• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool*** OFFICIAL

A draw would have been fair. They have goals in them just as much as we do, if not more. And both teams can't defend. We're deluding ourselves if we dismiss them.
I think a draw would have been fair.

I'm not completely dismissing them, but if we can match them when we're well under par, at their place, 3 days after we ran ourselves ragged in a derby - that's a good sign for me.

The draw would have been a fair result; I don't think either side deserved to lose, but in the final analysis we were short in defence in a critical moment once again.

well, lets be honest. we were absolute dross tonight. attempted to play sturridge in 45 times, constantly passed to their players and danny rose did a danny rose circa 2010-2013.

totally shiit performance. it hurts so much more because of the complete and utter inevitability of it all.

thats that done. we get a rest now dont we? it looks like we need based on today.

we cant be relying on paulinho to actually participate against sensible opposition. we can carry him against dross, but against proper teams he is instantly exposed.

im so pleased with how we are coming along but that was a hard one to swallow - mainly because they were scarcely better.

Paulinho is a cheap target. The guy was okay when he came on and I am hardly one of his fans. We are all tinkled off but if you concede 3 in a game, you can't be too disappointed if you lose. We have one of the worst defences in the top ten, that will cost us points, Paulinho can't be responsible for that. But if we pick up our results v the "lesser" teams we'll be close.

I don't think we looked as tired as everyone is saying. It was quite an energetic performance, but mistake-ridden. In the first half we kept giving them the ball, even playing them through on goal (Bentaleb and Mason). In the second we gave away a needless penalty and defended extremely poorly for their winner (Rose, Bentaleb and Chadli). Liverpool didn't look any fresher than us in my opnion. By the time they scored their winner, it looked they had run out of steam and that the game was heading for a draw.

It was an extremely open game, though. I don't think I have ever seen anything like the first half. We also seemed to struggle dealing with their system. It looked like they had an extra man all over the pitch when they were in possession. We sorted that out at half time, but mistakes killed us, just like two years ago up there.

Strange that Stambouli wasn't on the bench unless he is injured/sick. He would surely have been a better man to bring on than Paulinho, not that he lost us the game. It is also a gamble to bring Eriksen off. I can see why he did it, but suddenly we concede a goal, and we have one fewer player out there who can get one back for us.

Not a great display but I thought good enough for a draw.
The young players will take a lot from the last two games and that experience will stand them in good stead for the future.

A world of difference to the previous few games against them, we didn't turn up and lost narrowly, no need to knee jerk, it was just one of those nights.

Think we paid the price for never really addressing the left hand side of the pitch. Ibe caused Rose no end of trouble and Mason and Eriksen failed to help out and pick up Markovic when he popped up in the holes out there. It never got sorted and the 3rd goal came as a result of Bentaleb being pulled out to double up on Ibe and Chadli not taking up Bentaleb's position to track the run of Lallana.

We did look tired and I don't think either team did much of note after 60 minutes or so, because they also seemed to lose some of their drive, though there were times in the first half when some players looked ropey. In all honesty I felt a draw was the fairer result, but they did play the better stuff and I can't say that the warning signs weren't there.

Still, we went to Anfield and scored two goals. Dier put in another good performance and Lamela looked a better player tonight. I expected us to pick up halfway through the season and do nothing more than have a decent cup run and scrape a Europa spot. Right now we are still in the hunt amongst a very strong group of teams so kudos to Poch and the lads, we can expect better next year no doubt.

It was real end-to-end stuff, pretty sloppy play on a muddy pitch, we had a chance, then they break 3 on 3 and then we get it and break 3 on 3 and all a bit silly really, fun to watch but not really controlled or a sensible way to play.

We decided to go for it and try to win, hence we lost, no shame in that.

It was agonising to see someone (Bentaleb I think) go out to help Rose and Lallana just walk into free space, Vertonghen just reacting too slow, as was Chadli... you could see it a mile off on TV... then the cross which Vert/Dier didn't react to as fast as Balotelli... nasty goal to concede, it was VERY easy for them to walk in like that. I need to see it again really.

Very very gutted.

Played ok but defensive errors cost us....first two goals easily avoidable......mistakes from Vertonghen and Dier.....Rose did not cover himself in glory.

Still we have a little break and we must move on from this.

1-1 was the 'adjudicated' result. Two mistakes from us defensively. And one offside for our goal.

Similar managers and similar transition teams. Both decent in attack both undermined by not having a solid defence. Pools defence looked better to be honest, but only Ibe (is it spelt) looked dangerous in attack. He has that Bale-scale power and speed combo.

In hindsight maybe Poch could have played Dembele deeper to shore us up. But these post-Bale signings need to deliver at the end of the season. They need to step up to the plate. Poch has to get into them and put faith in them. Having fresh players when you've only got 2 days off is key.

another good lamela performance, won the most tackles and ran furthest on either team. created 3 chances and got an assist

Overall I'm disappointed we lost but in fairness the team looks way more dangerous than at the start of the season. We look cohesive as a unit until we need to change it up.

Personally when we change formation to work Soldado into the team I think we lose all our shape. I think that poch needs to work on his sub's. Paulinhio behind the striker and bring dembele deeper. Townsend with his pace instead of Chadli. We missed Stambouli tonight. He would have been a good option of the bench.

I thought we were the team in ascendance in the second half. But a rash tackle and Chadli not covering his man left us in it.

Dembele was a real pivot for us up front allowing Kane, Eriksen and Lamela to rotate around him. Mason look tired.

They worked on the space in behind our full backs in the first half. Second half Poch changed it and we lookedmore solid but still sloppy.

Overall we are plating at a high standard. But we need viable options from the bench and the squad and we are very limited.

another good lamela performance, won the most tackles and ran furthest on either team. created 3 chances and got an assist

I thought it was a typical Lamela performance apart from the goal he set up, which he did very well for I must admit. More often than not though, he picks the wrong option when in the final third, he had a great chance to slip someone in at one point, but played a pass out to the wing.

With Dembele they were the only two players to perform. Coincidence that both have had some football to have their eye in, but are considerably fresher with less games recently?

I thought it was a typical Lamela performance apart from the goal he set up, which he did very well for I must admit. More often than not though, he picks the wrong option when in the final third, he had a great chance to slip someone in at one point, but played a pass out to the wing.

I feel he's important to our style. Not undroppable, but he improves us. almost every chance created against arsenal for example either come from lamela tackling in our half or a clever pass from him

I feel he's important to our style. Not undroppable, but he improves us. almost every chance created against arsenal for example either come from lamela tackling in our half or a clever pass from him

He works hard there's no doubting that, but so does Eriksen. The difference is, Eriksen makes a difference in terms of goals, Lamela just doesn't do it enough and picks the wrong option too often. I feel Chadli is a little unlucky to be on the bench if I'm honest considering his goal record, probably still would be in the team if not for his bereavement.

He works hard there's no doubting that, but so does Eriksen. The difference is, Eriksen makes a difference in terms of goals, Lamela just doesn't do it enough and picks the wrong option too often. I feel Chadli is a little unlucky to be on the bench if I'm honest considering his goal record, probably still would be in the team if not for his bereavement.

his assists/contribution make up for lack of goals. he is a poch player and plays superbly for this type of role/style.

Back