverpool again. How VAR reviewed the goal and decided that there was nothing wrong is beyond me. The goal should have been ruled out but wasn’t...why?! Now we are 3 points behind with a tough match at the weekend to come. I really was starting to believe that we could win the league. The second 45 minutes against Palace, and today showed me that it’s not going to happen. May as well accept it’s just a fight for a top 4 place and forget any hope otherwise.

We will see. We won’t win the league. I can see us getting to a final but losing. I wouldn’t back us against any big 6 side in any final of any competition
That’s the spirit!

we knocked Chelsea out of the league cup, we just beat Arsenal, City and Utd in our most recent games. Today the xg, backed up by my own eyes, say we should really have edged the win against Pool.

Your assertion seems a bit negative to me based on most recent performances and results against them?

I’m annoyed as we were too defensive and didn’t impose ourselves on the game. We have the attacking threats to do Liverpool damage and yet didn’t bother to leave our half for most of the first 45 minutes. This was our chance to put down a marker, to create a gap at the top of the table, and we fudged it up. To add insult to that...VAR only served to help Liverpool again. How VAR reviewed the goal and decided that there was nothing wrong is beyond me. The goal should have been ruled out but wasn’t...why?! Now we are 3 points behind with a tough match at the weekend to come. I really was starting to believe that we could win the league. The second 45 minutes against Palace, and today showed me that it’s not going to happen. May as well accept it’s just a fight for a top 4 place and forget any hope otherwise.
Forgetting any hope is the first step towards your recovery. We are powerless against hope and must surrender to the power of pessimism. Otherwise, hope will scythe you down like the grim reaper on crystal meth.

The frustrating thing is that many of us FEEL that we are going to get suckered and let in late goals. And it’s happens all season. We need to get more street wise. Our defenders should not be getting shoved around to allow a free header like today. It’s naive. Jose has got to look at that and wise them the fcuk up.

Even after tonight? Tonight was key, yet Mourinho made crucial mistakes.
Yes 100%
This is no different to any season we have played there except there was more expectation and more downplaying of their team
We created more than enough to win it and we will do that more and more IMO

Tonight is a big, big blow. Massive for a number of reasons. But we've got to believe we can win it. We're three points behind and we play those clams at home next month.

If Harry Kane came out tomorrow and said "we're really just playing for top 4 and would be happy with that", I'd be livid and calling him mentally weak.

We need to dust ourselves off and put another long unbeaten run together.

That’s the spirit!

we knocked Chelsea out of the league cup, we just beat Arsenal, City and Utd in our most recent games. Today the xg, backed up by my own eyes, say we should really have edged the win against Pool.

Your assertion seems a bit negative to me based on most recent performances and results against them?

And yet we didn’t win. We should have won tonight and we have come away empty handed. Getting a bit sick of being called negative when it’s just realistic. Spurs have always been a team that can win big games every now and then, we just don’t win them consistently enough to win trophies. How that is even debatable I’m not sure.

And yet we didn’t win. We should have won tonight and we have come away empty handed. Getting a bit sick of being called negative when it’s just realistic. Spurs have always been a team that can win big games every now and then, we just don’t win them consistently enough to win trophies. How that is even debatable I’m not sure.

If it looks like horse brick, smells like horse brick, it's probably horse brick. You're pretty constantly negative, so not sure why you'd have a problem being called out on it.

Because you are projecting it to the future, when the most recent past against those teams contradicts your theory.

Jose has consistently won trophies every where he’s gone, or doesn’t that count for some reason?

How happy are you right now? Fake teeth gleaming away I bet.

Quite the opposite. I would have been gutted if we drew the game considering the chances we missed but to lose at the death is sickening. Tonight just highlighted how much we need a fit Bale back. For Bergwijn to have two great chances like that and not even hit the target once is not good enough.

Quite the opposite. I would have been gutted if we drew the game considering the chances we missed but to lose at the death is sickening. Tonight just highlighted how much we need a fit Bale back. For Bergwijn to have two great chances like that and not even hit the target once is not good enough.
Bale also makes teams think diffentky because of who he is
They won’t commit as much

If it looks like horse brick, smells like horse brick, it's probably horse brick. You're pretty constantly negative, so not sure why you'd have a problem being called out on it.

You call it negative, but it’s just realistic. If we don’t win anything this season will you stay say it’s negative? I’m sure pretty much no one will say it’s the truth.

Because you are projecting it to the future, when the most recent past against those teams contradicts your theory.

Jose has consistently won trophies every where he’s gone, or doesn’t that count for some reason?

All I am saying is I would back a team who has a nick of winning trophies recently and consistently against us who don’t. If we were in a final against Everton for example or wolves I would be confident of winning the match.

Back