• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

All I am saying is I would back a team who has a nick of winning trophies recently and consistently against us who don’t. If we were in a final against Everton for example or wolves I would be confident of winning the match.
How about Chelsea?
I mean they have history but also have a a manager who hasn’t won a thing and most of their first 11 haven’t either

Bale also makes teams think diffentky because of who he is
They won’t commit as much
If he gets fit then he could be the difference. We expended a lot of effort trying to keep Salah and Mane quiet, whilst their main concern could be Son regardless of whether Moura, Bergwijn or Lamela were playing. But as it stands Bale cannot offer the protection our team needs unless he can cover more ground and offer a physical resistance off the ball. It’s a little frustrating as it feels like we’re are well stocked but actually we have 4 7 out of 10 players for the RWF role, all with different strengths and limitations.

All I am saying is I would back a team who has a nick of winning trophies recently and consistently against us who don’t. If we were in a final against Everton for example or wolves I would be confident of winning the match.
I think the Jose factor nullifies the club factor, something has to give. Spurs have a horrible knack of winning nothing and seemingly choking, whereas Jose is the opposite.

How about Chelsea?
I mean they have history but also have a a manager who hasn’t won a thing and most of their first 11 haven’t either

Jose gives us a chance. More than any other manager in the PL era. Some clubs just have a nack of nicking trophies like Chelsea and Arsenal even with sub par teams. We’ve had teams that have been miles better than both at times in the last 10 years.

I think the Jose factor nullifies the club factor, something has to give. Spurs have a horrible knack of winning nothing and seemingly choking, whereas Jose is the opposite.

Don’t get wrong, I was fully buying into the idea of us winning the league until tonight. Maybe it is just a touch of knee jerk and frustration but I just worry the same failings in crunch games will come back to bite us. It’s partly a defence mechanism as well I suppose. I’ve got my hopes up about us too many times in my lifetime to have those hopes dashed

Jose gives us a chance. More than any other manager in the PL era. Some clubs just have a nack of nicking trophies like Chelsea and Arsenal even with sub par teams. We’ve had teams that have been miles better than both at times in the last 10 years.
Knock out football so anything can happen

Don’t get wrong, I was fully buying into the idea of us winning the league until tonight. Maybe it is just a touch of knee jerk and frustration but I just worry the same failings in crunch games will come back to bite us. It’s partly a defence mechanism as well I suppose. I’ve got my hopes up about us too many times in my lifetime to have those hopes dashed

I can see that point of view.

Personally, tonight has fortified my belief. We ended up with the wrong answer but our working out was sound, we win that game 9 times out of 10. We know why we didn't win, Liverpool don't know why they did.

Personally, tonight has fortified my belief. We ended up with the wrong answer but our working out was sound, we win that game 9 times out of 10. We know why we didn't win, Liverpool don't know why they did.
Not sure I agree with all of that but I do agree with the principle
There walking away without challenging what they did as they won
Were walking away knowing we could have done more
Jose has an awful away record vs Plopp bug his home one is better. We will see again in 4 weeks time where both teams are at and how they ply away from the comfort of anfield

They were weakened, slightly
Fabinho played CB last season too but that’s forgotten for some reason
It’s not the pool team of 3/4 weeks ago
And I still think they will get more abs more injuries now.
I did hear via an Everton fan that they can’t use their Thetaputix Drugs as much now due to COVID testing, but I’m not sure how that would work

Interested to hear more about Thetaputix???

What mistakes did he make?

Playing Sissoko on the right wing
Not starting Ndombele
Focusing on defence when attacking Liverpool exposed their real weaknesses
Bringing on Reguilon for no apparent reason
Bringing on Lucas Moura who was the wrong option at that time
Starting with the wrong formation

Playing we we did with 24% of the ball you are asking a hell of alot of the back line and the front line to be ultra clinical. Its such a fine line way of playing which is why I do not enjoy it. Kane is getting as many chances over the course of 10 games as Liverpool did in one and its only because he is world class that its worked and we can point accusingly at his missed header as a reason we lost tonight.

I wont knock being 2nd and doing better than I thought but at the same time tonight was the plucky underdog away in the FA Cup set up not 1st v 2nd.

Yep. Clubs like Liverpool and United under Fergie and Chelsea under various mangers have an annoying habit of winning games and trophies even when they don’t necessarily deserve to. Spurs have always been a team of great talented players with flair and likeable managers who can’t get over the line. Hopefully this year that will change.

Playing Sissoko on the right wing
Not starting Ndombele
Focusing on defence when attacking Liverpool exposed their real weaknesses
Bringing on Reguilon for no apparent reason
Bringing on Lucas Moura who was the wrong option at that time
Starting with the wrong formation

The only one I agree with is Lucas, and if Lamela or Bale are fit they get on instead I am sure. The other points? Still worth remembering that if we finish easy chances we win.

Back