• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool ***

Some lessons learned -

1) Whatever that strange 4-4-2 was in the first half, it wasn't working. Sissoko is good at precisely one thing, and only one thing - sitting next to Hojbjerg covering for Aurier. Everything else? He's crap. So, going forward, don't do whatever we did in the first half. If needed, play Lo Celso wide right, Hojbjerg and Sissoko central, Son left, Ndombele behind Kane. Drop Bergwijn, he isn't clinical enough for the game we play.

2) Lo Celso's getting better by the game.

3) We need new centre-backs, Dier just doesn't convince me and Toby, while solid, unfortunately lets things like this happen every now and then.

4) We won't win the league. Liverpool will. Accept it, it will be easier. Fully expect they'll win it by a hair in the return game as well. Mentality wise, this team and this club are midgets, and they're not. I don't know why that it is, it just is and seemingly will always be.

Think a CL spot is feasible this season, and maybe a cup somewhere. That will do me just fine.

Yep, utterly terrible. If only Lamela wasn't so unreliable he'd be perfect to have available because he keeps the ball, wins fouls and has a fudgein football brain.

I want both of them out funnily enough. Moura's not good enough and Lamela isn't fit enough.

@milo Aurier or Lloris
Neither are good enough.

It's funny we have a lot of options out wide but other than Son none that can cement a place in the side through quality of performance or actions.

I wouldn't cry if any of them were replaced (Lamela, Moura, Bergwijn and Bale who remains to be seen what impact he can have).

We have now lost 8 points to late goals. Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Spam, Palace, Everton and now Liverpool. Most came fro set pieces from the right hand side. Klopp said set pieces are so important. Yet how many do we actually score ourselves. Kane missed a sitter today from one.

Corners and free kicks are so often key. yet they continue to be our undoing.

at least we got the tactics right, I was suicidal with the way Poch always set us up to play right into their hands
When was that? I remember us playing very similarly last season just losing 2-1 when we were in poor form and the season before we would have won had Sissoko passed to Son rather than sky it. I can’t ever remember suicide.

But you can't have watched that first half and convinced yourself everything was rosy because the goal took a deflection and their other 20 shots all went straight at the keeper. On another day we could have been dead and buried. Just because we managed a couple of chances doesn't mean we deserved anything, I agree we 'could' have got something from the game I am just saying overall today they were better and deserved it more
But as you say those shots went at the keeper
That’s us defending and Hugo doing his job
It’s also really weak finishing

Some lessons learned -

1) Whatever that strange 4-4-2 was in the first half, it wasn't working. Sissoko is good at precisely one thing, and only one thing - sitting next to Hojbjerg covering for Aurier. Everything else? He's crap. So, going forward, don't do whatever we did in the first half. If needed, play Lo Celso wide right, Hojbjerg and Sissoko central, Son left, Ndombele behind Kane. Drop Bergwijn, he isn't clinical enough for the game we play.

2) Lo Celso's getting better by the game.

3) We need new centre-backs, Dier just doesn't convince me and Toby, while solid, unfortunately lets things like this happen every now and then.

4) We won't win the league. Liverpool will. Accept it, it will be easier. Fully expect they'll win it by a hair in the return game as well. meteorology wise, this team and this club are midgets, and they're not. I don't know why that it is, it just is and seemingly will always be.

Think a CL spot is feasible this season, and maybe a cup somewhere. That will do me just fine.
Let's things like what happen? Let Dier get fouled and end up marking 2 players?

When was that? I remember us playing very similarly last season just losing 2-1 when we were in poor form and the season before we would have won had Sissoko passed to Son rather than sky it. I can’t ever remember suicide.

We drew 2-2 up there a few years ago. They shaded the first half and we absolutely dominated them second half. Dembele ran the show and Kane missed a pen. How we didn't win I don't know.

The season after, we lost 2-1 to Tobys og. Same pattern. We were much better than them second half.

Last season was similar to today.

So you're right. Poch always had us competitive up there.

Kane could have had a hatrick - the slip when clean through. The long-range chip when their keeper was out, and the point-blank header.

Bergjwin could have had two. 1-6 in an alternative universe :)

I'm delighted to tell you that I live in this alternative universe, it's June over here and we've won the league!

Back