• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City Replay (FA Cup)***

Do you want us to not only lose but get smashed and humiliated live on terrestial TV, like we saw eg 13 years ago vs Soton?? Or ten years ago when Leicester were in the second tier near the bottom??

I mean Carroll AND Winks shielding that defence??

WOW

The only way to shield a defence against Leicester reserves to to build them some sort of temporary roof. Leicester are going to hoof over the midfield from the back regardless who we have there.

Strong team please Poch, lets set out to try and win a Cup.

I read some quotes from him earlier in the week where he was talking about the demands of being in three competitions and the need to use all of the squad to keep everyone fresh, so I think that you are going to be out of luck. Annoyingly, I cannot find the piece that I read now, it gave a decent insight into his thinking.

@parklane1 @StephenH

Here is what he said:

“It’s not that I prioritise,” he said. “It’s impossible to play with the same players every game. It’s very difficult. Sometimes we need to pick different players, to share the minutes and try to play like this. It’s important – you need to understand that we have 24, 25 players in the squad and it’s for that. It’s difficult to rest, to be fresh and to perform well in different games.

“It’s not about ambitions. It’s about trying to win games and be fresh because it’s impossible to keep the performance if you play 70 games in a season. If you want to achieve something important at the end of the season, every single player needs to be involved. They need to feel like they are a very important part of the team.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-dele-alli-son-patrick-van-aanholt-sunderland

@parklane1 @StephenH

Here is what he said:

“It’s not that I prioritise,” he said. “It’s impossible to play with the same players every game. It’s very difficult. Sometimes we need to pick different players, to share the minutes and try to play like this. It’s important – you need to understand that we have 24, 25 players in the squad and it’s for that. It’s difficult to rest, to be fresh and to perform well in different games.

“It’s not about ambitions. It’s about trying to win games and be fresh because it’s impossible to keep the performance if you play 70 games in a season. If you want to achieve something important at the end of the season, every single player needs to be involved. They need to feel like they are a very important part of the team.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-dele-alli-son-patrick-van-aanholt-sunderland

Thanks for posting and I agree with what he is saying, I have no problem with resting a couple of players ( its why we have a squad) bit what I do dislike is when its 6 or 7 especially when its a knock out game. We nearly blew it in the first game by making that many changes and a I hope we do not repeat that tomorrow night.

Mind you I know its easy for me to say that and he is the manager ( who I think is doing a great job overall).

@parklane1 @StephenH

Here is what he said:

Indeed!
Except some players will be involved in the important games and some will play in the cup!

Thanks for posting and I agree with what he is saying, I have no problem with resting a couple of players ( its why we have a squad) bit what I do dislike is when its 6 or 7 especially when its a knock out game. We nearly blew it in the first game by making that many changes and a I hope we do not repeat that tomorrow night.

Mind you I know its easy for me to say that and he is the manager ( who I think is doing a great job overall).

I think that the fullbacks are pretty much interchangeable, so I am happy for Poch to change them at will. I am also pretty relaxed about Carroll, Chadli and Son coming in because they are established in the match day side and have featured recently. Beyond that, I would only expect two changes, Vorm and Wimmer.

I think that the fullbacks are pretty much interchangeable, so I am happy for Poch to change them at will. I am also pretty relaxed about Carroll, Chadli and Son coming in because they are established in the match day side and have featured recently. Beyond that, I would only expect two changes, Vorm and Wimmer.

So 7 changes then in your mind? As I say I am only a fan whose " eyes have seen the glory of the cups at WHL" and I want to see a few more before I pop my clogs ( I am getting on you know :()

---------------Lloris------------
Walker---Alder---Vert---Davies
-------Bentaleb--Dembele---
Son------Carroll----Onomah
-----------Kane------------

Back