• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City (FA Cup)***

How's this for Bias? "Just what every neutral fan would want...a Leicester goal." WTF, how is that neutral? I also think the camera work on football has gone backwards. It's shaky, often out of focus and the what's with the camera panning the crowd, focusing on supporters or subs when the ball's in play. Truly, someone should be sacked, it's that bad!

As bad as last Sunday, when Lennon scored and Tyler shouted 'Take that Tottenham' I nearly punched the TV

I don't think that article says the we have the brain of a pigeon. Just that pigeons, like humans, are prone to superstitious behavior.

Pigeons are actually more intelligent than you think, anyway.
That is fair. I used to be superstitious 20 years ago, I can remember holding my breath and touching the ceiling and standing on one penis, but in the end I realised that I do not affect Spurs games, I am GHod-like, but not GHod

Our fans were abit brick today, our away fans are second to non but you can never hear anything form our fans unless we score.

We really need to take a leaf out of Arsenal's book when it comes to playing teams that put ten behind the ball. They use pace and are more direct. They always use little thru balls and their movement is superb, always GETTING BODIES IN THE BOX!. our off the ball movement is non-existent and although our pretty triangles look good, without off ball movement IN THE AREA they are ineffectual.

That is fair. I used to be superstitious 20 years ago, I can remember holding my breath and touching the ceiling and standing on one penis, but in the end I realised that I do not affect Spurs games, I am GHod-like, but not GHod
Well, in my experience, Spurs tend to do better when I do the right things. Besides it also gives me the motivation to try to do the right things in life. You can't say for certain that my actions don't affect Spurs' results. There is just no way anyone can know for certain.

Worst possible result.

On the other hand it's one more chance to give game time to Wimmer, Trippier, Rose/Davies, Carroll, Onomah, Chadli, Son and quite possibly Bentaleb. Perhaps a bit too soon for Pritchard to get minutes, but you never know.

4 likely starters on Wednesday started today (Toby, Dier, Carroll, Eriksen). Extend the trust shown in Bentaleb today to a start in the replay and we could be looking at 3 league starters in the line-up for the replay.

Those minutes could give vital match fitness to some of our squad players that could be a real difference maker for us later in the season. I certainly will feel more confident if we have to call on Chadli, Son, Bentaleb or Onomah against Leicester mid-week after them getting game time today.

Would be worse with a replay later in among the EL fixtures.

That wouldn't be hard. They still barely touched the ball.

Had we been anywhere near our ability we'd have walked that - even playing the reserves.

We've seen enough of us dominating without scoring this season to know that against good/decent Pl opposition "walking it" isn't always going to happen regardless of who plays.

Disappointing result, but obviously a relief to get the equaliser in the end and get another opportunity to stay in the tournament. It feels like we gave it away today though. We were completely dominant, at least in the first half, but we just couldn't take advantage. Same story as against Everton last week, and it's something we need to work on.

First of all, we need to create more chances and get more goals when we are as dominant as we were today. We had 75% of the possession, but I think Eriksen's goal was the only clear cut chance we actually created. That's simply not good enough. I think it's been a problem under Pochetino in general, and attacking against teams that sit deep should be next thing we look to improve on if we are to take the next step.

Secondly, when we do dominate as much as we did today, we must also make sure we stay focused at the back when the opposition has a rare attack. For the second week running, we conceded the first time the opponent got anywhere near our box. It's quite incredibe that we managed to concede twice today, and both goals were down to a lack of focus at the back.

Basially we played well in between the two penalty boxes, we were poor where it really matters.

As for the handball, that is a clear penalty for me. It is a conscious movement of the arm, and he pushes the ball away from the attacker (Rose). A handball doesn't have to be intentional for it to be a foul. It is down to the position of the arm in relation to the body, and players have to take responsibility for where they place their arms. I heard a Norwegian referee explain this on tv a while back, and you would think he would know. I don't know why everyone talks about intention anyway. It has never been the case that a handball has to be intentional for it to be a foul. If that was the case, there would hardly ever be a penalty for handball.

Pretty much football that... Easier to sit back and counter. To break down a hard working well organized team is one of the hardest things in football.

Leicester are a team full of confidence, even with a couple of changes today. They were happy with 25% possession and more or less fluked a goal when we were completely in control at 1-0, then got another goal against the run of play immediately after half time. Always going to be difficult circumstances.

Not that we shouldn't work hard to get better at creating chances in those situations. But with 3 out of our front 4 changed, an 18 year old and a couple of players not in full form making up our main attacking threat I thought we did reasonably well.

Well, in my experience, Spurs tend to do better when I do the right things. Besides it also gives me the motivation to try to do the right things in life. You can't say for certain that my actions don't affect Spurs' results. There is just no way anyone can know for certain.
I can say it with as much certainty as "touching my nose makes Drew Barrymore eat peanuts".

We really need to take a leaf out of Arsenal's book when it comes to playing teams that put ten behind the ball. They use pace and are more direct. They always use little thru balls and their movement is superb, always GETTING BODIES IN THE BOX!. our off the ball movement is non-existent and although our pretty triangles look good, without off ball movement IN THE AREA they are ineffectual.
Runs into the box is VITAL, when playing teams that sit back, and I have said it time and time again. We just have a bunch of players at the edge of the box, with their back to the goal. No one comes from behind and makes runs into the box. We are so static, and it's very very easy to defend against. Alli does do it though, but we need more players to get into those positions.

Definite penalty, he punched the ball out of Rose's path! You can't do that, as others have said, if you allow that then defenders would just be running round the area flailing their arms all over the place!

Which leads me on to the appalling live coverage of the BBC, MOTD has got progressively worse every year and their live coverage is terrible! Missed a load of live footage because of playing replays and pointless close ups.

Other than pass back don't think that there is such a thing as indirect free kick in the area anymore
There is. Any offence that valids an indirect free kick is also an indirect free kick in the penalty area. The place of the offence does not change the rules. Obstruction is such an offence, and an indirect free kick is to be give, regardless of where the offence occurs.

It's not just the football, BBC types are more interestd in talking about 'the story behind' rather than showing history being made. And it's got to have a backbeat.

The coverage was the Leicester show, wasn't it?! Very boring and one sided.
Wasn't it just. These guys are no longer the plucky underdogs but the ass licking by the commentators and pundits was well biased. And Leicester were crap too.

Last edited:
Real shame but more minutes for our second string + a few starters. Hopefully Mason, Dembele and Pritchard all return to give us more options.

Just need to manage Lloris, Alderweireld, Alli, Kane, Dier and Dembele carefully. The rest we can rotate and hopefully will be ok.

Credit to Leicester I suppose. Belief is a huge thing, and right now they feel they can get a result anywhere against anyone. Everything is running for them at the minute but they deserve it with the effort they put in

Back