• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City Replay (FA Cup)***

Which was basically my argument. You know that Vorm and Wimmer will play.

We shall see I guess, lets hope we name a strong enough side to win otherwise it will be another trophy we miss out on. Ever get the feeling we are going around in circles :D

We shall see I guess, lets hope we name a strong enough side to win otherwise it will be another trophy we miss out on. Ever get the feeling we are going around in circles :D

I cannot remember Poch ever putting out a team that hasn't been strong enough to win.

I haven't been overly impressed with Chadli in his recent cameos. Onomah looks in better form IMO.

You said it ( cameos), his season has been hit by injurys but he has shown that he can score and he needs to play if he is ever to do that again. And if he gets back to what he was doing last season his goals will help us in the run in, however if we do not play him it will not happen.

You said it ( cameos), his season has been hit by injurys but he has shown that he can score and he needs to play if he is ever to do that again. And if he gets back to what he was doing last season his goals will help us in the run in, however if we do not play him it will not happen.
True but he has to show more with the minutes he is given or he'll never dislodge the player in front of him. I understand he is on the way back from injury, but that should really only excuse his lack of match sharpness not his workrate. That for me is where he is lacking and I'd hazard a guess he'll be reduced to cameos for the rest of the season unless he addresses that shortcoming. In saying all that he could still feature tomorrow if he is putting in the effort in training.

True but he has to show more with the minutes he is given or he'll never dislodge the player in front of him. I understand he is on the way back from injury, but that should really only excuse his lack of match sharpness not his workrate. That for me is where he is lacking and I'd hazard a guess he'll be reduced to cameos for the rest of the season unless he addresses that shortcoming. In saying all that he could still feature tomorrow if he is putting in the effort in training.

To,be honest ( and I do not know the figures) but since he got injured all he has played is minutes as a sub so he will not get his form back by doing that. Again I do not go for this idea that Chadli is lazy ( I have heard the same thing about Eriksen among others) everyone has their ideas and opinions about certain players and like everything else its just a opinion. But what I do know is that he scored 13 goals for us last season ( 1 every 3 bit game) and IF we can get him back doing that it will benefit the whole team.

To,be honest ( and I do not know the figures) but since he got injured all he has played is minutes as a sub so he will not get his form back by doing that. Again I do not go for this idea that Chadli is lazy ( I have heard the same thing about Eriksen among others) everyone has their ideas and opinions about certain players and like everything else its just a opinion. But what I do know is that he scored 13 goals for us last season ( 1 every 3 bit game) and IF we can get him back doing that it will benefit the whole team.
His goal record is good, very good actually, but I don't think that will keep him in the side if he doesn't pull his weight defensively and with pressing the opposition. I'm not too sure you'd call that lazy per se, but let's say he is not as committed defensively when compared to other players. I firmly believe Chadli could be a beast of player if he wanted it, but I don't see the same drive in him as some of the other players fighting for 1st team spots. In my mind his approach to the physical side of game is too timid especially given his physique. This is all IMO of course and I'd like nothing more than to have my own words shoved down my throat by some stellar performances ;).

His goal record is good, very good actually, but I don't think that will keep him in the side if he doesn't pull his weight defensively and with pressing the opposition. I'm not too sure you'd call that lazy per se, but let's say he is not as committed defensively when compared to other players. I firmly believe Chadli could be a beast of player if he wanted it, but I don't see the same drive in him as some of the other players fighting for 1st team spots. In my mind his approach to the physical side of game is too timid especially given his physique. This is all IMO of course and I'd like nothing more than to have my own words shoved down my throat by some stellar performances ;).

You do have a point and I do not doubt that, but as you say lets hope he proves his self again and if we are to make changes tomorrow then it would/may be a chance for him to do that.

---------------Lloris------------
Walker---Alder---Vert---Davies
-------Bentaleb--Dembele---
Son------Carroll----Onomah
-----------Kane------------

Alderweireld needs a break - good to see some has some common sense in not wanting us to pick Dier though

I agree that he needs a break but I worry about our defence without him.

I think Wimmer with Verts can be a strong combination - IF they have had some time to prepare in training. And that is the same for all these squad players. Provided they have worked enough on their roles, positions etc in training the likes of Bentaleb, Carol, Son will quite possibly be better than our first team who will not be as fresh, or keen to make a case for their first team place.

That said I would play Lloris not Vorm. Dier and Alderweireld should get a break. Kane should too and could come off the bench for Son if needed.

Full strength team please, want to see us winning trophys, Arsenal seem to do well at winning the FA Cup and finishing top 4 so why can't we? get through this round then we can rest some players in the easier next round.

Besides Leicester are beginning to annoy me.

Full strength team please, want to see us winning trophys, Arsenal seem to do well at winning the FA Cup and finishing top 4 so why can't we? get through this round then we can rest some players in the easier next round.

Besides Leicester are beginning to annoy me.
Totally agree.
If we get through plenty of time to rotate against weaker teams.
Lloris needs to start, Vorm struggles to come off his line and is weak in the air, especially from corners.
Also, like to see Rose and Davies together, as Davies created our best chances against them last week and Rose won the pen in the Cup game.

I think Wimmer with Verts can be a strong combination - IF they have had some time to prepare in training.

They are both VERY left-sided players. Which would you play on the right? I'd probably put Verts there as he is the more experienced, but it's still a risky move. Then again, there's always Fazio...

I'll get my coat.

i think the critical omission there, however, is how few we have conceded. Given that the team plays as such, I have to wonder if this is an area where Poch feels he is not up to par right now. Again, given that he runs a meritocracy there is time enough for Chadders to find his feet and energy. We shall see.

No Vorm please .. he'll make one goal conceding mistake that will probably cost us ...
I think we urgently need a new back up goalie. People can say it's because Vorm hasn't had minutes on the pitch, but I never felt this worried about Friedal or Cudicini coming in. Can you imagine the remainder of the season if Lloris was out injured?

Back