• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool*** OFFICIAL

It's when you say things like this: I swear they have all had a pre-game lobotomy tonight. And when GinolaGinolaGinola says this: So it was a false dawn, as I said earlier if we lose tonight shows we haven't progressed at all. Bunch of tucking bottlers.

I should have done a multi-quote and apologize if I singled out your comment (which was probably a heat of the moment feeling)

We came up against a Pool team on a great run of form and came up short. Ever onwards, ever upwards!

No worries mate. I say some harsh sounding things when the game is live, but it's no big deal. I think we can be happy with where we are as a team this season and where we are heading. We've had some great results lately, just a shame we couldn't get something from those scouse qunts!

We didn't deserve anything tonight. Fair enough to start the same team but it quickly became clear several of the players looked jaded ( mentally and physically). We defended like prannies. Thought Poch left his subs too late today. More importantly, unless Eriksen was injured, you should never EVER take him off. He is not only our most creative player he can always score a late late goal as he has on so many occasions. And then to replace him with Poorlinho just compounded the problem. We handed the initiative to them there and then and from that moment there was only going to be one winner. Oh well, can't win em all.

Should have held on at 2-2. Dier HAD to win that ball ahead of Wаnkatelli.
I thought the 1st mistake was from Nabil who by going to the ball out wide allowed space for all lana to run into. Then balotelli wanted it more than our defence.

Liverpool are still a serious threat to us make no bones about it. Not a disaster losing tonight, but such sloppy passing gifting them some great chances and two baffling subs from Poch.
You answered it in the first part - card happy. And injury time?

Clutching at straws. We got what we deserved tonight.

Well after we put 5 past Chelsea we lost tamely to Palace in the very next league game, and tonight is a repeat of that. Very poor overall and gutted that so many players were'nt at the races tonight.

Disappointing. We lost all shape when Mason, Eriksen and Dembele went off. Unless they were knackered/injured, those were all bad subs.

The three of them, like the rest of the team, looked tired midway through the second half though. It's good we now have a long rest before the run in. Think we'll need it. Lots of sloppy passing today.

Oh well, onwards and upwards, it's not losing away to the better teams that will be the deciding factor for where we finish, IMO. We're more likely to regret those early season home losses.

And Paulinho was an awful change. We were already wobbling in defensive midfield, but putting Paulinho on ended any semblance of control we had in that area. His first challenge was a feeble, half-hearted attempt to win the ball on the halfway line that was brushed off with ease by the Liverpool player on the ball, and he only got more anonymous from there.

Do you mean that empty shirt I saw jerking around on the end of a length of fishing line like the piece of parchment Niall MacGinnis was chasing along the track at the end of Night of the Demon? If so, I agree.

lloris let in a goal he'd otherwise save 9 times out of 10. when your GK has a poor game, youre in for a tough night. anfield isnt an easy place to go, only gutting thing for me is just conceding late. thats arguably our hardest league game out the way now.

Liverpool are still a serious threat to us make no bones about it. Not a disaster losing tonight, but such sloppy passing gifting them some great chances and two baffling subs from Poch.

We were way below our best but still edged it against those cvnts.

Not at all. When you are the away team (and particularly at a place like Anfield) those bookings soon break your type of play (where every challenge is contested by the vocal home fans and the ref seems partial to them). We are an aggressive team now but being on a yellow doesn't help.

Where we failed IMO was letting IBE run the show.

Think we shouldn't be too hard on the team after tonight. I said at half time we looked like the better side and I stand by that. Even if we were to lose tonight it doesn't change who the better football team is. And I think we demonstrated that it was us.

We imposed our will on them. I can't remember a move they put together that was the result of sustained pressure and not the result of a counter attack with the ball bouncing luckily to them. If they did they were few and far between.

That said, I think we were sloppy tonight and ran out of steam towards the end. I don't necessarily think we were physically tired, rather the mental heroics that are required to win a game like Arsenal often slip in the the next game, hence the slopiness. Hence our loss to Palace. But it's better to win the those games than lose or draw them.

All in all, I'm bloody happy with where we are as a team. We look like we have a system that the players have bought into, as well as a proper spirit, and you can't underestimate how important those things are. I'm sure Rodgers is going to be cringingly smug tonight, but it doesn't change what I believe to be the fact that he is behind the times and the Poch method is the future.

Back