• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs. Lesstarrr ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's all about how your fouls look these days. Keep them niggly and unclear and you get off. Toby leaving his leg where it was, with a bit of a wobble, was clear visually. He didn't hardly move his leg from where it was already. But visually it looked clear in slow mo. Bergwijn has his arm folded into the defender. Its tight to the body, and visually its a mess of limbs. Without theatrics there is no clear visual image. Vardy, has less claim than Bergwijn, but he masterfully creates a clear visual image with a nice dive and roll.

Var needs work there is no doubt. Seems to work in Rugby. Why have we made such a mess of it in football?

It's all about how your fouls look these days. Keep them niggly and unclear and you get off. Toby leaving his leg where it was, with a bit of a wobble, was clear visually. He didn't hardly move his leg from where it was already. But visually it looked clear in slow mo. Bergwijn has his arm folded into the defender. Its tight to the body, and visually its a mess of limbs. Without theatrics there is no clear visual image. Vardy, has less claim than Bergwijn, but he masterfully creates a clear visual image with a nice dive and roll.

Var needs work there is no doubt. Seems to work in Rugby. Why have we made such a mess of it in football?

because they tried to baby step it and leave authority with the on field referee

Taking the player down with you inside the box is a Leicester speciality. Huth was the grandmaster of the art when they thugged their way to the title.

because they tried to baby step it and leave authority with the on field referee

Because they have no desire to be accountable, and no understanding of fan wants.

- If you draw a single line on two players for an offside call and still can't determine if the play is offside = it's a fudging goal, how fudging hard is that? do these fudgers really think any spectator wants a goal ruled off by an arm hair?
- Accountability, when VAR fudges up, what's the recourse, do they at least admit it? how does the guy who fudged up against West Ham be back in the VAR booth (for us) the very next game?
- Retroactive action against gaming the system, Vardy dived, ok can't change the goal/game now, but have the motherfudger take a 3 game ban at start of next season, same when Shaw hacked down Lucas and ref and VAR did nothing

Because they have no desire to be accountable, and no understanding of fan wants.

- If you draw a single line on two players for an offside call and still can't determine if the play is offside = it's a fudging goal, how fudging hard is that? do these fudgers really think any spectator wants a goal ruled off by an arm hair?
- Accountability, when VAR fudges up, what's the recourse, do they at least admit it? how does the guy who fudged up against West Ham be back in the VAR booth (for us) the very next game?
- Retroactive action against gaming the system, Vardy dived, ok can't change the goal/game now, but have the motherfudger take a 3 game ban at start of next season, same when Shaw hacked down Lucas and ref and VAR did nothing

What fans want shouldn't really matter, the point is to apply the laws of the game, perfectly.

I disagree, the onus should be on the system to prove the player was onside, or it's not a goal, default should be no state change. Personally I'd like all goals ruled out, that's probably just me though.

Yep, needs to be accountability and retrospective action.

What fans want shouldn't really matter, the point is to apply the laws of the game, perfectly.

I disagree, the onus should be on the system to prove the player was onside, or it's not a goal, default should be no state change. Personally I'd like all goals ruled out, that's probably just me though.

Yep, needs to be accountability and retrospective action.

See I disagree on offside

- The original rule was attacker advantage (i.e. level is on), so by that if one line isn't decisive = attacker advantage
- Fans matter, VAR should be to reduce controversy, not create it or disgruntle fans
- I also absolutely believe VARs lines are complete flimflam, no way they are accurate to the degree they claim, is the camera strait on? (never is), is at an angle, at what height? what software is drawing the line or are you effectively just photoshopping a line on a still with no context of camera position? (in other words, you are fudging making it up, not accurate)

The reason no one complains re goal line is because it's precise, until they can make offside like that, then simple, one line benefiting attacker is the route to go.

See I disagree on offside

- The original rule was attacker advantage (i.e. level is on), so by that if one line isn't decisive = attacker advantage
- Fans matter, VAR should be to reduce controversy, not create it or disgruntle fans
- I also absolutely believe VARs lines are complete flimflam, no way they are accurate to the degree they claim, is the camera strait on? (never is), is at an angle, at what height? what software is drawing the line or are you effectively just photoshopping a line on a still with no context of camera position? (in other words, you are fudging making it up, not accurate)

The reason no one complains re goal line is because it's precise, until they can make offside like that, then simple, one line benefiting attacker is the route to go.

I'm against advantage to the attacker, defending is football too.

I'm against advantage to the attacker, defending is football too.

As a lifelong defender I disagree, the aim of the game is to score goals, that's what football fans want to see, maybe not football club fans. I appreciate good defending but I want to see good attacking play. TV has made everyone want to pick every bit of play to pieces and blame someone for most goals, taking joy out of the game. Players and coaches should analysis the game to improve performance everyone else should sit back and enjoy the game and stop pretending to be experts.

Good result!
I’ve been in hospital since Wednesday afternoon after breaking my hip!
So I needed a bit good news

I was wondering yesterday why you had been so quiet. Ouch! Hope you feel much better soon and that you recovery quickly.

Excellent excuse to watch every single Euros game without feeling guilty...! Take care.

Back